s14 vs. 300zx tt

Street races, kills, losses, etc
turbo2nr
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

s14 vs. 300zx tt

Post by turbo2nr »

on a local hi way going to the g/f crib. i see a 300zx with a single n1 exhaust gauges ect.. i roll up next to him, he punches it and takes off a little and blows off.. guess he wants to play..

we go down to 60 im in 3rd, after 3rd honk we take off, i pull 1/2 car to 4th, then i start to stretch it on him, by 100 im about 3 cars ahead, by 5th around 120 im about a good 5-6 cars ahead.. not sure if he let off

cool guy he pulls up to me after wards give me the thumbs up, askes me how much psi i was on, i tell him 11.. hes tells me hes on 18psi..

guess its not a bad kill
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
R34SR
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by R34SR »

nice kill.

My cousin bought a z32 from japan , pretty fast.....makes me even sadder that im still not boosted!
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

haha u didnt tell him T4, he prolly felt so incompetent.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
kentoJDM240
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by kentoJDM240 »

Wow, I would atleast think it would be 1-2 cars away at 120.. I know those Twins kick in alittle late.. Fast car gongrats on the win :D !
1995 240sx se. Engine out
1990 SOHC Sold
01' Celica GT-S : CAI, Exhaust.
nismoz

Post by nismoz »

with supporting mods a 300zxtt @18psi should be upward of 500hp at the flywheel(maybe 540ish),I don't know but i'd guess an assumed 300whp 240sx wouldn't handle that,also most stock 300zx t25's want do but 17psi max and there's not enough fuel from the 370's so they'd have to be 550's or better unless this kid was just trying to make you think he had something other than a stock tt? not doubting your car by any means only doubting the kid you raced.
BigNick wrote:We all know you don't know wtf ur talking about; Please stop posting ignorance.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

humm. we got a 18psi tt with injectors and exhaust in town. gets destroyed by 350ztt 378whp and t3/t4 on 13 psi 240 keeps with it.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

its posts like these that make me feel noob....ive a ton of car experience, worked on so many different kinds of cars esp my 240 but ive never ridden in a turbo ka..... :oops: which means i cant contribute to any threads that have to do with real feel performance of ka-ts....all i do know is i get very excited when you guys say a ka on such low psi can hang with those kinda cars putting out those kind of numbers.

power to weight rules.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

well like i said i dont know anything about that z except what the guy said. i did notice that it would let out a puff of black smoke when he got on it, im sure he had to be running bigger injectors the amount of black sud from his exhaust.

as for a 300zxtt being 500hp on stock t25 i find that very hard to believe, i have 3 friends that have 300ztt two with stock t25 supporting mods on 18-20psi only one made 372whp at best with crazy head soaked intercoolers..
the other z makes 550whp on race gas upgraded t3 ect. i drove this car on low boost 16psi around 400whp and it did not impress me. it didnt feel to much fasten then my s14 on 10psi

yes power to weight is key. also small boost on a big turbo helps alot. that why i love 60+mm t4 turbos.

but the car is now down for a month or so.. finally instally my bc 264 and my aem ems, just got my map from shadwreks, so i have finish up the suspension mods install the cams and aem and then refine the tune..

next round stock ka on 14psi w/ aem + cams .. cant wait to rev it 7k :twisted:
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

turbo2nr wrote: next round stock ka on 14psi w/ aem + cams .. cant wait to rev it 7k :twisted:
Take it to 7.5k, you pansy. I do it on 272s with stock springs and have had great luck. With a big turbo you have to rev the engine out or else your powerband is too small.

Keep us updated on how the new tune and cams work out.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
nismoz

Post by nismoz »

turbo2nr wrote:well like i said i dont know anything about that z except what the guy said. i did notice that it would let out a puff of black smoke when he got on it, im sure he had to be running bigger injectors the amount of black sud from his exhaust.

as for a 300zxtt being 500hp on stock t25 i find that very hard to believe, i have 3 friends that have 300ztt two with stock t25 supporting mods on 18-20psi only one made 372whp at best with crazy head soaked intercoolers..
the other z makes 550whp on race gas upgraded t3 ect. i drove this car on low boost 16psi around 400whp and it did not impress me. it didnt feel to much fasten then my s14 on 10psi

yes power to weight is key. also small boost on a big turbo helps alot. that why i love 60+mm t4 turbos.

but the car is now down for a month or so.. finally instally my bc 264 and my aem ems, just got my map from shadwreks, so i have finish up the suspension mods install the cams and aem and then refine the tune..

next round stock ka on 14psi w/ aem + cams .. cant wait to rev it 7k :twisted:
yeah,there is no dyno proof of this.I can post the sorce from where i got the info if you'd like(all crank horsepower calculated #'s).also I run my 300tt @14 psi and by no means is it weak but it's also not floodin the engine bellowin blk smoke either, but i would have thought a z
@18psi wouldn't have had trouble keepin up with you let alone you leavin him.jus a thought since i have experience with one.
BigNick wrote:We all know you don't know wtf ur talking about; Please stop posting ignorance.
R34SR

