slowly pulled on a ss cobalt on 16 psi w a n/a 240.

Street races, kills, losses, etc
boker240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

slowly pulled on a ss cobalt on 16 psi w a n/a 240.

Post by boker240 »

i raced a coworker of mine this afternoon with my n/a 240 that has all the mods on it that are posted in my sig.this is sad beings i have 8.8.1 pistons and runnign 87 octane gas,,,,not to mention all the syncros in my tranny are gone at the moment.he started to catch me at about 80 mph but he was a car and a half behind!!!lol

then he stopped on my street to give me props,,,,we said later and i took of to the house ,,,,he revs it up and drops the clutch and i hear him spin a little then this grinding noise and he doesnt move much.i just go to my apartment and about 2 minutes later he knocks on my door and says,,"dude my car wont go into gear at all,,and i cant go anywhere."mind u im older and he is 21,, so i said lets go look at it u prolly broke the shifter cable.well,,we go look at it and i found that the axle on the drivers side sh*t all the grease out of it and was just spinning when i grabbed it with my hand!!!lol...f*cking youngins.busted the axle.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Damn! That doesn't seem right at all. Surely something was wrong with his car. That, or you have one freaky fast N/A KA.

Good kill regardless. You've got me wanting to race a Cobalt now.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

adamky wrote:Damn! That doesn't seem right at all. Surely something was wrong with his car. That, or you have one freaky fast N/A KA.

Good kill regardless. You've got me wanting to race a Cobalt now.
Nothing special! I raced on with my t28 with my exhaust gasket between mani and turbo blown out. Boosting like 5psi maybe. From a dig, ended up taking him by about 6 cars by 70 or so. Very unimpressed by the cobalt. Either way, I'm curious to see what my NA 240 does against one.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
mjm952
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by mjm952 »

im an actual owner of a cobalt ss/sc. it has its modifications. nothing crazy tho. larger injectors smaller supercharger pulley intake traction upgrades... alot of owners of the cobalt ss are punk kids who mommy and daddy bought them there car and they dont know how to drive it. that being said. i know for a fact the (or mine anyway) will beat a stock 240 and a low boost under 8 psi 240 on a highway(from roll). i do 13.8-13.9 1/4 mile 17#'s and im around 235-240 whp (nothing crazy). last night i pulled a white 240 in the Philadelphia area. not sure what or how he was modded tho. (hopefully he is on this forum and can back me up) im actually currently building a ka-t (hence me being on here) i just dont wanna hear to much hatred on the cobalt ss... modded up they can be pretty nasty. emphasis on pretty, i know they have limitations lol. dont hate. i like my SS :)
SoulGuardian
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoulGuardian »

I doubt a stock NA ka would beat a ss supercharged colbalt in fine working condition... the fastest NA ka I've seen did like 15.2 on the 1/4 mile, and it had quite a list of mods. I'm pretty sure a cobalt SS supercharged is faster, even stock.

Anyway... good thing we can add the "-T" aswell :P
boker240

Post by boker240 »

like i said it was just a second gear pull and only a car or so i pulled on him from a 30 roll.he was starting to catch me at 80.

and yea,i would murder a cobalt ss with my 240 by 10+ cars @ 12 psi.
arias 8.8.1,615 tomie inj.,clevite bearings,arp 10mm hs,z32 maf,jwt ecu,intake butterflies removed,all emissions removed,cx rad. dif dual fan controller,altima dual fans,fidanza fw,stage 3 clutch,solid d shaft,j30 rearend,energy suspension bushings,kyb struts,155 lbs weight reduction.
currently n/a.

He'll probably blow the motor, and then join the army of retards who hate on KA's for no good reason.
mjm952

Post by mjm952 »

you wouldnt "murder" a normal cobalt ss... by normal i mean modded... very rarely will u run into a stock cobalt ss... if u get the supercharged one in a race pending how much boost he is running u will beat it but wont murder... if u get the newer one (turbo) and its modded i wouldnt be so sure on beating it. 340tq in most instances. but the SC one again u will win but not murder. just wanted to clarify :) FWD< RWD in the end i know.
boker240

Post by boker240 »

mjm952 wrote:you wouldnt "murder" a normal cobalt ss... by normal i mean modded... very rarely will u run into a stock cobalt ss... if u get the supercharged one in a race pending how much boost he is running u will beat it but wont murder... if u get the newer one (turbo) and its modded i wouldnt be so sure on beating it. 340tq in most instances. but the SC one again u will win but not murder. just wanted to clarify :) FWD< RWD in the end i know.
it was supercharged and yes turboed i will murder a stock cobalt.stock cobalt ss w/ a sc is only 205bhp/200trque,,,thats not even at the wheels.idk where ur getting this 340tq.maybe on a heavily modded one.the turbo cobalt is only 260bhp,,BHP,so its really like maybe 230 at the wheels.
fyi turboed id get mustangs and gto's with exhaust,intake,headers by 3-4 cars from 30-100 pulls on 15 psi.so on 20 id say its feezable to get a cobalt by 6-8 cars by 100mph and i concider that a murder.
also my 240 is about 300lbs lighter than a cobalt. :lol:
currently n/a.

mjm952

Post by mjm952 »

u wont run into many stock cobalt ss turbo or sc... a turbo one with just a retune and intake runs 340tq (stupid gm) and a modded sc cobalt takes mustanges to (from roll) gto's eh thats not common at all. need meth and shiet to get a gto with supercharger. turbo peeps beat gto's and mustanges all day tho if they are modded... and yeah ok 20psi ok, u will kill mostly anything anyway. didnt know we are talking about 20 psi lol. hopefully one day ill be there. thought we where talking about your NA/ and normal boost.... define normal: idk, u got alot of crazy peeps in here so idk haha the new cobalts are pretty cool. the no lift shifting is pretty awesome.
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

Colbalts suck dick that's just how it is chevy guys!!!!
I was a moron and I got banned!
tom550

Post by tom550 »

hey i didnt notice you were from NM. what city?

o and this thread is a couple months old.
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

Farmington New Mexico is where i reside
torch'd
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by torch'd »

if 15.2 is the best u've seen out of an na s13 u need to look around more :P there are a few of us that have hit 14.9
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....
groundperformance

Post by groundperformance »

Prolly reason you pulled on the guy cause the car was busted.. Cobalt is a fairly decent car with about 205hp. You would have to really failed @ driving to lose to an NA 240 running low comp. You should slap a turbo there already.