Question about hosted tunes

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
Qemyst
Dreams of owning a 240!

Question about hosted tunes

Post by Qemyst »

So, I did a bunch of work on my car over the winter. New injectors, new intake manifold, upgraded to EBC from MBC. Now that the weather is nice i'm trying to get my car to idle again as a first step before driving it.

I loaded one of the hosted tunes, specifically Natedawg's "94oct46vac" bin.

When it loads, the car it selects by default is "PS13/RPS13/RNN14 (SR20DET)". Which is the Pulsar GTIR I guess?

When I try to connect the laptop to the car it says that the car selected doesn't match or something along those lines...which makes sense, because it's a KA24DE, not an SR20DET. Now, I have the feeling I'm just doing something wrong, but I have to ask. Why does the hosted tune automatically choose the SR20DET setup? It seems like they all do that. If I tell it to select the proper setup (KA24DE) it wipes out all the info from the tune.

I noticed the hosted tune that automatically selects SR20DET also has a few extra settings that the KA24DE doesn't have, such as Enrich Idle (cold crank), Enrich Idle (warm crank), Enrich Throttle (cold crank), Enrich Throttle (warm crank)...probably some others too.
Gotenks64
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: Question about hosted tunes

Post by Gotenks64 »

I had that problem too, I went ahead and used one of the tunes for 750cc injectors I believe and it's address file was for a KA.
Built Head w/ BC stage two 264/264 Cams
Cosmetic Head Gasket
.020 Over Bore with Wiseco 9:1
Eagle Rods
Fully balanced rotating assembly
Stock flywheel
Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
ARP'ed Everything
Clevite Bearings
SARD 850cc Injectors
Qemyst
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Qemyst »

Hmmm.. I wanna say I tried that 750cc Z32 bin also, and the address file it automatically tried to load was SR20DET.

I will re-try it tomorrow since I have the day off.
Qemyst
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Qemyst »

Had some time and just tested this.

I load the 750cc Z32 bin that ghostchild has hosted on the hosted tunes post and it comes up saying

"ECU Image/Address file mismatch

Current address file: S13 240SX KA24DE

File from ECU: RNN14 Pulsar GTIR SR20DET (54C00)
Found address file: RNN14_SR20DET_256_E.adr

Auto load this file?"

At this point if I hit yes, it maintains all the settings for the tune with the SR20 address file. Of course, this won't allow it to connect to my car because it has the KA in it. So, if I hit no, it wipes out all the info for the tune.

Nobody can give me an answer as to why this is happening? I find it hard to believe that the hosted tunes would all want to choose teh SR20DET address file by default. What am I doing wrong?
dosstat
NooB

Post by dosstat »

I'm actually having the same exact problem and I can't make heads or tails of it. Has to be something fairly simple that I'm overlooking.

I can open the Launch Control 740cc tune and it seems to be the only one that maintains the KA adr file.

So, bump for this issue.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

This sounds like a new issue. I've never had this problem. You could try a workaround. An example of how I might try to work around would involve tunerpro, using the appropriate 'preset tune' from nistune, but in tunerpro --- then copy over all of the data you want from the hosted tune. Then save it and load it into nistune. see what happens. Otherwise I would try to force nistune to use it.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
Qemyst
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Qemyst »

I will have to look into tunerpro.

I've tried forcing nistune to use the bin file from the hosted tunes forum, but it simply will not do it.

Still having this issue. I have 3 days off in a row coming up though and I will try to see if I can use tunerpro.

EDIT 1: Just installed Nistune on my desktop and tried loading the 750cc Z32 bin (freshly downloaded on my desktop from the forums, not just copied over from my laptop) and I get the same exact thing.

EDIT 2: I tried loading the hosted bin and just hitting NO when it asks me to change address files, and also hitting NO when it asks me if I want to load settings from one of the stock maps. Loaded the hosted bin in tuner pro and had the bin loaded in nistune on my 2nd monitor. Went thru comparing the settings. They match up, so the "NO NO" method seems to work I guess? Lol.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Maybe Nistune software is bugged with a recent change? I don't use Nistune much. maybe once a year lately. Please contact them and see if they can understand the issue and adjust the software.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

it seems matts not as devoted to the 240 crowd now that development is complete. my buddy altima det just bought the software for his stanza ecu (which matt knew), never got it working and matt wasnt really a help. nistune is super buggy for me, i never had a problem on older versions. matt was willing to take a look at some error logs but basically he doesn't have calum ecus to bench test when updating his software. I have to use TP to download and upload bins and just map trace and do real time changes in nistune, which often disconnects on street tuning.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
dosstat
NooB

Post by dosstat »

I know this is really old but I figured I would post my solution. I used emutility to write a stock ka24de mt bin and then opened Nistune and it no longer adjusts to rnn14 but stays on s13 ka24de. Calumsult ecu btw.