Emance Tuning? Jason? ... ya, don't.

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
TramCommon
NooB

Emance Tuning? Jason? ... ya, don't.

Post by TramCommon »

Who wants another Jason/E-mance **** customer service story?

Unfortunately, I was stupid enough to buy an ECU off him about two years ago for my SOHC. I PayPal'd him the money and began the wait. I asked him for a tracking number right away after he claimed to have shipped it. He avoided the request. Two weeks passed and nothing. Again I asked for a tracking number... he avoided the request again. One month passed, nothing. Again, tracking number, nothing. Two months passed. I finally started to get pissed off. He then shoots me this beauty:

"Shoot I messed up and actidentally shipped your ecu to someone else I am going to get right on this and get another one tuned and shipped out
Sorry about that bud it was a honest mistake
Jason"

Ok, I guess accidents happen. So, I let it slide and begin waiting again. A couple weeks pass... still nothing. Again I pester him for a tracking number, which he finally does provide, but guess what? The tracking number doesn't work... surprise, surprise. Another month passes and nothing. I keep pressing him, but at this point it's been nearly three months and I've already put an SR20 into the car... accepting that my fully rebuilt KA-T will now have to be shelved because it has no tune. Roughly two weeks later the ECU finally arrives and I put it on a shelf with all my other KA-T parts to collect dust.

Fast forward to this month of 2013. I finally get around to installing the fully rebuit KA-T into a 240sx... everything's great... only, guess what? Jason's tune... yep, doesn't work for ****. Car can't even idle with it.

So, what to do. I e-mail him and explain the whole situation, I know it's been two years... but still, the whole reason it's taken two years to get it installed is because it took him over three months to get me the tune and I had to shelve it by then.

His response: "I'll re-tune it for you for $85."

It's not a re-tune... it never worked to begin with... you sold me damaged goods.

His response: "I'm being fair. You first inquire about a retune then a refund for a two year old product which I am trying to work with you. I got to get back to dyno tuning this 370z in shop.
Have a nice day."

Too bad... this could have been his chance to actually do something decent for one of his (foolish) customers.

Oh well, there you have it... yay... :(

Avoid this guy at all costs. I'm out more than just an ECU from purchasing one of his tunes... I'm essentially out an entire engine.
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: Emance Tuning? Jason? ... ya, don't.

Post by schmauster920 »

Good plan to avoid him.. the stories are numerous.. Thanks for adding it to the 'jason sucks' thread in my sig

I had an ecu i got 2nd hand that he 'tuned' (got it cheap because it never worked) i just use it for a tuned ecu
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

you're not out an engine... where do you live? PM me. I can help you find help.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
schmauster920
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by schmauster920 »

Yeah im in San Diego and have a chip burner if youre nearby.

8-bit im moving up to Mendocino in a month or two... you will have another ka-t in the northern cali area!
D21, Built KA24DE, 740cc, T4, WeatherGuard Tool Box, Tial 40mm, Megasquirt 3 in progress
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Nice! I'm up here in SF!
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
neverlift
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by neverlift »

probably not up to 8bit par with tuning but I have a burner and am willing to tune. NE florida
shattabigz
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by shattabigz »

wow am having the same issue with jason the first tune he did three year ago was fine so i rebuild my ka and asked him to do a retune i paid him and its been over 5 weeks now and nothing whenever he replys its always a sad story . am trying to get my refund back but i cant get in contact with him. smh
Abazabas12
NooB

Post by Abazabas12 »

yes I'm dealing with the same situation. I paidover 2 months ago for daughter board and tune2 weeks ago he said he was going to send me tracking number two more weeks still haven't heard anything so frustrating
Go big or go home
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

Was just contacted by him via FB and his story was "Hey Sorry for my late reply I was in the hospital recovering from some things." Hrmmmm
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

How do you recover from being a crook? :D

By the way, he was never banned from posting here, so he's welcome to come in and defend himself. Although, the few times that he tried, he had his a55 handed to him by a long list of unhappy customers. His biggest fan has always been user "crazys14", which it turns out, is a second account created by Jason himself.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
Cute240sxGuy
240sx Wannabe

Post by Cute240sxGuy »

adamky wrote:How do you recover from being a crook? :D

By the way, he was never banned from posting here, so he's welcome to come in and defend himself. Although, the few times that he tried, he had his a55 handed to him by a long list of unhappy customers. His biggest fan has always been user "crazys14", which it turns out, is a second account created by Jason himself.
LMAO!! Oh wow hahaha. The dude has issues.