Am I doing it Wrong?

Street races, kills, losses, etc
ppctx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Am I doing it Wrong?

Post by ppctx »

I've pulled next to an srt, Trans ws6 with a paint job, camaro SS with pretty stickers, etc... People that should want to display.. No one wants to go. My car looks rather stock except if you see the exhaust and front bumper. What's the trick to getting people to go.. Is it because my avatar is an actual pic of me, am I to ugly to accelerate quickly with?
1wheelwonder
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 1wheelwonder »

"I ***** your girlfriend" always works for me!
undesiredshoe

Post by undesiredshoe »

Thats really how you look like.....

awesome!
ImageStock block ka24e - 12.81 @ 113mph
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

if you wanna find races, find a local group of fooz that hang out and race each other.

just finding them out and about is very sporadic, like once a month from my experience...
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

1wheelwonder wrote:"I ***** your girlfriend" always works for me!
I laughed so hard, I scared the cat out of the house.
undesiredshoe wrote:Thats really how you look like.....
awesome!
I don’t normally wear the hat though
8-bit wrote:if you wanna find races, find a local group of fooz that hang out and race each other.
just finding them out and about is very sporadic, like once a month from my experience...
I think I would just feel like\looked at like I was an old man there. Even my friend since 3rd grade was laughing at my grays this weekend :? (Their under the hat)
Original owner of a 93' champagne colored, corn eating fastback. Growl and bite is a bit meaner, but she's still my little girl.

I'm not out, just doing a couple of other things for a bit.. brb
tehzack
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by tehzack »

Pull out a gun and shoot at their car. See if you can keep up while they attempt to escape. Should give you a good idea of how your car would stack up against theirs.
LSX.
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

Maybe its because they have heard you are ka-t and scared?

Maybe the people you tried to race don't mess around on the street. People try to mess with me all the time, but i usually just ignore them because i need to keep my drivers license.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
ka_s372
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ka_s372 »

I thought you were supposed to YELL OUT .... "2GBUYN" or "2LARGE" :lol:
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

i put my window down and ask them if they want to run....they usually put theirs down and get the drift after a hand gesture or so....
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
vrmilionzx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by vrmilionzx »

Kfred wrote: Maybe the people you tried to race don't mess around on the street. People try to mess with me all the time, but i usually just ignore them because i need to keep my drivers license.
this is the new story of my life :P
arias pistons (8.8:1), pauter rods,
cometic headgasket
garrett t3/4 50 trim
mild p&p, pdm cams, 3" turbo back,
jwt flywheel and ecu, clutch specialties clutch
740cc injectors, ebay fmic,
elec fans, msd, stock vlsd, z32 brakes and mafs, safc2, hks evc 4, Koyo Radiator, protective layer of dirt.
-"stock" s13 dd - Project MPG
Markdawg20

Post by Markdawg20 »

Put a flat bill baseball cap on backwards, and recline your seat at an angle just enough to see above the dash without rear ending someone. Pull up next to them and dead rev. They will go.
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

Kfred wrote: Maybe the people you tried to race don't mess around on the street. People try to mess with me all the time, but i usually just ignore them because i need to keep my drivers license.
You're "that guy." :P
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
boostedhicas
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by boostedhicas »

tehzack wrote:Pull out a gun and shoot at their car. See if you can keep up while they attempt to escape. Should give you a good idea of how your car would stack up against theirs.
haha nice man I laughed so hard when I read this! :D
flip240

Post by flip240 »

Kfred wrote:...Maybe the people you tried to race don't mess around on the street. People try to mess with me all the time, but i usually just ignore them because i need to keep my drivers license.
me also, i only race my friends when nobody around
- Phil - Concord Gray S14 - 339 rwhp, 340 ft-tq @ 12psi
Daily driven turbocharged KA24 for 10 years and counting. 2004-2014
My setup: KA24DE-T
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

sdaigle240 wrote:i put my window down and ask them if they want to run..

You sir, appear to have electric windows. No such pleasantries here.
Original owner of a 93' champagne colored, corn eating fastback. Growl and bite is a bit meaner, but she's still my little girl.

pearl240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by pearl240sx »

gotta have vin diesel in the passenger seat and hes gotta say smoke them and bam you got a race!
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

Yes your doing it wrong! plain and simple
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Jackasknissan

Post by Jackasknissan »

just ask them if they want to go
Turbo24sxt wrote:SOHC > DOHC ... period ...
oaznbeasto wrote: Hey 6 posts, Go **** yourself! learn something then post[/quote
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

I think I'm going to shoot vin diesel an email and see what's up :lol:

Berserker

Post by Berserker »

Lol I was having same probs. No1 wants to go, its really hard to find some1 who will actually race. And then there is them guys with their flybys, this guy with a cobra seen him 3 times now got 2 ***** red likes im like Lez go they both nod there heads, I warm up my tires, launch all crazy and they dont even punch it, when im slowing down they do a flyby....Happen 2 diff times with same guy, hopefully I'l see him in a gas station and tell him he cant drive for ****.
608 whp @ 27.25 psi powered by Precision6262
rebeltshead

Post by rebeltshead »

Just rev a little to get their attention... always works for me. Or if you see someone on the highway just roll beside them and eventually they will catch on.
SHIFT_Live
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

Although ture, this was meant as a joke thread. The scenario is I pull up next to someone (typically someone that looks like they've built power into their car) on the hwy. Drop it into 4th and pull nose to nose. Hit it just a bit a couple of times, nothing. Smile or laugh a couple of times, nothing. Can't really ask them if they want to go but my actions strongly encourage them in that direction.

