Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
Bonomoskat
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Nistune problem

Post by Bonomoskat »

Ok little on my set up ka-t with
id1000cc injectors
z32 maf

heres what happened last time i drove the car it ran good untill right at the last couple min then i jumped like a big miss . then i went to start it up the next day and i seen a fuel leak so i fixed that and i wanted to replace my fuel pump from a 255 to a 400 . after all that it starts up revs ok then after it warms up its revving high and its like hitting fuel cut at like 4000rpms. its weird i replaced my tps did nothing and it reads the right volts. thought it could be my maf but the volts are reading right on the nistune .
did a pressure check all is good. whats yalls thought on this? could i of messed up a setting in the tune? thanks ahead!
Gotenks64

Re: Nistune problem

Post by Gotenks64 »

I sure someone more experienced can chime in, but there is a field; TP Load Limit. That is what is considered a fuel cut in nistune, check the value at 4000 RPM and see what that yields you. Also does it do it while you are actual driving or just trying to rev it at stop?
Built Head w/ BC stage two 264/264 Cams
Cosmetic Head Gasket
.020 Over Bore with Wiseco 9:1
Eagle Rods
Fully balanced rotating assembly
Stock flywheel
Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
ARP'ed Everything
Clevite Bearings
SARD 850cc Injectors
Bonomoskat

Post by Bonomoskat »

all i can find is load cut TP and its all set to max and i have not yet tried to drive it like this. its weird because it only does it once its warmed it when its cold it doesnt do it.
Bonomoskat

Post by Bonomoskat »

anyone else im trying to post on nistune forum and i cant post on it !
Altima-DET
240sx Wannabe

Post by Altima-DET »

Day late and a dollar short..... I had been having Nistune issues for a while but sorted them out. Had no connectivity via the Consult port nor the the USB cable built into my Calum Rtv2 board. Car was running pretty damn good even though I couldn't map trace or communicate with the ECU via Nistune. I would Mod the bin with Nistune then upload with EmUtility.

After getting the connectivity issue fix (found a really really old FDTI driver on the Moates website) I could maptrace and do everything....

AND THEN I STARTED HITTING THE 4000rpm WALL.... it's exact as you described. Everything is good one minute then the next day it literally appeared and I can't figure out WTF happened.

Any updates on your end with this issue Bono??
Gotenks64

Post by Gotenks64 »

Are you alls spend sensors sending a signal to the ECU? Also hitting the "WALL" in my experience is hitting a TP load limit. Did you check these fields? Also if your speed sensor is not connected and sending a signal to the ECU NIStune has a parameter to where it will do a fuel cut, which feels like hitting a wall. Are you all logging your runs? that will make it easier to see the issue.
Built Head w/ BC stage two 264/264 Cams
Cosmetic Head Gasket
.020 Over Bore with Wiseco 9:1
Eagle Rods
Fully balanced rotating assembly
Stock flywheel
Spec Stage 3+ Clutch
ARP'ed Everything
Clevite Bearings
SARD 850cc Injectors
Altima-DET
240sx Wannabe

Post by Altima-DET »

yes.... all sensors are connected and functioning correctly. yes I have the logs which I will gladly email you if you PM me. And yes it feels like I'm making TP limit. As I had discribed it to my buddy, it's literally like running off the map but when I am map tracing it never leaves the middle section of the map. Timing map is the same. I will try to get a couple screen shots as well.