Precision 6262 fail dyno

Dyno Sheets/Results Only! We have a separate forum about ECU Tuning and Theory
Berserker
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Precision 6262 fail dyno

Post by Berserker »

Well came back from Dyno disappointed today. Wanted allot more power from my set up, but that dint happen

Made 490 whp @ 28 lb on Precision 6262. + E-85
It was dynojet.
Mods:
Precision 6262
9.1 pistons
eagle rods
JWT S1 Cams
1600 inc
Dual walbros
JWT ecu+Lighting MAF

Seems like after 4.5k rpm everything goes to ****. Might need more timing.

I'm on JWT ecu + Safc and I leaned it out. I guess now I have to go different tuning system. Because I know JWT wont redo their tune.

608 whp @ 27.25 psi powered by Precision6262
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Rom chipped ecu and power over 400 are not something that you should 'want'.

If you're doing what you're doing, its best you have a full standalone. Going cheapass on the BRAINS for something with so much brawn is exactly what it is, cheapass.

All those great parts aren't worth the money if you don't have the proper brains(ecu) to use them. This point has been emphasized over and over, and I"m glad you understand.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

It would be fine if this was tuned for 93 octane. Last summer I put down 370 whp on JWT tuned ecu while adjusting SAFC my self on E-85. This time they tried "prototype E-85" which I wanted them just to tune it for 93 octane.. There has been people 500+ on tuned ecu's. But non the less mine needs work.
NateDogg

Post by NateDogg »

I wouldn't feel too bad about advancing the distributor 5-6 deg, if you're using E85 exclusively.
'91 S13
Built, balanced KA-T
NateDogg

Post by NateDogg »

8-bit wrote:Rom chipped ecu and power over 400 are not something that you should 'want'.

If you're doing what you're doing, its best you have a full standalone. Going cheapass on the BRAINS for something with so much brawn is exactly what it is, cheapass.

All those great parts aren't worth the money if you don't have the proper brains(ecu) to use them. This point has been emphasized over and over, and I"m glad you understand.
You must not know much about the capability of chipped ECUs.
viewtopic.php?t=47411
(CrazyS14 730whp on lightning MAF).
'91 S13
Built, balanced KA-T
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

I know what people are capable of, but its also worth pointing out that CrazyS14, i believe, had a romchip, but it was tuned in-house. There aren't many people with mail-order tunes and SAFC that are anywhere close to ideal output.

In *any* case, if you're going that big, going cheap on the tune isn't very wise and money/effort is wasted in lost efficiency. At that point in the game, money shouldn't be your limiting factor.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
blacks13coupe

Post by blacks13coupe »

Yeah mail order tunes may not be the most efficient but the simplicity of it is what some people are attracted to. I am also running a 6262 on a jwt tune+ safc.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Most definitely need to advance timing. Schmauster is using a jwt tuned ecu with safc and dizzy advanced at least 5+. But the real issue is e85 is a different animal. You will need to get a stand alone to show its true potential.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Yeah on the way back from the dyno, I thought about advancing 5 degrees, like I did last summer at the track, but it was too late. Well ima check for boost leaks advance 5 degrees and try to enjoy the car for the summer.
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by p00t »

If smoothing is 0 then I guess the graph isn't too bad but usually a rough tq/hp line indicates weak spark.

Tried rewiring your coil + ?
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

I advanced the timing 5 degrees, did a few pulls was really good, then just a few more pulls later started having spark blowout. So I dunno how much hp gain was those 5 degrees, but my stock Ignition at its limit. My plug gap is already at .012, I'm thinking of gaping it down to .010.

Or I should put in s13 distributor with a upgraded external coil.
all shal perrish
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by all shal perrish »

Berserker wrote:I advanced the timing 5 degrees, did a few pulls was really good, then just a few more pulls later started having spark blowout. So I dunno how much hp gain was those 5 degrees, but my stock Ignition at its limit. My plug gap is already at .012, I'm thinking of gaping it down to .010.

Or I should put in s13 distributor with a upgraded external coil.
s13 dizzy with msd 6al box + msd epoxy coil.. i did that and was runing .64 gap at 20 psi on my hx35.. on my s14 dizzy i was only able t0 run .15 gap at 20 psi on the same turbo.. so yea, that msd box and coil did WONDERS

and, if you are on e85.. you may be able to advance that dizzy even a few more degrees and pick up some more power.. next time you go to the dyno you should bring a timing light with you and monitor changes in power vs distributor advance
www.autovaughnperformance.com

NISTUNE EXCELLENT TUNING AT AN EXCELLENT PRICE (pm with questions regarding)

I AM ON THE HUNT FOR JWT CAM GEARS..
if you have some, pm me
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

I say try s13 dizzy with msd blaster coil or better and ignition rewire. Or you can do the rewire with a 14 internal coil. you need to get power to the spark.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by p00t »

Are the internal coils that much weaker?

I have always thought about using a boost-a-spark from kenne bell it only raises voltage under boost so you dont burn the coil out.
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022
all shal perrish

poot,
the internal coils kick as* when the dizzy is new, but it is commonplace for a external coil to be replaced with normal maintenance, so there is fewer miles / hrs of use on the typical external coil vs a internal coil were the entire distributor is needed to be replaced..

being as a brand new internal coil dizzy is a far cry more expensive than just re wiring your car to run a external coil, it seems that rewiring is the most cost effective solution for most people.

also, for the argument of being able to buy a used distributor to plug in the same spot without having to re-wire anything, you likely will run into the same issues you are faced with in the very near future, and only to be faced with the same decision once again.. replace, or swap out with easy maintenance parts i.e. external coil

if you have some, pm me
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

Do you have your coil "hot wired"? I have the factory 12V coil wire triggering a relay. The relay gives power straight from the back of the alternator to the ignition coil.

This helped my spark blowout issues and cost me about $10 to do. I also switched to bcpr7es sparkplugs and that helped as well.

This mod is worth a shot if you haven't done it yet.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
Berserker

Post by Berserker »

^ yeah I'l try that first rewiring my coil pack, see if that helps, because I saw that MSD 6al was 200+ .
all shal perrish

Berserker wrote:^ yeah I'l try that first rewiring my coil pack, see if that helps, because I saw that MSD 6al was 200+ .
you can get them for way less on ebay used

if you have some, pm me
crazys14

Post by crazys14 »

don't hate on the stock rom tuned nissan ecu, i've made over 550whp for over 6 years and over 700whp for over 2 years on a stock rom tuned nissan ecu and E85.

E85 is a different animal and it wants more timing and a different afrs. you really need full access to fuel/timing maps and a dyno when tuning e85 to see its true potential.
koukis14drifter
Learners Permit

Post by koukis14drifter »

whats is a pte6152 max boost?
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

koukis14drifter wrote:whats is a pte6152 max boost?
Assuming you live near sea level, the compressor map goes as high as 45psi. However, you will probably hit the choke line before you hit 45psi (i hope). The pte61XX turbos use the same compressor wheel as the gt35r. It stays pretty efficient up to 600whp or so assuming it takes you around 30psi to make 600whp.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
smbonn2005
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by smbonn2005 »

Was curious about when you saw full boost on your setup?