First runs on the build

Street races, kills, losses, etc
Kill3rwill
240sx Wannabe

First runs on the build

Post by Kill3rwill »

So on my way to meet some friends I run across a newer cts-v, the supercharged one. Dude in his 30's, looks stock, but I spool a little bit next to him and he gets the point. We manage to get a stop light together, we both roll off and punch it, he spun a bit, I hooked but had a bit of lag, banged 2nd and squatted down, and got 3rd. By the top of 3rd I was around 85 mph and around 5 lengths ahead. No idea how bad he spun or how hard he was pushing it, but either way I was happy. Next up came a after dinner I was giving my buddy a ride in the car, we come up on a terminator on a back road, I downshift to 2nd and so does he, we both punch it and at the top of 3rd I let off around 2 lengths ahead. Lastly I came up on a stop light with a c6 vette, base model, but still a big ole 6.2 liter, he didn't launch, but I kept the revs up in second, I hear him floor it and so do I, I got into 4th for a bit on that one, up to about 100 mph and let off, I'm about 3 lengths ahead. These were my first races, besides a v6 mustang Haha. I'm happy with how she does, drag radials Def help keep traction. Funny thing is all 3 guys gave me a thumbs up and a honk as they drove by after.

This was all fabricated in Mexico... :)
supakat
SuperMod

Re: First runs on the build

Post by supakat »

Yea it is a good feeling to kill like that. Nice runs. I hardly get tried. I guess the 275's out back keep people at a distance on me or the open dump. What tires you have? Get a video of a pull or 1st to 3rd run. I can hit 60mph at top of 2nd and 100mph on top of 3rd. Don't know top of 4th but it is scary. I did log it one time with a GPS app on my phone and it said I was around 136mph but I backed off before hitting redline.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Kill3rwill
240sx Wannabe

Post by Kill3rwill »

I can't remember the exact speeds offhand, and none of them where pegging the limiter. Tire wise I'm running 275/50/15 nitto 555r radials. Everyone talked **** and said to get the mickey Thompsons. I hook in first,for now. But I got them new for 200$ off Craigslist. If I spend money on new ones I'll buy a set of 295/50/15 Mickey Thompson et streets. But then I feel like it's tranny/ axle death. I'll be going to the local 1/8 Mile track in the next few weeks. And I would get a video, but I spent all my money on that hx40 and a meth kit. No go pro yet!
KAzoom
NooB

Post by KAzoom »

Nice run