stock bin ka24de TP at wot question.

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
maik21
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

stock bin ka24de TP at wot question.

Post by maik21 »

hello.

i hope you can help me a little.

a friend has s14 with t3&t4 turbo. it runs stock ecm with a low timing. distributor is at the begining. it has a voltage fuel pump booster and 100% methanol injection. car runs poorly and miles per galon are very low.

i have a spare obd2 to obd1 and chipped ecm.

question is, what is value of TP at WOT ? and how much timing is safe to remove from vaccum to 104 TP .we are at 0 feets above sea level.

those are maps i have for s13 ka24de. i have a little experience tuning spark at boost using megasquirt but i dont have nissan realtime ecm.

i want to run stock timing from idle to 0 vacuum (unknown TP.) and retard ignition timing from vacuum to 104 TP for safe operation.

fyi, this engine runs stock injector. i know its not good and my friend know that but he dont want to waste more money.

thankyou very much for your help.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: stock bin ka24de TP at wot question.

Post by sdaigle240 »

peggs the 104 column at WOT, although i think the actual TP is like 108. im sure it trickels back after peak power though.

the loose rule of thumb is .75 to 1 degree of timing per PSI. safe is a relative term though, pulling extra timing to be safe generates elevated EGTs. not pulling enough cracks stock ringlands.

his MAF is stock too, right? and of course theres an FMU on this thing? as im sure you know any change to the injectors or MAF would cause for the whole map to have to be rescaled. unfortunately with you not having realtime you wont be able to find out what TP 0psi is. i can almost positively tell you no one on here knows that info as having consult, turbo, stock injectors and MAF has got to be rare.... for the obvious reasons.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
maik21

Post by maik21 »

car is automatic. no std and i have an at bin for testing. i use a obd2 cellphone scanner and did some runs with stock ecm and maf hits voltaje limit near 6 to 7 psi of boost.

thats why i ask for TP at wot. With that info and whats is max value of TP, i can retard timing.

car is all stock except for turbo . oem s14 maf. no FMU atached. person how put this turbo, didnt put good things in setup. no adjustable fuel pressure regulator .
maik21

Post by maik21 »

i have a consult but i find some calum tp bins but they are for manual transmision i think. so no calum tp for at transmision.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

ive been wrong b4, but i can almost guarentee that the actual TP for a na car will not match that of a turbo car despite the same maf and injectors. i can go up a hill and my TP changes... its all load based, so... i bet that cars generating more load. its still slammed into the 104 column but i bet the actual TP number is higher.

no FMU? so hes running 7 psi at high 12s AFR!??! or youve already tweaked the fueling?

i realize your just working with what ya got

i suppose if you put like 18-20 degrees in the last column then gradually smoothed that to the estimated 0 Psi TP it would atleast be better than it is now....? if the TP scaling is linear you can essentially delete every other column then compress them together to create the NA part of the map. this leaves you 8 coulmns to build the turbo region. just make the 104 column your new 0 psi TP column.

an interesting idea for confirming the TP....

you know how you can peddal the trottle and run 0 psi all the way up to redline? well if you went into the fuel map and took a guess at what 0 psi is and added a point of fuel you would have an easy confirmation of what the actual TP is with a lil trial and error. eventually youll find the column and when you do your 0 psi pull it will be that point richer. with that info youd have a pretty good base for building your map.

maybe im crazy.

i also didnt know AT ECU's wont stream TP through Calumsult. thats sucky.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
maik21

Post by maik21 »

i have to much work to do with this car lol.

thankyou very much for your help.