Remove speed limiter

Discussion on Turbo electronics including Boost Controller, Turbo Timers, WideBands, etc
takumi
Learners Permit

Remove speed limiter

Post by takumi »

I have a 240sx KA24DE engine and let me know if you can help me with speed limiter, as I can remove it?

thanks
Preston
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Preston »

Get an auto ecu and plug it in. Or a way to tune and delete the limiter.
takumi
Learners Permit

Post by takumi »

if I understood correctly, is avoided with a programmable ECU?
where is the limiter on the ecu or the gearbox?
Freise
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Freise »

The ECU limits speed two ways.
1) If the car came stock 5spd, then you have a limiter in 5th gear @ 5,500 rpms. You can avoid this by getting a stock automatic ECU
2) The second limiter is a speed governor and iirc it's set around 120mph, not sure what it is in km/h. There are a couple ways around this one. The best solution is an aftermarket/rechipped ecu. The next best thing would be to install a toggle switch on your speed sensor, then when you want to break 120mph just flip the switch which will kill the speed signal to the ecu. however, your speedo will not work and neither will your odometer. The third solution is just to unplug speed sensor all together, but I do not recommend that at all.
95 240sx KA24DE-T
S15 Injectors
Z32 blow through
takumi
Learners Permit

Post by takumi »

Freise wrote:The ECU limits speed two ways.
1) If the car came stock 5spd, then you have a limiter in 5th gear @ 5,500 rpms. You can avoid this by getting a stock automatic ECU
2) The second limiter is a speed governor and iirc it's set around 120mph, not sure what it is in km/h. There are a couple ways around this one. The best solution is an aftermarket/rechipped ecu. The next best thing would be to install a toggle switch on your speed sensor, then when you want to break 120mph just flip the switch which will kill the speed signal to the ecu. however, your speedo will not work and neither will your odometer. The third solution is just to unplug speed sensor all together, but I do not recommend that at all.
I have only one more question, which is IIRC, I do not understand these acronyms
where I can rechipped?

thanks for your help
Freise
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Freise »

IIRC = If I recall correctly

Google JWT or Enthalpy, I'm not sure off the top of my head who else does them, but I think you can have either of these ecu's tuned for your supercharger setup
95 240sx KA24DE-T
S15 Injectors
Z32 blow through