MSPNP KADE wont idle.

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
alr11606
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

MSPNP KADE wont idle.

Post by alr11606 »

No matter what i do I can not get it to idle, tried leaning VE table but around 14.7 on the UEGO it dies, timing is at 15 degrees bases with a higher value under 700 to keep the idle from falling. I'm at a loss, I can post the MSQ if that will help.

Thanks,
-Austin
BigLoukaT
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Re: MSPNP KADE wont idle.

Post by BigLoukaT »

Have you matched your commanded timing to delivered timing by using a strobe light?

Using an iacv?

Will it idle better when richer?

Not idle as in it dies or surges? Is this when warm or cold? If cold, can you hold the engine running long enough to warm up and see how its doing?

Need a lot more info...
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
npx from 240sxforums wrote:i figure from my very limited knowledge about the 240 and under the hood about cars in general i would follow the sr20det trend.
alr11606

Post by alr11606 »

timing is matched to the mechanical timing,

Yes using IACV...or trying too.

it straight dies if i don't give it more than 2.0% throttle

warm... cold takes at least 5.0% throttle

Yes i can keep the engine running great until it is fully warmed up and it drives great, you just have to constantly have your foot on the throttle at lights. it runs and revs out great.
Matt Cramer
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by Matt Cramer »

Can you post both a copy of your MSQ file and a data log of it idling? I can have a look at them.
Matt at DIYAutoTune.com - Megasquirt ECUs, fuel injectors, wideband O2 sensor systems, and more
Nissan plug and play engine management now in stock!
alr11606

Post by alr11606 »

how do i post msqs? everytime i try and attach one it says file type MSQ not allowed
Matt Cramer
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by Matt Cramer »

Email them to me at websales@diyautotune.com with a link to this thread.
Matt at DIYAutoTune.com - Megasquirt ECUs, fuel injectors, wideband O2 sensor systems, and more
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I have updated the extensions list to allow *.msq and *.msl filetypes. Matt, let me know if there are other filetypes that ought to be allowed.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
Matt Cramer
KA-T.org Sponsor
KA-T.org Sponsor

Post by Matt Cramer »

airman wrote:I have updated the extensions list to allow *.msq and *.msl filetypes. Matt, let me know if there are other filetypes that ought to be allowed.
Thank you. The only other extensions you'll sometimes see are CSV and TXT. Not sure if they're already supported.
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

CSV and TXT are supported, just checked. Cheers, keep being awesome.
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
BigLoukaT
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by BigLoukaT »

Did you get this figured out through email? If so, what was the issue? If not, post an msq and msl
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
npx from 240sxforums wrote:i figure from my very limited knowledge about the 240 and under the hood about cars in general i would follow the sr20det trend.
alr11606

Post by alr11606 »

I haven't had the chance to install everything again and mess with it the car is a daily and I've been busy, sorry.