9.81 @ 141

All about KA-T Drag Racing. Bragging, Timeslips, Results, Questions, Whatever
redlineracer21
240sx Wannabe

9.81 @ 141

Post by redlineracer21 »

Went to the track this past weekend for the first time in many years with this car. Could of been a little better since the car is dialed in for the street. I only got 3 passes to tune it before they kicked me out, but im just happy to finally hit a 9! This was at 33psi probably somewhere around 680hp. Launching at 5000rpm and 23psi. I need to figure out my high iat problem before i go back. Its killing me top end....

Anyways, here's a video my buddy got along with the time slip. Thanks for looking!

http://youtu.be/olmYj8RnhNA

hotbox240
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: 9.81 @ 141

Post by hotbox240 »

Woot! What do you think is causing the high intake temps? I hate the track everything heat soaks to crap when your lined up to stage.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

9's!! :icon-surprised: :bowdown:

What's your suspension setup? I searched all of your old posts but couldn't find anything.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
ALTKAT96

Post by ALTKAT96 »

Great runs man!! Congrats!!
ALTKAT96

Post by ALTKAT96 »

What tires did you run on those passes?
redlineracer21
240sx Wannabe

Post by redlineracer21 »

I'm not sure what is the cause yet. My intercooler is mounted high and probably blocked by the bumper to much. I don't think I'm out of the efficiency zone on the turbo but I don't know because bullseye power doesn't release turbo maps. I have to give them a call and see what they say.. I started the run at 100.8 F and ended at 148.3F. Might be normal but I feel that's a little excessive.

Suspension is all adjustable arms besides stock lower control arms, kyb shocks with eibach lower springs. Subframe has solid bushings and tilted down in the front by 1/4 inch to help with squat.

Tires are mt et drags the stiff sidewall version. 26X10-15s
Greaser
Master of Knowledge

Post by Greaser »

Looks like a bad bi*ch!!! put some stiffer springs in the back and get some 1.3's

148 isnt bad at the power level/boost level youre at. Our race car is low 140's with a 5" thick core @35psi at the end of a pull. We had another intercooler before this one and were at 170 up top.
redlineracer21
240sx Wannabe

Post by redlineracer21 »

Thanks you for the input Greaser. I don't have anyone around here to compare to, just Honda guys on lower power and around 10psi lower boost. They were only seeing a couple degrees increase that day so I figured there had to be something wrong with mine.

I might of actually been able to cut a 1.3. For some reason I decided to shift early lol. According to the logs I started shifting at 1.2 seconds but I'm not really confident in the time scale on the logs... I do need to change the rear suspension. You can see the rear suspension unloading after launch.. Eventually I want to get in contact with import drag solutions and try out there coilover setup. Looks like people are getting good results with them.
EmphasisElite
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by EmphasisElite »

Great numbers man and you talked about not many people coming close to your power levels except Honda guys... I'm down here in Tucson and making decent power on 91+ water meth if you wanted a comparison. Our builds are similar as well feel free to PM me... It's always good to talk Turkey with similar setups
Greaser
Master of Knowledge

Post by Greaser »

redlineracer21 wrote:Thanks you for the input Greaser. I don't have anyone around here to compare to, just Honda guys on lower power and around 10psi lower boost. They were only seeing a couple degrees increase that day so I figured there had to be something wrong with mine.

I might of actually been able to cut a 1.3. For some reason I decided to shift early lol. According to the logs I started shifting at 1.2 seconds but I'm not really confident in the time scale on the logs... I do need to change the rear suspension. You can see the rear suspension unloading after launch.. Eventually I want to get in contact with import drag solutions and try out there coilover setup. Looks like people are getting good results with them.

what electronics (ems/datalogger) are you running?

Our drag car uses tokico blues and 350z springs. But you being a clutch car you may have to have a more aggressive control over the shock.