MEGASQUIRT base maps?

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
dakar318
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

MEGASQUIRT base maps?

Post by dakar318 »

im a long time lurker, new time poster. well i finally got my ka-t running with MS1 V2.2. now i just need to find some basemaps to help my car run better (mainly idle) and have a starting point to build a custom map.

i have spent hours searching this forum, and google. someone on here just might know where to find one!

i have a 95obdII s14
370cc
no MAF

and the rest shouldn't matter lol.
zenkiBruce
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by zenkiBruce »

You're probably not gonna find a base map. I'm using MS myself and i had nothing to really go off of. Once you can get the motor to idle though, it's a little easier from there on. But best thing to do is start with a nice rich map and lean it out.

No offense, but if you cant do that then you probably shouldn't be messing with MS in the first place. It took me months of reading to even remotely know what i was doing, and i'm still no tuning expert.

I cant really help you much, im still using a MAF and im still using 270cc injectors
-----------
_93 240sx Coupe
_05 BMW X5 3.0i

~USN, EM Nuke~
200sxBoY
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 200sxBoY »

the maps that ms generate are a good start
if you have a wideband (in fact you need one) after that you can easely tune your fuel
after that go on the dyno to get the timing set (if you tune it yourself a dyno is like 100-150$/hour)