Aem v2

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
cham
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Aem v2

Post by cham »

Anyone know there way around series 2? How are you guys calibrating injector size thatso not listed already?
superDorifto
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Re: Aem v2

Post by superDorifto »

Not going to claim to be an expert, but if you know the injector offset curve thats all you should need. The drop down auto populates that so that the mS is corrected for voltage drift, but you can also manually change in in the table as long as you have the curve from the manufacturer....

According to my tuner its prefered that this offset is accurate becasue it makes the initial changes a little easier as your not chasing an incorrect voltage compensation factor....that being said, a good tuner can muck their way through it, there is just more risk becasue direct changes to the mS dont correlate completely...

We had this conversation because I was using deatchewerks 900ish units that did not have a clear choice in the drop down...pretty sure we picked a standard nissan side feed as the injector from the drop down and manually input the offset curve from DW....they seemed to respond as expected and have never had to go back and change it.

but like I said, I'm no expert.