Nistune Launch Control S13

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
240luvr
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Nistune Launch Control S13

Post by 240luvr »

So I've been trying to set LC on my Nistune board and just can't get it to work.

I've uploaded other people's tunes that have LC enabled and just copied all my maps over (Copy maps, select all). Made sure they had the rev limiters set in TunerPro, aaaaaaand nothing.

I've tried downloading the "S13 w/ Launch Control" .xdf from the posted tunes thread and copied my tune over and still have nothing. I'm at a loss here?

I've tried opening all of the tunes in Tunerpro and saving them, then going back to Nistune to upload to the ECU, just can't seem to figure out what I'm missing (I'm sure it's something stupid).

Can anyone give me some insight on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!!

'91 Hatch, White LE... Fully Built, KA24DET - 375whp-DynoDynamics
OnTheChip
240sx Wannabe

Re: Nistune Launch Control S13

Post by OnTheChip »

Launch control has to be implemented in the program, or code, portion of the bin. An .xdf file is a "data definition" file that tells the TunerPro program how to interpret the data, or tune, portion of a bin. Nistune requires a special hardware programmer to reprogram the code portion into the Nistune hardware.
240luvr

Post by 240luvr »

It was my understanding that as long as you built the tune off of a .bin that had the hack in it you could implement it. 8-bit had stated something along the lines of someone erasing EGR code and writing in new code in it's place. You would need to adjust the settings via Tunerpro but it could be done.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=58567
Look about 3/4 down the page "Ok. Here is the history, and the answers you need."

OnTheChip
240sx Wannabe

Post by OnTheChip »

Right, but he left off the part that says "Nistune requires a special hardware programmer to reprogram the code portion into the Nistune hardware". That's why it's not working for you.
240luvr

Post by 240luvr »

Well alllllllllllrighty then. No LC for me!

Thanks

8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

I'm just now reading this. I didn't know that. If this is the case, I will echo the new 'facts' along. If someone else close to Nistune wants to validate this, please do so.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
Altima-DET
240sx Wannabe

Post by Altima-DET »

David is correct on this.... I spoke with Matt at Nistune since I have a Calum RTv2 ECU. He stated that it maybe possible that the new firmware that allows the Nistune board to do LC would work, but it also has the possibility to brick the ECU. So unless you want to send your ECU out to the Land Down Unda, I'd check with the Nistune dealers that are Stateside to see if they can do the firmware update for you.
240luvr

Post by 240luvr »

I spoke with Andy at Auto Vaughn Performance who I purchased Nistune from, and he confirmed that he is able to do the reflash. As of right now Nistune does not have an official update available but plans to have one by years end. He said that there is a third party reflash that allows the tuning of LC however Nistune won't offer any product support on it (understandable). Not sure if this will have to be edited via Tunerpro, or if it will actually be able to be edited via Nistune. Once I get this done I will report back with my findings.

I will probably send my ECU down to him and have him reflash for the third party option because who knows when Nistune will actually be able to roll out the update on the KA ECU. Matt obviously has bigger fish to fry than a KA ECU haha. Once the official Nistune update rolls out I may just have him reflash it again.

supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Andy had lc on his nistune. His name was all shal perrish who you bought it from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IMYpDj ... 5RoP0NL4fw
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
ridin4life
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ridin4life »

it says in the description it has an msd 6al-2 which might mean he had a 2 step/ launch control on the msd and tuned nistune to build the boost
240luvr

Post by 240luvr »

To tune Nistune to build boost he would have to retard timing only under a certain condition (i.e. speed, switch of sorts, etc.) which Nistune cannot do in it's current state for the KA24DE ECU. So he had to have something else done to the tune to allow that to be changed.

supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Good observe guys. My bad but I guess it is a bandaid until it is supported fully.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

240luvr wrote:To tune Nistune to build boost he would have to retard timing only under a certain condition (i.e. speed, switch of sorts, etc.) which Nistune cannot do in it's current state for the KA24DE ECU. So he had to have something else done to the tune to allow that to be changed.
http://www.msdignition.com/Products/RPM ... l_6AL.aspx
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
240luvr

Post by 240luvr »

Correct me if I'm wrong but that box seems to be a simple rev limiter that is activated by a switch. Setting a lower rev limit won't build boost alone, timing must be retarded. Unless there's something I'm missing, that box wouldn't build that kind of boost?

adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

You may be right. I didn't spend a ton of time looking into it. I just did a search on " msd 6al-2 2 step". But I am 99.9% certain that all_shal_perrish didn't have anything special done to his Nistune ECU to enable the launch control. That video was from 2010, long before Nistune had launch control available as any type of upgrade.

Have you tried contacting him via PM? I have his e-mail address and I can try contacting him there if he doesn't respond to PMs.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread