got toy'ed with

Street races, kills, losses, etc
ispypsi
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

got toy'ed with

Post by ispypsi »

my friend just got his supra back up and running and always teases me that while in his state of tune (AEM EMS basemap), he wanted to run with me. his car is built, ITS 76mm dual BB, hks 272 cams, CCW wheels, the works.

we were heading from car show to "spot" to watch people hang out and whatever, and i hear his sexy inline 6 downshift on the local strip (infamous tampa bridge). i figure ill be his huckleberry and give it a whirl. he was on like 10psi and probably low 400s (he told some ricers he put down 350 at the gas station while it idled like a beast lol), and im on 16psi.

about a 40 roll, i hit it about a fender ahead and pull out about a car, into 3rd, and 4th, manage to hold the distance til the top of 4th right past 100, and i hear what i dubbed 'the supra' kick in. yeah i heard him coming and as i shifted into 5th, he reeled me in like a baby fish and proceeded to put trainlengths on me hehehe.

not that interesting but fun as i rarely run people. i missed his dyno tuning session last night, but i know it now rolls with 700+ if not alot more, so needless to say i wont be doing a rematch anytime soon. :P
nissanfanatic
SuperMod

Post by nissanfanatic »

Damn. that sounds like fun! :)
-Cory

2020 Subaru WRX
A long time ago...
https://www.ka-t.org/cory_b.php
Use Linux...
vrmilionzx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by vrmilionzx »

not bad. no shame in that!
arias pistons (8.8:1), pauter rods,
cometic headgasket
garrett t3/4 50 trim
mild p&p, pdm cams, 3" turbo back,
jwt flywheel and ecu, clutch specialties clutch
740cc injectors, ebay fmic,
elec fans, msd, stock vlsd, z32 brakes and mafs, safc2, hks evc 4, Koyo Radiator, protective layer of dirt.
-"stock" s13 dd - Project MPG
modzilla
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by modzilla »

dude.. sometimes i dunno which is better.. beating a car that you thought you might lose to, or getting your a** handed to you by a NASTY car like that and just being able to witness it first hand.. :shock: :D
Bauholzwolf
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Bauholzwolf »

Why not build yours up to compete?
Boost! THE replacement for displacement!
ispypsi
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by ispypsi »

i dunno. to compete with my buddy now, i'd need a good 550+ really. an extra gear would help too ;)

it was all in fun not like i expected much. i rarely race other cars, since my car is so quiet and low key but that's how i like it. plus id rather not risk the consequences of being a dumbass.

building my motor is still a thought, but being the car is my daily driver and the finances arent really there for that, its not a priority. besides i do like having a stout setup on a stock motor, makes it a little more impressive. to be honest ive grown out of it all a little. im actually trying to finish it up as it stands with a few small things. and my brother is selling his SR20 powered s13 coupe and got a new scion tC, so theres alot less car tinkering going on at my house now.