Enthalpy timing

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
Draginzuzu
240sx Wannabe

Enthalpy timing

Post by Draginzuzu »

Was wondering where you guys see your total timing at under WOT? I have my base timing set at 20, but at WOT timing is at 14 to 16 degrees. Post up
ballinnmiami240sx
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ballinnmiami240sx »

How do you check your timing at WOT? :? I also run enthalpy ecu and I was told by scott that he pulls timing according to how much boost you are running. I shoul be some where in the 17*-15* range at 7spi. Right now I'm running alittle rich on top RPM's with his tune. I took it to the Dyno and it ran 10.3 a/r, but I also have an exhaust leak at the manifold gasket which might fix this problem.

-Danny-
ballinnmiami@yahoo.com
13.9 @ 7 psi 2.3 60ft.
ImageImageImage
EviltoM
Forum Moderator

Post by EviltoM »

ballinnmiami240sx wrote:How do you check your timing at WOT? :? I also run enthalpy ecu and I was told by scott that he pulls timing according to how much boost you are running. I shoul be some where in the 17*-15* range at 7spi. Right now I'm running alittle rich on top RPM's with his tune. I took it to the Dyno and it ran 10.3 a/r, but I also have an exhaust leak at the manifold gasket which might fix this problem.

-Danny-
Its not good to run that rich because theres a chance you can wash out your cylinder walls. The gas literally washes the oil off the cylinder walls that are lubed up by oil. I had the same problem and it scared the **** out of me till I leaned it out some. My oil would reak of gas. So I was constantly changing it.
seanc
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by seanc »

17-15* for 7psi? thats 1.4 degrees per pound of boost. that is a little excesive for pump gas with our compression ratio. i run 18-19* with 9 psi.
Draginzuzu
240sx Wannabe

Post by Draginzuzu »

ballinnmiami240sx wrote:How do you check your timing at WOT? :? I also run enthalpy ecu and I was told by scott that he pulls timing according to how much boost you are running. I shoul be some where in the 17*-15* range at 7spi. Right now I'm running alittle rich on top RPM's with his tune. I took it to the Dyno and it ran 10.3 a/r, but I also have an exhaust leak at the manifold gasket which might fix this problem.

-Danny-

Im using a data scan on the ecu. Where does the ecu get info on how much boost or is it just using maf flow?
seanc
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by seanc »

to calulate the theoretical pulsewidth the ecu uses the maf, tps, map and a few other sensors the exact equation is not public information. :roll: stupid people and their being quite with good information that can help the community.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

seanc wrote:to calulate the theoretical pulsewidth the ecu uses the maf, tps, map and a few other sensors the exact equation is not public information. :roll: stupid people and their being quite with good information that can help the community.
find someone good at cryptography. Provide them at least 2 sets of input-data and the output pulsewidth. From that they should be able to determine an algorithm.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
redss
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by redss »

seanc wrote:to calulate the theoretical pulsewidth the ecu uses the maf, tps, map and a few other sensors the exact equation is not public information. :roll: stupid people and their being quite with good information that can help the community.
The ECU does not know the difference. Depending on the MAF sensor you use and how much resolution it has, the timing map can be set up to have more level of boost. The bigger the MAF meter and higher the resolution, the more boost level it can be allocated in the map for fuel and timing. At 16*, that's good for like almost 18 to 20# of boost. Unless you are running that much boost, your car will be feeling rather slow.
Draginzuzu
240sx Wannabe

Post by Draginzuzu »

Is there any formula to setting total timing to psi run? Can I advance my timing more at base to compensate at wot. 12psi on jwt ecu is what 17* and thats on there conservative tunes. If im at 12psi should I be in the low 20's.
NateDogg
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by NateDogg »

Typically, start retarding timing .75*-1*/lb boost after 3psi for 91 octane.

I run 22* timing at 7.5psi and 94 octane.

At 9.5psi I am at 20*. With a good intercooler, Don Nimi ran 21* at 12.5AFR on stock pistons.

I found my enthalpy board to give 12-14* at 7.5psi and I got pissed off so I chipped another ecu and now I can adjust everything myself. Not to mention the AFR was in the mid 10's.

In my opinion, if you want it done right, do it yourself!
EviltoM
Forum Moderator

Post by EviltoM »

^no better way. so far the only thing anyones done on my car is alaignment, some body work, and e-test.
sil8ty
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by sil8ty »

ALL of the information for ecu retuning is out there. It just takes a while to comprehend everything and how it works.

I do ROM tunes myself and it takes a lot of time and effort to get it right.

With my sr20 I run 13º @21psi on my gt2871r. You have to realize that 12psi on an XX turbo is not the same airflow as 12psi on XXX turbo. The maf relizes this and correspondingly goes to the correct cell to adjust the fuel and timing.
-george
champa
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by champa »

the only way to accurately adjust timing is on the dyno. mess around and you might end up with a blown motor