bikirom - new?

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
AK-Z
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

bikirom - new?

Post by AK-Z »

has anyone seen the (I assume) new bikirom board? It says that is realtime and has a slot for miniSD.

http://bikirom.com/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=83
8-bit
SuperMod

Re: bikirom - new?

Post by 8-bit »

AK-Z wrote:has anyone seen the (I assume) new bikirom board? It says that is realtime and has a slot for miniSD.

I personally wouldn't trust a product from bikirom because of the way he does business. The last run of boards that were sold and told to be 'supported', were constantly ignored and put aside... this is after a load of customers had paid for his product he said he would fix. Then, come to find out, he was putting all his time into working on these NEW boards while he was neglecting the peopel whose money he already had.

I don't like shady business practice.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
Sleepy_Steve
240sx Wannabe

Post by Sleepy_Steve »

AK-Z wrote:has anyone seen the (I assume) new bikirom board? It says that is realtime and has a slot for miniSD.

I have a new one, it does work, real time features have been tested successfully on my car before I ran into unrelated hardware issues. Oh also the map-trace works.

It has a standard SD slot, not mini or micro SD... and that will sit on the daughter board inside the ecu's little box. The important thing to note however is that to my understanding the bikirom will WRITE to the flash card for data logging, but the last time I checked you can't read the data log via the bikirom's USB connection. So you'll have to pull it manually to take a look at things, and I've not been able to test that out to see if it actually writes yet.

Hopefully once my car is running, I'll be able to play around with the new features he claimed to be putting into the new boards.
'95 240sx
zenkiBruce
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by zenkiBruce »

8-bit wrote:

I personally wouldn't trust a product from bikirom because of the way he does business. The last run of boards that were sold and told to be 'supported', were constantly ignored and put aside... this is after a load of customers had paid for his product he said he would fix. Then, come to find out, he was putting all his time into working on these NEW boards while he was neglecting the peopel whose money he already had.

I don't like shady business practice.
+1.. I don't take chances. Enough bad reviews and I take my money elsewhere. Tuning isn't a game. If im giving you my money, sh*t better be supported lol. :P
-----------
_93 240sx Coupe
_05 BMW X5 3.0i

~USN, EM Nuke~
Sleepy_Steve
240sx Wannabe

Post by Sleepy_Steve »

OK, so not to be critical here... But I have issue with where this thread is going.

If you are not going to answer the guys question, don't... But don't come straight up bashing the product. For some people its the right choice. The product does work, as does the software and ordering process.

And yet time and time again, this forum stifles any discussion about Bikirom. The people on here who run it can't ask questions here because any mention of it will be shot down. And I think that's a real shame given how much great info is on this site regarding pretty much everything else.
'95 240sx
jmhalder
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by jmhalder »

I was one of the first two or three people in the US to have a "Bikirom" which failed after 2 years, and isnt supported even if it did work... he's trying to keep the interface so you can ONLY use his software... which wont let you export as a .bin... software has always fixed things, and introduced more bugs... i've been around these parts longer than you, and i remember NOT being able to drive my car for a whole summer cause i couldnt tune without maptrace which was only supported MONTHS after he said it would be a week or two... this guy has SWEET design innovations, but implements them poorly to the end user. So many people are telling you whats important even if it isnt the answer to the question asked.
this was my problem, and i was neglected, no advice even from lucas (BadBiki)
http://forum.bikirom.com/viewtopic.php? ... &sk=t&sd=a
13.36 @ 105.97, as of 10-27-07
-------------------------------
Holset HY-35, STI inj.'s bored to 650's, NVSRAM and Nemesys, N60, Walbro 255, 3" exhaust with FREE flowing mufflers and no cats, Zeitronix ZT-2, crappiest (Closest to stock) ACT clutch, Fidanza, Nismo mounts, JGS mani, JGS oil lines, ebay FMIC, ebay adapter with 3" K&N, and im the FIRST S14 KA to run a. U12 ecu

2 KA's down, 1+ to go.
KA24DE + 12psi = Turn ya out
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Sleepy_Steve wrote:OK, so not to be critical here... But I have issue with where this thread is going.

If you are not going to answer the guys question, don't... But don't come straight up bashing the product. For some people its the right choice. The product does work, as does the software and ordering process.

And yet time and time again, this forum stifles any discussion about Bikirom. The people on here who run it can't ask questions here because any mention of it will be shot down. And I think that's a real shame given how much great info is on this site regarding pretty much everything else.
fyi, I owned a bikirom. what I said is true. This community of ka-t members helps each other, and in this case i'm trying to help people avoid problems by relaying what I know.

this thread is going exactly where a community discussion would go when members of the community are not happy about something from experience. to pretend it isn't real is dishonest and to neglect to help my community is simply wrong.

No, i'm not gonna pretend what I know isn't real. It is dishonest to publicly offer support and make promises to customers that already paid ---- and then neglect them while putting effort into a newer competitive product for new customers.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
EstoMax
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by EstoMax »

I know theres a lot of negativity towards bikirom... and maybe i'm too patient, but...

I have been using it for 2 years (i have the v2 hardware), and it has worked really well for me** (when it worked...). There are a ton of compatibility issues of course and the such, so it certainly is not a smooth and fun experience, but for the money there is nothing out there that has as many features.. i can log my boost and a/f and have launch control/flat shifting. pretty neat.. when it works of course: )

Marko
95 s14 kaT
t3/t04e (60 trim), bikirom, groundzero mani/dp, 82 lb AMS FS
94 d21 kaE 4x4 stock
Drift Machine
240sx Wannabe

Post by Drift Machine »

Though I've read a ton of bad reviews, I've been running mine for 2 years with no major problems so far. Yes it did take me a while to get it setup, but a lot of that was due to it being a learning experience on my part. But once I got it running, I couldn't have been happier.

However with that said, it is something that I plan on replacing when I hopefully overhaul my turbo setup and due some restoration on my S13 this summer.
Finally going to re-do this project!
S13 KA24DE-T: BikiRom, 370cc injectors, T3/TO4E, 6 PSI, 220 whp, 220 tq

2008 Audi A3
2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO
1989 Kawasaki 650SX: a mess of mods, needs paint

RIP
2004 WRX Wagon: my daily baby
1996 Kawasaki ZX-6R: rat bike, -1 +4 sprockets
1996 Sea-Doo GTX: stock, 50 mph, needs nothing... except a new motor.. KABOOM!
R33E8
240sx Wannabe

Post by R33E8 »

Is there any info available on how to use the software online? I have it too and I am COMPLETELY lost.. I saw that there was some large PDF someone wrote up about using it but the download link is dead.. Does anyone happen to have a copy?