Post by R34SR »

lol im such a pussy i rev my na to 6k at MOST because that BM shifter rattle gets scary past 5500rpm lol.
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

R34SR wrote:lol im such a pussy i rev my na to 6k at MOST because that BM shifter rattle gets scary past 5500rpm lol.
No doubt! My B&M makes my transmission sound like it's about to blow itself apart at high RPMs. I still take it to 7000+ on a regular basis though. Guess I'm just used to it.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

i need more gearing or rpms i find my self hitting rev limiter in 3rd and 4th alot when racing.. i just get to 6500 to fast.

just got my torque wrench so my cam install should happen this weekend. aem soon after that im excited :twisted:
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

The stock S14 cams pretty much suck balls, so cams should be a good upgrade for you. But... they're going to make you want a higher rev limit pretty quickly. Which cams are you going with?
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
zenkiBruce

Post by zenkiBruce »

adamky wrote:The stock S14 cams pretty much suck balls, so cams should be a good upgrade for you. But... they're going to make you want a higher rev limit pretty quickly. Which cams are you going with?
+1
-----------
_93 240sx Coupe
_05 BMW X5 3.0i

~USN, EM Nuke~
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

i have a set of bc 264 to be installed, then after that im installing my aem, so i plan to set the limiter to 7200. hopefully i should be ok, i just want to make power to 7k and ill be happy.

bad thing with a big turbo is once i make full boost around 5k i only have 1500rpms to enjoy it then shift.. but when it kicks it kicks hard lol
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
nismoz

Post by nismoz »

turbo2nr wrote:
bad thing with a big turbo is once i make full boost around 5k i only have 1500rpms to enjoy it then shift.. but when it kicks it kicks hard lol
that sounds neck snappin....it doesn't bother you?
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

no i love it actually.

i hate the liner pull of a t2 and some t3 turbos, it kinda makes the car feel like a fast na car. idk i like to be hurled back in my seat . i know having a smaller turbo that spools up sooner is more efficent b/c of more useable power, but the big turbos are fun. with the proper gearing and rev limit it should be better.. i always look at the rb for inspiration it must be crazy to have be in a rb with big turbo that makes full boost at 5k and still have a 9k rev limit.

when my motors built i plan and reving to around 8200.. well see what happens
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
kentoJDM240

Post by kentoJDM240 »

some people compare the ka24 power band to an RB.. Funny that u mentioned that
1995 240sx se. Engine out
1990 SOHC Sold
01' Celica GT-S : CAI, Exhaust.
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

The ka makes a pretty fat powerband for a 4cylinder. I've never been overly impressed by an rb25 dyno. 1J dynos look much better, especially with cams.

A .63a/r gt35r or .70a/r s258/259 makes for a great 4k to 7.5k powerband. BIG turbos pushing low boost with a <7000rpm redline isn't cool at all. I like at least 3000rpms of usable powerband.

The first to second shift in a car that makes full boost at 5k with the stock redline must suck balls.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
Alonso

Post by Alonso »

Kfred wrote: The first to second shift in a car that makes full boost at 5k with the stock redline must suck balls.
It didnt for me. I was actually impressed by my T3/T67 H.O. I think the overall setup I was running made a difference tho.

I'm not used to taking it past 7000rpm thats why I never went any further. I have a s13 tach with a 7500rpm redline I'll be swapping in soon to help me a bit.
Billet PTE 6765 divided T4, Nismotronic, Speed density, Coil on plug conversion.

AWS D17.1 certified ;)
Follow me on Instagram: @alonso240
nismoz

Post by nismoz »

turbo2nr wrote:no i love it actually.

i hate the liner pull of a t2 and some t3 turbos, it kinda makes the car feel like a fast na car. idk i like to be hurled back in my seat . i know having a smaller turbo that spools up sooner is more efficent b/c of more useable power, but the big turbos are fun. with the proper gearing and rev limit it should be better.. i always look at the rb for inspiration it must be crazy to have be in a rb with big turbo that makes full boost at 5k and still have a 9k rev limit.

when my motors built i plan and reving to around 8200.. well see what happens
you'll be quiet happy with an 8200rpm rev.kinda like drivin a honda :lol:
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

nismoz wrote:
turbo2nr wrote:
that sounds neck snappin....it doesn't bother you?
that sounds boring as **** actually. haha

i would hate a car with a 1500rpm powerband, then again i would never build a car with that.
turbo2nr

Post by turbo2nr »

hmm its not that bad i see full boost around 4500 in 3rd. but yea once i really build the motor and turbo setup it should be more efficient. id love to have a equal length manifold and a large intake plenum but hopefully all that will come in time.
R.i.p. 97 s14
96 s14 ka-t
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

with cams your power band will increase.. you will spool that turbo faster .. its only a 62 right? you should be spooling quicker then what you are ... my 67 spooled faster then your saying yours does .. but i had cams ...

good luck man .. keep it up ...
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0