Raced my friends stock Evo IX

Street races, kills, losses, etc
Shimiboi
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Raced my friends stock Evo IX

Post by Shimiboi »

Went for a test drive to show one of my friends the fruits of his labor (he helped with the install) and my other friend decided he wanted to see how my car stacked up with his. He doesn't know how to launch his Evo yet so I took advantage of that. Launched at 2k with some wheel hop while he rolled in first off the line. I got the jump and stayed with my rear bumper at his front til about 70 then we hit the next light. Lined up again with the same results. Good to know my car can basically keep up with a stock Evo from a dig :)
'93 S13 Coupe
KA-T (stock internals) -T-25 (oil cooled only) @ 7psi -Q45 370cc Injectors -Stock SR Intake piping and SMIC -AEM Dryflow Cone Filter -CS Intake Manifold Gasket/Spacer -RS Enthalpy Tune -TB Spacer -J30 VLSD -3" Megan Downpipe -Megan bottom mount -3" Test Pipe -2.5" Custom Exhaust -AEM Wideband -Turbosmart Boost Gauge
jaysol92
240sx Wannabe

Post by jaysol92 »

nice man :) fix the wheel hop and launch harder 2k is very low even if you spin a little more i'm pretty sure it will pull a little harder lol evos are great cars but so are 240s ;)
neverlift
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by neverlift »

nice, yeah a slow ka seems to take out the new evo's I did one and didnt realize he was boosted till I was getting off the highway and hew was obligatorily hitting bov. lol

today I did a fake evo
Shimiboi

Post by Shimiboi »

I'm pretty new to the ka-t scene so I'm not too familiar with the power curve yet. What is a decent RPM to launch? Stock KA-t 198k at 7psi on a t25. Also how do you remedy wheel hop? Solid sub frame bushings? Thanks
'93 S13 Coupe
KA-T (stock internals) -T-25 (oil cooled only) @ 7psi -Q45 370cc Injectors -Stock SR Intake piping and SMIC -AEM Dryflow Cone Filter -CS Intake Manifold Gasket/Spacer -RS Enthalpy Tune -TB Spacer -J30 VLSD -3" Megan Downpipe -Megan bottom mount -3" Test Pipe -2.5" Custom Exhaust -AEM Wideband -Turbosmart Boost Gauge
240-kid
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by 240-kid »

^Number of things to take care of that:
- Check your Shocks
- Diff Bushings
- Subframe Bushings
- Engine & Trans Mounts
- Whatever Suspension bushings are left in the back

Many under estimate a KA-T. Even with a under sized T25 it'll still get up and go decently quick for what the setup is. T28 on 10psi is pretty amazing as well despite the still low power numbers. Powerband is just AWESOME!
Shimiboi

Post by Shimiboi »

Coils are still good so far, Diff bushings are new polyurethane, arms are new, need new sub frame bushings are pretty shot. What's a good rpm to launch? 3k?
'93 S13 Coupe
black diamond
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by black diamond »

sounds like some nice runs.