Dyno and Megasquirt review.

Dyno Sheets/Results Only! We have a separate forum about ECU Tuning and Theory
Sean
Dreams of owning a 240!

Dyno and Megasquirt review.

Post by Sean »

The Megasquirt PNP performed very well, the tuner, Jeff Evans was impressed by the performance and cost of the unit. I am very pleased that the long wait for a 1995 production unit was worth it. Gains over the Wolf re-flash were around 33% more HP and over 100% more torque. The idol, formerly a weakness, is now as consistent as stock, and there is no backfire when letting off of full throttle. The noticeable smell of eye watering / rich exhaust has gone away. This is at 17 PSI.

Special thanks to Jeff, the tuner, it was worth the 5 hour round trip,he took extra time to do the job right, charged a very fair rate, and he even had to deal with wasp nests that had angry occupants that were not happy during dyno runs.
Evans Tuning
http://www.evans-tuning.com
1.866.975.TUNE

The Clutchmaster Stage 3 started to slip at higher torque levels or it would have run higher. Replacing the stock cams and headwork will be next, after body and paint. Image

Marcus
Wearer of Missing G-Strings!

Re: Dyno and Megasquirt review.

Post by Marcus »

Awesome numbers! Got a link to your setup?
Sean
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Sean »

The build started in 2007 so I can not recall many details. I can say that the engine was rebuilt at about 134k miles, using high quality forged internals, 2 shops, taking over 2 years. Cam and heads are stock.

The turbo is a Garret 3076.
Grant
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Grant »

Good numbers, any idea of what cams you will run?
Sean
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Sean »

no, I will get professional advise based on the current turbo, I would not be surprised to see 272