Datalogging with an AEM Wideband

Discussion on Turbo electronics including Boost Controller, Turbo Timers, WideBands, etc
bmaddock
Dreams of owning a 240!

Datalogging with an AEM Wideband

Post by bmaddock »

Hello all,

I need some confirmation on how to datalog an OBD1 S13. I've done some research but am still unsure of how exactly I can link AEM wideband AFR readings to the other parameters from the ECU. From what I've learned:

Nissan OBD 14-pin => Consult Tool 14-pin to RS232 => RS232 to USB converter => Laptop with Nissan Datascan

Great, I get that and should be able to get that running no problem. Now the problem comes in when I would like to stream the wideband AFR simultaneously through the Nissan Datascan software. I found this link which explains how to datalog just the AEM wideband readings http://www.j-k-tuning.com/NismoTronic/AEM_UEGO.pdf

Now my question is, can I cut into the Nissan Datascan RS232 cable and splice in the AEM wideband readings in Pin #2 to send wideband readings to my laptop with the Nissan Datascan information? I saw on Nissan Datascan it only supports two other wideband manufacturers but all I need is the 0-5V logged. OR is there a better option I'm not aware of?