Barely lost to a srt4

Street races, kills, losses, etc
undesiredshoe
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Barely lost to a srt4

Post by undesiredshoe »

Raced a srt4 yesterday, he said he trapped 110 mph and ran a 13.0 on street tires. It was totally even in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and then he slowly started pulling away in 4th

Man my top end sucks, i wouldve stayed next to him if i just had a little more top end.... :cry: :cry: sohcs :cry: :cry: :cry:

I was spiking to 18 psi and then dropping to 15psi in each gear, dont know how much he was running. It was a good race though considering how much money I spent on the car.

Man its really time for solid lifters and a new cam :twisted:
ImageStock block ka24e - 12.81 @ 113mph
cesaturn95
240sx Wannabe

Post by cesaturn95 »

doesnt sound too bad man but those 2.4 srt's are pretty potent especially with some mods here and there, my best friends got a sivler 04 stage 2 with mods and pretty wicked from 0-160 on the hwy.
1997 Nissan 240sx (kouki baby)
1990 Nissan 240sx (coupe)
undesiredshoe

Post by undesiredshoe »

cesaturn95 wrote:doesnt sound too bad man but those 2.4 srt's are pretty potent especially with some mods here and there, my best friends got a sivler 04 stage 2 with mods and pretty wicked from 0-160 on the hwy.
Yeah they are really easy to make fast...im just glad i could keep up with it :o
madd ocx
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by madd ocx »

funny as much as i see them i never went against one. i always liked them though, if i were to go fwd that would be one of my top choices! but its good to see you kept pace with it, was the guy an ***hole like alot of srt-4 owners are rumored to be?
ka-t greddy 20g, enthalpy ecu, 440 injectors, ngk plugs and wires, bc v2 cams, megan catback, custom downpipe, godspeed fmic, safc 2, koyo rad, nismo thermostat, aem wideband, autometer phantom boost gauge, fidanza flywheel, spec stage 3+ clutch,j30 diff,n60 maf running 8psi!!
undesiredshoe

Post by undesiredshoe »

madd ocx wrote:funny as much as i see them i never went against one. i always liked them though, if i were to go fwd that would be one of my top choices! but its good to see you kept pace with it, was the guy an ***hole like alot of srt-4 owners are rumored to be?
Haha yea there are a lot of srt4's....id say there are like 6 of htem in my city of like 50,000 people. The guy was actually pretty cool, helped me out after my maf plug came off.
Jackasknissan

Re: Barely lost to a srt4

Post by Jackasknissan »

undesiredshoe wrote:
I was spiking to 18 psi and then dropping to 15psi in each gear, dont know how much he was running. It was a good race though considering how much money I spent on the car.

I see how you function man, glad to see youve upped the snails blow power

when you gonna dyno that thing man im hoping somtime in july for myself

nice race tho man glad to see the one cam'rs arent getting left behind too bad :P
Turbo24sxt wrote:SOHC > DOHC ... period ...
oaznbeasto wrote: Hey 6 posts, Go **** yourself! learn something then post[/quote
undesiredshoe

Re: Barely lost to a srt4

Post by undesiredshoe »

Jackasknissan wrote:
undesiredshoe wrote:

I see how you function man, glad to see youve upped the snails blow power

when you gonna dyno that thing man im hoping somtime in july for myself

nice race tho man glad to see the one cam'rs arent getting left behind too bad :P
Thanks man, it sucks how i was dropping to 15 psi though, im pretty sure i wouldve stay even or even pulled on him if i held 18 psi. Im thinking it has to do with my 4 psi spring....lol...so i have a 9 psi spring ordered, hopefully it helps. Ill go to the dyno as soon as work picks up...i only got 4 hours this whole week :cry:

Then a stage one O&J cam goes in, solid lifters and 20 psi then back to the tracks!