Fast Integra

Street races, kills, losses, etc
Truck
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Fast Integra

Post by Truck »

This hardly counts as racing, but since I don't get very many cars trying to race me (or even flaunt near me) I'll tell you all about this guy.

I was on hwy 183 Northbound just before the oak knoll exit (for all you austin folks) when I see a yellow integra, with a red R descreetly on the side and a large but still probably factory wing. He entered the onramp and flew across the road to the left side of me, still behind me, and came upon my side. There was a truck ahead of him so he was stuck, but it was all clear in front of me. So I decided the gas it a little and picked up 10 mph, then deceled back to 65. So he jumps back across to my right side and zooms by me so fast that he made my friends mustang seem like a loser. Funny thing is, besides the red R, the yellow car, and the big wing, nothing would make you think he was fast. No cans, no Intercooler, no fancy rims.

I suppose he dropped to 3rd gear, and I know b16's do have more HP then 240's, but this was just odd. Perhaps he could have been swappped...
Squeaks and squeals is the name of my wheels.
TinyT
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TinyT »

i dont know if you got the memo, but hondas can go reeealy fast all motor

it was a usdm type r with probably the b18c5 still in it, and who knows what on top of that, all motor integras love extensive head work-like porting-valves-cams, well engineered exhaust manifolds, and high compression and octane, a good tune, etc.
mach5camaroSS

Post by mach5camaroSS »

I beat a B16 swapped eg hatch that was gutted with all the NA mods. when I was NA.
90 HB KA24DET project
Best 1/4mile so far 12.56@114

My Cardomain:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/90_240SX_KA24DET
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

then his car must have been down two cyclinders
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

I couldn't pull away from an rsx with bolt ons and hondata ecu, and i was running 8psi (consistant 13.8 1/4 mile ets).

I was very impressed to say the least.

A local guy used to have a b16 with a sc61 that put down 500whp with only 20psi. I saw him run a 10.7 at 134mph to back up the dyno numbers as well.

Don't doubt hondas, their cylinder heads are great. Lucky for us, most honda owners are retarded and think ebay iat resisters give you 50hp. I have nothing but respect for honda motors.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
TCtrackrunner
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by TCtrackrunner »

I am from around Austin and I think i have seen that car before. I beat he has a B18 at the most
Boosted and running 8psi
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

ya, thats the stock motor, b18c5, very well tuned honda type r motor
madd ocx

Post by madd ocx »

honda motors are very stout, there are alot of guys in my area that have some fast ones, its just the ricers that mess up the honda name, don't sleep om them!
ka-t greddy 20g, enthalpy ecu, 440 injectors, ngk plugs and wires, bc v2 cams, megan catback, custom downpipe, godspeed fmic, safc 2, koyo rad, nismo thermostat, aem wideband, autometer phantom boost gauge, fidanza flywheel, spec stage 3+ clutch,j30 diff,n60 maf running 8psi!!
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

madd ocx wrote:honda motors are very stout, there are alot of guys in my area that have some fast ones, its just the ricers that mess up the honda name, don't sleep om them!
Honda motors are anything but stout, thats one of the reasons i'm not in the honda game. From the factory they have really weak rods, and serious power requires resleeving the block and what not. It's hard to make mild turbo power on the stock b-series motor because of high cr pistons and weak bottom ends.

I would do a honda, but it costs alot of money to do it right. If you build the block they have amazing efficiency and potential.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
240_chris
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by 240_chris »

haha in about an hour, i'm heading to the shop to help finish up dropping in my friends rebuilt b16. he had it in before and it was kinda fast (he has the normal bolt-ons), but the piston rings were shot. so i'm excited to see how it does now :)
Pretty much stock 95 240sx, with a 3' catback.
azS13
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by azS13 »

i must agree with kfred but only to a certain point. honda motors are not stout. but just sleeving them doesnt make them much stronger at all because although you are sleeving it you have to bore the cylinders for the sleeves and by doing so decreasing the wall thickness of the cylinder. so even with a sleeve still cylinder wall is a lot weaker, the only real way to make a strong honda block is buy one from dart championship engine components. cast iron blocks ftw (although dart is still aluminum)
91 240sx- always broken
1jz project started May 2011
Running finally Oct 5, 2014
R34SR wrote: 240sx = half sports car half truck.....cant decide if you want to track it or tow a boat.
Liger
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Liger »

Sleeving the motor makes it A LOT stronger over stock. The material in the aftermarket sleeves is much stronger than factory. There are plenty of things you can do to reinforce an open deck aluminum block.
ken240sx

Post by ken240sx »

500whp in a 2400lbs car that only ran high 10's...weak. anyway, hondas are underestimated all the time, but yeah, stock motor+turbo vs stock motor+turbo they are average, if not lacking. A guy I know owns a gutted crx with an integra type R motor w/headers, exhaust, intake and intake mani, pulley, cams, and lsd runs low 10's n/a. It's a pretty badass f'n sleeper to say the least.
Oh by the way, to OP, is you're 240 fairly stock? if so, yea that type r will burn the **** out of it, 240's in stock-mildly stock form are balls slow, and being faster than a mustang doesn't say much. early 90's-2004 mustang GT's typically run low 14's-high 14's depending on the year...they are pretty underpowered. They come with about the same hp as my TL type S and weigh about the same, and Usually if I get off the line alright I'll start to catch up to them once I hit 5K, then after I get into second the TL doesn't leave get out of vtec until 4th gear and it's only for 100rpm and then it's right back in it again. That reminds me, I hate shifting too early and seeing the tach slap 100-200rpm before vtec...hondas make geo metro power until 4500K.
The Naked Poster
Markdawg20
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by Markdawg20 »

Honda B series are great engines.
S14 Kouki

Post by S14 Kouki »

K powaaaaaaa
418 WHP - 432 FT.TQ. on 15 PSI. E85!!! stock internals.
diegs88

Post by diegs88 »

my friend actually swapped a b16b in his del sol fully built turbo all the good stuff don't feel like naming it becuase everyone here knows what fully built is and that thing is ridiculous fast it ways near nothing has his vtec contoller set to like 6500 and hardly uses it and turns boost down to like nothing then pulls up next to someone switches vtec to 2500 turns boost up and you don't know if you raced a car or a jet