my s13 ka-t vs. new m3

Street races, kills, losses, etc
killab18
Encyclopedia-Nissan

my s13 ka-t vs. new m3

Post by killab18 »

aight so im driving along and i see this M3 in front of me. its the brand new ones. Sick as hell looking. i let him know i was there. lol. i was waiting for the cars in front to make their turn offs. coming up was a 2 lane road with zero in or out exits so its just straight and no worries about cars jumping in front. Normally i wouldnt even do this but i had to take the chance.

So im behind him and i know he is going to switch lanes to the right to get the clear straight away.

so i drop back a little bit and go in 2nd gear. once i see that his hole is opening i punch it. this way i have a little jump on him. He makes his lane switch and right now im on his back bumper in full boost at about 5500rpms. im not going to let off cuz he is about to be gone....

he switches back to the left lane, i slam it into third barely being able to keep my tires gripping the road. i now hear him really get on it. Im about half a car ahead of him when he decides to actually punch it.

He starts to pull ahead but not too quickly, he switches gears and i still have a little room left in 3rd. We are neck and neck for about a split second.

Once he hit that next gear it looks like his car jumps off the ground and instantly gets a car length on me. I now it 4th gear.

but this time he is full race mode, fully punched and starts to pull away. a few seconds later while im in 4th gear he gets about 2 1/2 car lenths on me then starts to let off the gas.

So of course i didnt let off until i flew past him. hahaha.

But all and all its the first race ive had with my new ka-t. go figure it has to me an m3.

I held on pretty good i have to say. If it was from a dead stop it would have been like a supra tt racing a sohc civic. haha

the new m's sounds sick though. i think i did so well against it also cuz he was probably in one higher gear then he should have been the whole time. lol.

maybe one day we can do this from a stop...

anyone else race the new m3?
devnemo
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by devnemo »

that sounds fun. i need to get my car running again. whats your setup?
MTX450

Post by MTX450 »

UGH

:D

I love those new E92's. How much boost are you running?
EFI Tuner
Haltech Engine Management Systems
killab18
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by killab18 »

i was on 15 psi.

setup is
stock ka24de
jgs manifold
tial 38mm wastegate
t3/t4 50 trim .63a/r turbine
50lbs injectors
tuned ecu
safc2 fine tuned
3 1/2" exhaust
3" downpipe
blitz dd bov
huge xs power intercooler

im running straight off of the wastegate spring. I need to get a boost controller bad. I want to get to a dyno and get the safc tuned by someone who knows what they are doiung. i can only do the cruising and hi throttle. i dont know anything about the other settings to make it not die when getting off throttle and stuff. but she runs great. and really strong.
FastKA24DE-T

Post by FastKA24DE-T »

killab18 wrote:i was on 15 psi.

setup is
stock ka24de
jgs manifold
tial 38mm wastegate
t3/t4 50 trim .63a/r turbine
50lbs injectors
tuned ecu
safc2 fine tuned
3 1/2" exhaust
3" downpipe
blitz dd bov
huge xs power intercooler

im running straight off of the wastegate spring. I need to get a boost controller bad. I want to get to a dyno and get the safc tuned by someone who knows what they are doiung. i can only do the cruising and hi throttle. i dont know anything about the other settings to make it not die when getting off throttle and stuff. but she runs great. and really strong.
I took evo on 6.37 psi. You should have taken that m3 easy with 15 psi.
killab18
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by killab18 »

im talking about the new new m3. last i looked dont they have 500hp. i know thats not whp and i weight half his weight. lol.

well yea i think i can take him down. its a young kid that runs around my town. so if i see him ill see if he wants to go to the drag strip or something
Spud5251
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Spud5251 »

killab18 wrote:im talking about the new new m3. last i looked dont they have 500hp. i know thats not whp and i weight half his weight. lol.

well yea i think i can take him down. its a young kid that runs around my town. so if i see him ill see if he wants to go to the drag strip or something
I think the M5 has the 500hp V10. I think the M3 has a 4.0 v8 with about 400
Too much to list.

KA26DE-T in the making. BC Stroker Kit, Kelford 272's, borg warner s258 (18-20 psi)9.5 to 1 compression, Full Race Twin Scroll, and a few more goodies.....
tehzack
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by tehzack »

killab18 wrote:ill see if he wants to go to the drag strip or something
Good luck man. Getting most people to take their car to the dragstrip is like asking them to punch themselves in the nuts. I don't know what it is man, but everyone seems to avoid the dragstrip like its some kind of leper colony.
LSX.
FastKA24DE-T

Post by FastKA24DE-T »

Once new new m3 is going they are fast with those hp and 8k rpm. v8 i belive.