DIYPNP MS2/E 3.1.0 with 3.57 96 KA will not start on a 95?

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
MostHated
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

DIYPNP MS2/E 3.1.0 with 3.57 96 KA will not start on a 95?

Post by MostHated »

Hello,
I have a DIYPNP MS2/Extra (Megasquirt) 3.1.0 with 3.57 from a 96 KA (240sx) I bought from a member. I messaged Phil from DIYautotune and he said it should work on a 95. I am able to power the unit with the wall plug, I loaded the base tune on to it that they had for download. Installed the distributor trigger wheel (also tried it without, as he said it will still work, just not as well as theirs should) but when it is plugged in to the harness I can not even connect to it with the laptop, and it will not fire up. I put stock dizzy wheel back in and old ecu, fired up just fine. Tried it again with stock dizzy wheel with the DIY but still nothing.

What are some things I can check, or is there anything special I have to do to get hte 96 ECU to work on the 95? I have not been able to find any real info, and what I do find says it should be ok. Why would it not even connect via laptop with key on? I tried to ground the case with an extra wire to the ECU eye hook just in case that was it, but no change.

If anyone has any info, or anything I can check or try, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
MostHated

Re: DIYPNP MS2/E 3.1.0 with 3.57 96 KA will not start on a 9

Post by MostHated »

Just brought it back up and plugged it in to the same laptop, and it was able to connect again, it just will not connect when in the car. Is there any difference in the power or grounds or anything on a 95 and 96 240sx?
Matt Cramer
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by Matt Cramer »

Hold on... is this a DIYPNP or a V3.57? The V3.57 is a regular MS2.
Matt at DIYAutoTune.com - Megasquirt ECUs, fuel injectors, wideband O2 sensor systems, and more
Nissan plug and play engine management now in stock!
MostHated

Post by MostHated »

A DIYPNP but he said it has a 3.57 in it. I am not sure of the difference.
BigLoukaT
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by BigLoukaT »

Seller is wrong, there is not 3.57 (which identifies SMD or surface mount device ms mainboards which are not used in the DIYPNPs) DIYPNPs.

Check the jumper connections and compare them to an FSM. If you write out each jumper connection, it would be helpful for trying to troubleshoot. With the key on, is there 12v inside the diypnp?

I'd say this is a good time to grab the 95 and 96 FSM and note any differences in the wiring harness to help rule things out.
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
npx from 240sxforums wrote:i figure from my very limited knowledge about the 240 and under the hood about cars in general i would follow the sr20det trend.
Matt Cramer
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by Matt Cramer »

BigLoukaT wrote:Seller is wrong, there is not 3.57 (which identifies SMD or surface mount device ms mainboards which are not used in the DIYPNPs) DIYPNPs...
Or it's not a DIYPNP. Can you post a picture of what you've got with the case open? There are enough MegaSquirt variants that it can be easy to get confused.
Matt at DIYAutoTune.com - Megasquirt ECUs, fuel injectors, wideband O2 sensor systems, and more
Nissan plug and play engine management now in stock!
MostHated

Post by MostHated »

I'll take a pic when I get home. It has a big DIYPNP sticker on it.