my 95 240sx base vs Cobalt base model

Street races, kills, losses, etc
kvtwoforty
NooB

my 95 240sx base vs Cobalt base model

Post by kvtwoforty »

Well i had to bring up about my race. the cobalt is my cousins car, both are manual transmission. First was a 20mph roll, once i counted to 3 we both downshift to 2nd and floor the gas pedal. Once my car had reached up to 5500 rpm the cobalt starts pulling me, ill hang buy the door. ill hit redline and switch, the cobalt seems to be faster, switch to third faster than mine. All you can see is the cobalt pulling faster and faster i lost about 1 car length. We stopped at a red light, i rev up to 2200 rpm and light turned green...bam first gear, i get the start cobalt hangs by my fender, once again on first gear and once rpm hits 5500 rpm the cobalt pulled again switched to 2nd gear and you can hear the cobalts tire chirped on 2nd gear while mine bogs... went all the way to 3rd gear this time i lost by 1 and half car length...i dont know i think once my car hits up to 5500rpm it seems like its taking a while to hit 6500rpm like its pushing but its not really going... o well i lost just waiting until i get my custom Turbo setup then hes a gonner....
95 Nissan 240sx B-spec (base specs) sounds better with it..
Marcus
Wearer of Missing G-Strings!

Post by Marcus »

Don't take it too hard. My parents picked up a base 2dr black model that sometimes I daily drive. I've beat about 5 people screwing around in that thing. I've also got a 3rd gear scratch in it. 8)

I could pull off a high 15 or a 16 flat with the car. Stock the 240 is not a "straight-liner".
adoboboy
NooB

Post by adoboboy »

If your on a stock KA...you shouldn't take it to 6500. Shift at about 5500.
You can take first to about 6k, but anything after I always shift at 5500
If it aint broke, it aint goin fast enough.
ChicagoS14T
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by ChicagoS14T »

Have you ever seen the power curve on a KA??? Peak HP is reached around 5,500 rpm... past that your revving and loosing power, thats why people short shift at 5,500.... My friends cousin used to be able to switch so quick that even on his stock KA he would switch at 6500 and the car seemed like it pulled. Either way not a bad run against the Cobalt. In stock form the KA doesnt seem like much but its fun. On boost :shock: its a whole new world!
1995 IAP kit: 210whp @ 5psi - SOLD
1JZGTE swap soon
1990 SOHC Auto - parting out
www.240sxguide.com