OBD1 KA24DET TUNES HOSTED AND POSTED!

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
NateDogg
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by NateDogg »

Sent a new tune to your email for 850cc/Z32.
'91 S13
Built, balanced KA-T
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Just to update you guys...i used the tune for 34000K value and it idles 13.8-14.3...the dumping fuel issue was the MAF extra ground wire...i used the JWT writeup on how to wire the MAF...then i found the z32 wiring diagram on the site and my headache was gone...
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
NateDogg

Post by NateDogg »

^that is my old tune...it is for 94 octane so I hope you are at least on 93!
'91 S13
Built, balanced KA-T
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Yea i use 93...i need to tweak it on the top end but it idles great and drives under 5k without any issues...i just need to wire up my consult and get NDS working so i can maptrace...thanks for the tune lol...
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
NateDogg

Post by NateDogg »

What is it doing in the top end? lean or rich?
'91 S13
Built, balanced KA-T
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

it is running rich...i also need to make a boost tester to check the BOV...the timing should be fine for the boost i am seeing...once i get the air fuels i want, i will adjust the spark and see how the knock lite reacts...but all in all good work on the tune...also did you run the tune with 02 feedback on or off...
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
NateDogg

Post by NateDogg »

If you mean closed loop O2 sensor then yes I did for that portion of the map. First two or three load columns...
'91 S13
Built, balanced KA-T
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

sorry for the downtime guys. had to swap my hosting over and it took a bit. i still don't have most the things i care to host in order, but I put the tunes folder as a priority, so they should be working.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

got a new tune up from natedogg and waiting on a few details from an altima ka-t tuner who is submitting! wooot!

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
xplhavoc2009
NooB

Post by xplhavoc2009 »

95-100 octane
5-10-15 PSI
Flashed ECU
Apexi Neo
T3/4 50 Turbo with Garret internals
370cc injectors
BC Cams Stage 2???
CP Pistons
Cleveat bearings
APR Rods Head
Cometic Gasket
External Waste Gate
Blow Off
AEM Wideband
3" Downpipe Back Exhaust

With all settings on Neo 0 and off car idles high cant bring it down without going lean at idle. If i set it at 14.7 at idle RPMS are like 1500 and above.

Hot Wire?
Throttle
Neo1
Neo2
Throttle low
Throttle high
Pipe pressure

ETC

Just a base to start with please. Since i have the ECU flashed to be super rich but i lost me settings.... Cant even get it to idle 14.7. Ill check throttle on engine.
THanks!
PS
Car made 300 WHP 320TRQ at 17PSI.. 91 Octane injectors maxed.... Safe!
emo_tactical9
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by emo_tactical9 »

Are you looking for a SAFC tune?
You're in the wrong place. This is to submit tunes to 8 bit's database and discuss them.
No hard feelings. Start a new thread.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
xplhavoc2009
NooB

Post by xplhavoc2009 »

AH sorry im retarded..lol
I got a guy going to Dyno my car next weekend.. thx ...
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

da bump

PuNcHdRuNk
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by PuNcHdRuNk »

does anyone have a z32 1000cc tune i can play with?
\
NateDogg

Post by NateDogg »

Closest thing would be mine with 850s. Just take the k value down about 10% and start reducing it from there.
'91 S13
Built, balanced KA-T
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

NateDogg wrote:Closest thing would be mine with 850s. Just take the k value down about 10% and start reducing it from there.
I was considering suggesting that.

Don't forget that the TP scale needs adjustment as well; alternatively you can adjust all the values in the actual timing/fuel maps' cells.

Also TTPMin, and Fast-Movement Enrich need adjusting.

PuNcHdRuNk
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by PuNcHdRuNk »

sooooo,thanks for the help 8-bit and nate dogg, basically i was having a problem with my emance tune, under wot the afr's were 12-13 but at idle i have a solid 10.0. i checked maf wiring looked for boost leaks and everything else that may be obvious, after that i contacted jason at emance to try to get it resolved, he said "sure no problem just send me ANOTHER 25$ and i will send you an email revision directly"(there will be more on this subject i plan on doing a full write up of my exprience with emance pictures included) well after waiting for a day with no email and feeling like i was getting the run around again i pulled his daughter board and pulled the tune off of the chip using my moates burner,then i proceeded to adjust latency and k value until the idle came down
(a little info i picked up here).......i will just say this, i am extemely new to turner pro and very new to tuning. basically im about as noob as you can be to the tuning world of nissans (in the honda world you can throw a rock and find a respectable tuner) and i have 7k worth of parts and pieces under my hood, if someone would be willing to guide me through tuner pro and be my "technical support" when i need it i would be glad to pay with real money as well as never ending gratitude......
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

any guru's with a new new s14 xdf?
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

what does the new s14 xdf improve on?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

theres some parameters that i think are incorrect/mislabled on the current one.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

Hey Daigle, I think you're the pioneer in the S14 stuff. You might be by yourself on this one! lol
If I knew what I was doing with the actual hex/address's, I would try and lend a hand. But I rely on the the XDF's for tuning since I can't read that other garble of numbers.
Bumpin' it for my man.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

same boat bro, that ish is german to me!

Not a tune but i think this is worth putting in the original post 8-bit. This is for fan control through the factory A/C fan plug/harness.
erich wrote:Here is a link to the last version of the app that I built.
www3.telus.net/kreen/fantemp.exe
Let me know if it works for you.
works mint!
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

This does take a modified xdf to work right? Do you know which of the 4 triggers is the one that turns the fans on at the set temp.

