ka24e boost

Discussion about ECU Tuning Products and Theories
alexslim240
NooB

ka24e boost

Post by alexslim240 »

Hi, im new to the forum. i have a 1990 Nissan 240sx single cam KA24E and i would like to make around 400whp. The engine has about 107,000 miles on it and is in pretty good shape. i was thinking about running the CXRacing turbo setup and maybe upgrading the injectors and ecu but i do not know what ecu or injectors to get. also dont know what other things i should upgrade to get that kind of power. any help is appreciated thanks!
Crack240
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Re: ka24e boost

Post by Crack240 »

For 400whp your going to need forged internals and a nice head gasket and ARP headstuds. If you want to boost that motor and keep it stock then I suggest you stay under the 300whp mark and it will last you a decent while. As far as ecu there are a bunch of options out there now for us sohc guys. its all on what you prefer. There's RSEnthalpy and jwt that do not require dyno time. Then there's nistune , nismotronic, megasquirt, aem,haltech,ect. That are standalone ecu's and require some sort of tuning .I personally have MSPNP and I love it . 550cc injectors will get you there and the CX kit should do aswell just keep an eye on the manifold they tend to crack.
89 Ka24e-t
completely stock
49k miles
550cc injectors
z32maf
GSP.50 trim
38mm WG
10 psi
260wtq