how to calculate compression?

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
DRFTPUNK
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

how to calculate compression?

Post by DRFTPUNK »

So my motor was assembled quite a while ago and i am unsure of the amount the machineist took off of the head / block. I remember at the time being worried about valve clearance so i got a thick head gasket from Cosworth. now i finally have the money for buying a tuned ecu and turbo. But dont know what to tell the tuner so he can accutately set this up. Any way to remedy this mess?
supakat wrote:I will tell you one thing, if I had to choose between stretched tires and stretched pu$$y, I would go with tires.

S14 Zenki, GT35, 80lb injectors, RS Enthalpy tune, Eagle/ Wiseco 8.8/1.
Formerly Known as ISpentAllMyMoneyOnTires

RIP 480sx
beercandrifter
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Re: how to calculate compression?

Post by beercandrifter »

is he not going to adjust the tune to your setup (take actual readings from the car)?

you can tune to the piston compression ratio unless you are trying to squeeze every ounce of power out of the tune
91 240sx Hatch: HomeBrwd
25psi hx35/8.8:1/264^2 cams/95lb injectors/Megasquirt 2/ka24de build **RIP**
T56/4.8 LSx/LS9 Cam/60lb injectors/comp 918 springs/Megasquirt 3/all custom wiring
DRFTPUNK
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: how to calculate compression?

Post by DRFTPUNK »

Cool i know the CR of my pistons, but i was going to order an Enthalpy board so i was under the impression there would be no secondary tunes (that i dont pay for) and it would be plug and play.
supakat wrote:I will tell you one thing, if I had to choose between stretched tires and stretched pu$$y, I would go with tires.

S14 Zenki, GT35, 80lb injectors, RS Enthalpy tune, Eagle/ Wiseco 8.8/1.
Formerly Known as ISpentAllMyMoneyOnTires

RIP 480sx