Cold START IDLE ISSUES WITH A JIM WOLF TUNE

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
koukidriver
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Cold START IDLE ISSUES WITH A JIM WOLF TUNE

Post by koukidriver »

I need help I can't locate my consult port on my 95 KA also my cigarette lighter fuse burned out because of my GPS and I can't locate the fuse either. I want to be able to scan the Jim Wolf ECU using a Solus.BTW I don't have my crank agle sensor hooked up and I been having cold idle issues.Basically if I let off the gas quickly it turn off. Also my tune is set-up for 740cc for 91 octane also I'm running a GT3071r GARRET just to give you guys an idea of what could be going on.
stinky_180
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by stinky_180 »

Did you do a manual swap? Are you still running an automatic ecu? I read on ka24development.com that you'll experience cold start issues when using an AT ecu with a MT.

Are you looking for the DDL/Consult plug or the OBD-II scanner plug? The DDL/Consult plug is on the driver side right next to the fuse panel. The OBD-II scanner plug can be in two places; right underneath the steering column or near the radio (I think).
'90 Nissan 240sx SE Fastback
klattr1
Forum Moderator

Post by klattr1 »

Is the ECU throwing any codes? (you can read the bulb sequence directly at the ECU)

So are you saying it runs good once the engine warms up? do you have a wideband on the car? if so, what afr's is it idling at after you fire it up? this will help us diagnose if it's just running too rich at idle for some reason or if something else is going on (like if the IACV isn't bumping up the idle high enough for cold starts or if TPS isn't set correctly or if your CTS is bad)

Confirm if your coolant temp sensor is working correctly (either by checking it directly with a multimeter or viewing the data via your Consult application or scanner).

Also, make sure your 02 sensor is working (it should be cycling voltage once warmed up based on throttle changes and shouldn't be sitting statically or fixed)

Don't worry about the crank angle sensor - that's used for diagnostic purposes only and doesn't change engine function (says so in the FSM)
koukidriver
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by koukidriver »

Yes I am running a automatic ECU with a auto trans (fully built by IPT). Also I'm running the primary O2 sensor not the secondary because of a thread pitch issues. I will be installing a AEM wideband in the future and no I am not running a AFC but I might because maybe the map isn't tune correctly for cold start idling.Blocking of the EGR might have something to do with my problem as well.