I'm probably a two hours away from completing new head gasket, 125A alternator, running a few grounds, hardwire fuel pump, ingintion and altima fans. It's been so long since I looked at any fan articals, that was one of the last things I needed to check in the tune before firing here up.

Nothing like changing a whole bunch of crap up at once then hoping you did it all right.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Its as simple as, open this lil program, open ur bin, change values, save bin then re open bin in tuner pro, done.

almost positive the set points are actually 1st-4th gear. after a lot of playing around i set them all to the desired temp. i still need to run a relay for the second fan but right now 1 fan, i think its on low, keeps my temps just fine. its also just warming up weather wise so i gotta get on that.
Drop_Top_240
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

tune?

Post by Drop_Top_240 »

does anyone have a tune for z32 maf with 440cc? built motor with calum rt open dump bov and gt28rs? if not if there are any close tunes i can modify that would be great, im running blow thru btw ,

thanks
drop_top_240

good bye drop top

93 coupe de 40 with dohc-t Arias pistons AMS sportsman rods built with 440's z32 maf real rs bov ebay mani, screamer elbow, custom high mount intercooler and exhaust from Purcell Forced Induction s14 t-28bb and socketed ecu tuned by me
8-bit
SuperMod

Re: tune?

Post by 8-bit »

Drop_Top_240 wrote:does anyone have a tune for z32 maf with 440cc? built motor with calum rt open dump bov and gt28rs? if not if there are any close tunes i can modify that would be great, im running blow thru btw ,

thanks
Take a Z32 550cc tune and modify it. If i recall, going from the higher to lower size injector would initially put you places on the map that are MORE RISKY. I recall this because I went from a 550cc tune to my 670cc tune and it was LESS RISKY, or safer than the original tune...

So be careful.

The ratio of 550/440 = 1.25.

To get started

Take the K and multiply it by 1.25. Take the TTPmins and multiply by 1.25.

---------------------

From there, be very careful. Chances are what yo'ull see on a maptrace is that you'll be ending up somewhere on the map that is in a 'more advanced timing than desired' part. Its been a while, so it could be the opposite but I'm kinda sure about this.

So what you'll want to do is try to get an idea of what your vac/boost gauge is telling you and then the places you're showing up on a maptrace... Note the TP value you reach when you hit 0vac 0 boost. That same value, but doubled, should approximtely correlate to another bar (14.7psi) of boost. So if at 0vac 0boost you get a tp of 50, then at 100 would be about for 1 bar of boost and thus you would want something like 12 degrees timing there. Maybe more...

One thing you might want to consider is to view the trend... and then instead of modifying all of the cells values... modify the TP scales for fuel/timing. See how that plays out for getting you in the places you desire (translating the tune). I want to assume multiplying the TP scales by 1.25 might work but thats a pretty ignorant assumption i'm pulling out of my butt right now.

In any case you'll need to tune it for sure. Be very aware and take baby steps. Do everything in cruise at first, in vaccum. Get the K and Injector latency tuned as per many previous posts on this forum. PM me if you don't know.. its simple. Get those dialed in and then start seeing how things are working out.

I hope this helps.

Rockon,

NOTE: For some reason my brain/logic is telling me i have my idea backwards. Not
on the multiplication factors to get you in the ballpark, but mostly on whether it will be safer or not... Big injector tunes (with same mafs) have a lower K and subsequently have lower TP values for a given level of load.a Increasing K should increase the TP produced, and put you further down the map, which in theory should be safer.... anyone with a tunable ecu want to chime in? its been over 2 years for me.

Drop_Top_240
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Drop_Top_240 »

Wow thanks 8bit I will be in contact with you I just downlaoded tunerpro and sorry but I was just trying to get a head start I didn't know how long a response would be I'm still putting my motor together but I will be puting this all together verry soon but. I apricialte the fast response and hopefully I can work with someone on a rough tune and get the jist of it I got a good deal on dyno time with a buddys shop so I have lots of time for adjustment and fine tuning from there thanks again 8 bit
drop_top_240

good bye drop top

93 coupe de 40 with dohc-t Arias pistons AMS sportsman rods built with 440's z32 maf real rs bov ebay mani, screamer elbow, custom high mount intercooler and exhaust from Purcell Forced Induction s14 t-28bb and socketed ecu tuned by me
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

oh nifty! 0psi tpx2 = ~ 1 bar. pretty cool and isnt to far off what i ended with. another good one that PPCTX and i have noticed is ~2.5TP=1PSI

PS last addition to the tunes was nov 6th 09!!!!!!!! c'mon ppl, share!!! ill be adding mine after one more street tune to 16psi, prolly add some overboost protection then street tune done. dyno tune to follow.
steveoh
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by steveoh »

I have one next month for gt3076r/550cc/n60
2010: JGS manifold, Garrett GT3076R .83, 550cc, midmount intercooler, N60 blow through, Nistune
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

My endeavors to procure a realtime ECU have not gone quite as planned.... For some reason, there is always someone who beats me to a sale. Probably because I'm not in school, forum hopping to catch deals all day. I have a real job, and get home at 6pm on a good day.... Damn people who can't understand that. So I've not been able to get anything done.

/rant

I'll be adding up a few tunes here shortly. I've just been trying to iron them out since the little bit of altitude change from NH to FL made a little difference, along with the weather.
Plus, I'm going with some 1600cc injectors, and gonna be doing an E85 tune as well.
Pending the dyno tuner agree's with me sharing the E85 tune...
And I'm still ROM tuning/burning. Takes a LONG time to get ish' right.
Regardless, anything I do on my own, 8-bit receives a copy of.