Fine tuning for faster start up?

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
TrackStarGT
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Fine tuning for faster start up?

Post by TrackStarGT »

Currently running MSPnP2 with latest Tunerstudio software. Does anybody have any general tips, or heck, specific tips on tuning for quicker start ups? It currently takes about 5-6 seconds to fire up, and a little longer when at temp. I know I could just keep trying different things but I don't want to put that much stress on the ignition, battery, starter etc.. I would rather start with some knowledge that would lead me in the right direction more quickly.
Daily Driver: 2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7 TRD
Project and DD: 1995 Nissan 240sx Frankenstein

I live and breathe physics, mechanics, motorsports!!

My build thread viewtopic.php?f=40&t=60602
Matt Cramer
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Re: Fine tuning for faster start up?

Post by Matt Cramer »

I've been working on an article like this - check it out, and let me know if there's any other questions it needs to answer.

http://www.diyautotune.com/tech_article ... uning.html
Matt at DIYAutoTune.com - Megasquirt ECUs, fuel injectors, wideband O2 sensor systems, and more
Nissan plug and play engine management now in stock!
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

Why don't you explain the conditions during startup that are related to your current output so that we can know what's going on? Telling me the tuning platform doesn't help at all. All that says is that you can adjust fuel and timing. That explains nothing other than to say you have the ability to fix the problem.

Don't send me your tune. I don't have MS or anything like that. What I do have is tuning knowledge that is universal.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
TrackStarGT

Post by TrackStarGT »

I thought that saying that it took 5-6 seconds on a cold start to catch and run, and now after a little more tuning about the same when at operating temperature would be enough to explain what is going on. There is nothing that seems abnormal about startup other than the length of time it takes. I know that i could be better, thats all. What Im asking is what general features, ie: cranking pulse, priming pulse, have direct effect on this area and what general direction should I be moving in as far as figures/tables? ie: more fuel? less fuel? And, is there anything on the hardware side that could be effecting this? time to build pressure, ignition system, type of injectors? I assume they could all have a potential to effect cranking efforts to start the motor, Im sorry that my op was not clear enough, I know that is frustrating to those that might try to help me. Thanks guys..

TrackStarGT

Post by TrackStarGT »

Matt, that was a very helpful article, that is what i was looking for. Im sorry for littering the forum. I have seen that article before when I first bought the ECU from you guys, but when I do all my research it tends to lead me to these forums and not the DIYautotune site.