Semi finals @ fall nationals * broke another axle!*

All about KA-T Drag Racing. Bragging, Timeslips, Results, Questions, Whatever
RosadoRacing
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Semi finals @ fall nationals * broke another axle!*

Post by RosadoRacing »

did it again represented as the only ka-t at the event in one of the faster classes bracket 1 10.99-7.99 I was only given one time run ran 10.69 @ 134. kept knocking out the competition until my semi final run broke the axle launching. I'm done for the year gonna do the backhalf ladder bar or 4 link. we need to get more kat at these big events I see all the Hondas. 2jz and rotaries getting love and fame but not Nissan.
jaysol92
240sx Wannabe

Re: Semi finals @ fall nationals * broke another axle!*

Post by jaysol92 »

I'm going to try and make it for opening day next season at e-town, i definately wanna see more ka-t cars at events or even nissans in general. Its not like nissans dont make power wtf lol. Over the winter im going to get my car tuned and drag ready. hoping to run low 11's with my setup when its all said and done. But seriously where the nissans at!
arob987
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by arob987 »

Nice times,sucks about the axle again,glad I went ahead and started gathering my q45 rear.a 9 inch setup would solve your problems,and may be able to dial it in even more on the launch with drag shocks for even better times.
New turbo setup build in progress-11mm headstuds/cometic head gasket/jwt cam gears added,prec. 6266,gato mani,prec.46mm wg,bigger fmic,mspnp2,z32 trans,spec twin,q45 rear,full energy bushings. Still need injectors,and a few other small things

Old setup-ka24de-wiseco 9:1 pistons,eagle rods,arp studs,jwt s1 cams,brian crower springs and retainers,jgs log mani,t3 57trim .63 a/r,tomei 740cc,38mm turbonetics evolution wastegate,synapse bov,ebay fmic,nistune,j30 lsd.5 speed swap,z32 brakes F&R.
s14fiend
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by s14fiend »

What rear end did you have?
RosadoRacing

Post by RosadoRacing »

z32 with j30 axle on the ds and z32 on the passenger and that's the one that broke. I already have a 12 bolt rear with 4.10 pro gears that'll go on next year. I seen a q45 broken axle so I rather not even push the limits. 28x10.5 tires should net me 1.2 60ft!!!!
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Damn, that sucks. Are you still running a Z32 trans?
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
RosadoRacing

Post by RosadoRacing »

yeah the trans is great
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

That's impressive. That says a lot about the Z32 trans that it's still holding up.

A nice stalled auto would be a heck of a lot easier on the drivetrain. Ever though about switching? I have a C4 trans adapter kit that I plan to use if I ever get serious about drag racing.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
RosadoRacing

Post by RosadoRacing »

do they still sell the c4 kits I thought they were discontinued. I thought about it def better for bracket racing
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

They were discontinued. I wish someone made adapters for Chevy autos.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I'll ever use the C4 trans kit. I've thought about selling it. I really could use the money right now. Plus, I've already got everything needed for a Z32 trans swap (Mazworx). The C4 kit was more of an impulse buy. It popped up on here for sale and they are so rare that I quickly jumped on it.
RosadoRacing

Post by RosadoRacing »

I sent you a pm
sr20drag
240sx Wannabe

Post by sr20drag »

RosadoRacing wrote:z32 with j30 axle on the ds and z32 on the passenger and that's the one that broke. I already have a 12 bolt rear with 4.10 pro gears that'll go on next year. I seen a q45 broken axle so I rather not even push the limits. 28x10.5 tires should net me 1.2 60ft!!!!

How are you breaking the same axles I have and I'm not. Must be my auto trans. I think 1.2 60' with your power and trans are lofty expectations.

What is the quickest and fastest pass ever on stock IRS rear? I know I'm close..... I have a 3.69 2000 model q45 diff with z32 5 bolt axles. I've made 15-20 trans brake launches at 10psi at the line which is about 600wtq at the line with no issues. I made this pass Saturday.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEqVaebD ... e=youtu.be
RosadoRacing

Post by RosadoRacing »

manual does launch harder than auto. my camber is negative the top of the wheel goes inward so it could be putting extra pressure on the axles who knows. nice pass! what trans and stall are you running?