467hp/425tq @ 18psi

Dyno Sheets/Results Only! We have a separate forum about ECU Tuning and Theory
ak_slick
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

467hp/425tq @ 18psi

Post by ak_slick »

I think my intake manifold is the next thing I should change what is your guys opinion?

E85
9-1 compression pistons
Freshly built motor
BC 264's degree'd
My Turbo Manifold
GT32 Journal Bearing, .63 hotside, .50 comp
Megasquirt
RC1000 cc Injectors
Stock Intake Manifold

DynoCOM Hub Dyno In INERTIA mode. I have since verified with DynoCOM at SEMA that this should read equivalent to Dynojet.

At 18psi in Las Vegas was 90-100 degree F ambient when this dyno was done.
Last edited by ak_slick on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Nice #s holy ****! I hope I can squueze numbers like yours out of my set-up. What kind of Dyno did you guys use to tune this bad boy?
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
Kfred
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by Kfred »

An intake manifold would probably help quite a bit. In the mean time try playing with the cam timing to get more top end and a flatter torque curve.

I would try retarding the intake cam 2.5* and see if you like it better.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
ak_slick

Post by ak_slick »

Kamilitaryman wrote:Nice #s holy ****! I hope I can squueze numbers like yours out of my set-up. What kind of Dyno did you guys use to tune this bad boy?
DynoCOM Hub Dyno... I want to take it over to run on the mustang dyno I have done all my other runs on to see how it compares.
Kfred wrote:An intake manifold would probably help quite a bit. In the mean time try playing with the cam timing to get more top end and a flatter torque curve.

I would try retarding the intake cam 2.5* and see if you like it better.
I think we and when I say we, I mean DDS (sponsor) will probably play with cams some more. I am pretty happy with it so far. What should I expect to see change with retarding the intake cam 2.5*?

Additionally, I am pretty sure I am leaving the efficiency range of this turbo. What do you guys think/recommend? I have been thinking that a GT30R or GT35R, I would like to try and not spool any later than I already am as I primarily drift.
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

If you retard the intake you will typically get more top end power and possibly sacrifice a little midrange. Every setup is different and sometimes virtually no midrange is loss but gains are still seen on the top end.

A gt30r is hardly bigger than a gt32. If you want to step up, get a 35r. Your dyno looks laggy for a gt32 sized turbo. I wouldn't be surprised if the gt35r spooled just as fast or faster.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

What kind of DutyCycle do you see on your 1000cc injectors?
NateDogg
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by NateDogg »

Add more timing on the top end. The KA can take another few degrees past 6000 rpm.
'91 S13
Built, balanced KA-T
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

whats ur timing look like at wot?
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

im curious about the duty cycle as well. Im wondering how far my 120lbs are gonna go with e85 and a t70. 82 a/r
PDavis40
240sx Wannabe

Post by PDavis40 »

Turbo24sxt wrote:whats ur timing look like at wot?
Ya i would also like to know. Can you take a screenshot of your timing table? I am also on MS and would like to see someone else s timing maps.
ak_slick

Post by ak_slick »

Sorry for not replying in a timely manner. I have been finishing up second to last semester in my Masters.

I actually rod knocked two rods doing a drift exhibition out at Redline time attack a few months back. It was a 3rd gear sweeper at full lock with my modified spindles... oil didn;t make it back to the sump.... anyway the motor is fixed and now back in the car awaiting the making an intake manifold to throw on it. When I get around to the electronics I will check the timing for you guys if DDS is willing to give it to me. I know it was tuned in load with an eddy brake and the timing was increased until the power starting dropping at each rpm, then backed off a couple degrees for reliability.
ak_slick

Post by ak_slick »

I was running a injector duty cycle of about 89% with only 40psi in the rail.

Top timing about about 26 degrees.

I have no ability to screen shot my timing table right now I talked with DDS and he will try and throw it up later.

Edit; Found and fixed the dyno pic.
ak_slick

Post by ak_slick »

Here is my old timing map from my last dyno thread. My new should be somewhat similar...

The vertical scale is actually in KPa I don't know what it is labelled wrong. It shows properly in TunerStudio.
boker240

Post by boker240 »

nice #'s for 18psi. gotta love 9.1.1's and the degreeing of the cam produced power. alot of peeps don't do that,, they just slap me in and runs then wonder why the power gain was Minuit.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

It's crazy how much timing you can run with on E85. Crazy. Just a suggestion though... you could use some more timing in the low load areas of the map. Should help a little with off-boost response and power.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
sr20drag
240sx Wannabe

Post by sr20drag »

What dizzy wheel are you running with your megasquirt?

Stock rods??
ak_slick

Post by ak_slick »

Not stock lol... had an incident where I put 3 rods through the block during a boost spike when I was at 380tq on a stock block. Oiled the track ... I don't think I am welcome there anymore.

Crower Rods, Supertech Pistons... I highly recommend both Crower rods especially were perfect and required no balancing within each other. The Supertech pistons were very well matched only about 1 gram of variance between them.

Camshaft position sensor is a modified s13 ka distributor mated to a 4g63 Camshaft position sensor (optical) with a custom made 24-1 trigger wheel.
ak_slick

Post by ak_slick »

adamky wrote:It's crazy how much timing you can run with on E85. Crazy. Just a suggestion though... you could use some more timing in the low load areas of the map. Should help a little with off-boost response and power.
The response time is already zero. This thing is a beast. And I am fairly certain I cannot add any more timing down low safely. This car has spent a lot of time on the dyno and is tuned properly by holding the rpm constant with a varied load, adding to read the power output and then moving on to the next rpm range. When you see the power not increase or drop from adding timing you back it off a couple degrees and call it good. Then the motor will last forever and not blow itself apart when mercilessly hot lapped around the drift course of the day.
myowncasualty

Post by myowncasualty »

ak_slick wrote:Then the motor will last forever and not blow itself apart when mercilessly hot lapped around the drift course of the day.
We will see about that. Either way, more power is on the way :twisted:
95 240sx ka-t > SOLD
08 Evo X MR > New daily/ fun
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

ak_slick wrote:The response time is already zero. This thing is a beast. And I am fairly certain I cannot add any more timing down low safely. This car has spent a lot of time on the dyno and is tuned properly by holding the rpm constant with a varied load, adding to read the power output and then moving on to the next rpm range. When you see the power not increase or drop from adding timing you back it off a couple degrees and call it good. Then the motor will last forever and not blow itself apart when mercilessly hot lapped around the drift course of the day.
Cool, sounds like you're got it figured out then. It's just that most timing maps look a lot like stock in the low load areas of the map, and you're running much less than stock timing in those areas. I wasn't trying to criticize. It just seemed strange to me, so I thought I'd mention it.

Awesome power for only 18 psi. I bet that thing is scary fast on the streets.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
ak_slick

Post by ak_slick »

To be honest I don't really use the low load areas... it is a pure track car... it goes into boost and stays there through the shifts until I have to wait in line.

So we ran it in on the dyno in load mode today, which is pretty much directly comparable to a Mustang Dyno (we have tested it directly on a few cars and are always within about 10hp)

I made 399hp and 390tq at 20 psi which honestly is a much more realistic number considering the turbo size. I am pretty sure I am out flowing the turbo as it always drops to the same finishing hp/tq at redline.
kjones
240sx Wannabe

Post by kjones »

Very impressive!