I did get one “quick acceleration” trial with a guy in a solstice or something. I was letting my friend drive and the other guy pulled up to the light and looked over with that supper cocky smirk. I rolled down the window and smiled real big and asked if his car was fast. He gave me the cocky YES node and the light changed. Despite my drivers resistance to the taunts (telling me stop, stop:), the other guys car was not nearly as fast as he thought it was.

It's odd but not that big a deal. The 1/8th mile is only a couple of miles down the road. I think that due to my stock stance, every one that has come to talk to the crowd I meet out there, the NA 240sx get the "oow, that’s nice, what do you have in there", when they say stock and point at me and say he's the one with the big turbo, it usually gets the "meh" look. I assume this is the same thing the power cars on the hwy are thinking. Not that big a deal and I'm probably better off for it.

undesiredshoe

Post by undesiredshoe »

Strange...after i put my front mount on, even before i was turbo, people in my town stopped bothering me...even srt4 guys. :shock:
ppctx wrote:Although ture, this was meant as a joke thread. The scenario is I pull up next to someone (typically someone that looks like they've built power into their car) on the hwy. Drop it into 4th and pull nose to nose. Hit it just a bit a couple of times, nothing. Smile or laugh a couple of times, nothing. Can't really ask them if they want to go but my actions strongly encourage them in that direction.

I did get one “quick acceleration” trial with a guy in a solstice or something. I was letting my friend drive and the other guy pulled up to the light and looked over with that supper cocky smirk. I rolled down the window and smiled real big and asked if his car was fast. He gave me the cocky YES node and the light changed. Despite my drivers resistance to the taunts (telling me stop, stop:), the other guys car was not nearly as fast as he thought it was.

It's odd but not that big a deal. The 1/8th mile is only a couple of miles down the road. I think that due to my stock stance, every one that has come to talk to the crowd I meet out there, the NA 240sx get the "oow, that’s nice, what do you have in there", when they say stock and point at me and say he's the one with the big turbo, it usually gets the "meh" look. I assume this is the same thing the power cars on the hwy are thinking. Not that big a deal and I'm probably better off for it.
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

undesiredshoe wrote:Strange...after i put my front mount on, even before i was turbo, people in my town stopped bothering me...even srt4 guys. :shock:
Oh, undesiredshoe, tell me you weren't sporting an inerfooler :P you are banished!

Kfred

Post by Kfred »

If you want someone to run you have to say something to piss them off. Example: Pull up next to a trans am and ask him if its a mustang. Tell mustang gt owners "lets see what that little 6-cylinder" got.

Ask any non-honda import if its a honda.

Yes undesiredshoe was running an interfooler > ricer! I have been caught with an interfooler when i was getting my hotpipe welded. It's embarising to say i can't run you because my turbo isn't hooked up, it's just for looks right now.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
undesiredshoe

Post by undesiredshoe »

Haha, nothing wrong with running an interfooler! At least i didnt connect up a cold pipe and slap a filter on the end...though i was really tempted too.
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

Kfred wrote:If you want someone to run you have to say something to piss them off. Example: Pull up next to a trans am and ask him if its a mustang. Tell mustang gt owners "lets see what that little 6-cylinder" got.

The first couple I blew off.. Now I'm trying to figure out if y'all are just being funny or want a ka-t tribute thread to a former member that got shot.

emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

ppctx wrote:
Kfred wrote:If you want someone to run you have to say something to piss them off. Example: Pull up next to a trans am and ask him if its a mustang. Tell mustang gt owners "lets see what that little 6-cylinder" got.

The first couple I blew off.. Now I'm trying to figure out if y'all are just being funny or want a ka-t tribute thread to a former member that got shot.
Right foot got shot?
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
ppctx

Post by ppctx »

I think I've figured it out by watching everyone else’s vids and "when" they do it. I don’t do it after the sun goes down. Day time I can see everything around me and way on down the road for possible crap in the road (wild life, semi tires, junk, etc) or the poe poe on the side of it, trying to shot me in the face with freaking laser beams on their heads. Night time, I have terrible night vision and can't see, so legal speeds are difficult enough so I aint looking to do any 60 to XXX. That and I never do it on signalized or residential roadway as anyone can pull out/walk out from a side street or driveway.

driftin_s14

Post by driftin_s14 »

Most of the them are learning not to mess with 240's. The 240 is to bad a$$ and out there league. It would be like a hayabusa and a honda fit racing. They know you will "wax that a$$".
I was in mine one day going home and this s2000 come flying down the ramp in front of me. I've been wanting to race one for awhile. Anyways I drop it down in 4th and hit the gas to catch up to him and he see's me I guess and slows down. I get up beside him and jump at him alittle and he looks at me and shakes his head no and says I don't have anything for you! It was modded but I don't know how much. I guess the flying up on him in 4th intimidated him or the intercooler did one.
Everyone around where I live know that 240's are not to be messed with. There are way to many around with over 275hp ka-t and sr20's. I know of about 7 in my area that will kill all the cars you mentioned mine including. :D
ImageImageImage

All nissan family!
wiseco pis. eagle rods, bc-head. jwt ecu, z32 maf, 555cc inj. gt3076r, ams manifold, koyo rad. and flex-a-lite fans. ur pulleys, fidanza flywheel and rps clutch. synapse bov&50mm wastegate, etc,etc