Had to do it - KA-T vs. Civic...

Street races, kills, losses, etc
DarkForceJackal
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Had to do it - KA-T vs. Civic...

Post by DarkForceJackal »

I mean c'mon! I let two guys in an early 90's Civic hatchback get in front of me (I was at 120kmh/70mph on highway) because they were going faster than me...so they cut in front of me and switch to the express lane, flashing their hazards at me. :lol:

So I kind of mentally roll my eyes having a little chuckle and keep them in my vision ahead. They get off at the same exit as me. We end up beside each other at the lights...

Passenger - "How come you didn't race?"
Me - "Gotta be careful out there these days.."

Light goes green and in 1st gear he starts pure gunning the engine, driving right to redline lol...so now being a car-length or so back I decide to finally give 'er a little. So playing around, I lay it down at like 2,000 rpm's in second, and being a T3/T4 my car takes a minute to wake up in 2nd. The turbo spools around 3-3500 and I shift into 3rd at a mere 4,000 RPM's, at this point already a car-length ahead of him (my car was barely breathing lol). Then 3rd, and I lay it down again for a short while. Wow, 3rd felt nice, just totally lunged forward. Suddenly he is bus-lengths behind me, still clearly driving at full. :D

They were laughing/cheering at the next light and so I gave them a "thanks" nod (and of course, tried to race at every consecutive light thereafter lol).

Hope that made sense haha...just thought i'd share even though it's not an exciting "kill" by any means! Especially at only 6 pounds!

But I can't help but enjoy these little moments. :wink:
-- The Jackal
1993 240SX Fastback LE Turbo
ispentallmymoneyontires
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by ispentallmymoneyontires »

ya thats really cool that they were good sports about it in my experience honda boys tend to not be... lol but they probably knew they were gonna get destroyed anyways and just wanted to see by how badly.
There are many paths to Enlightenment: but no one said they can't be taken sideways.
89'hatch rustolum black/96'motor s13 new trans/OBD1 convert/F1 flywheel/DSS steel driveshaft/headers, testpipe, egay N1dual/ JGS poly engine, tranny/ Cory's Coil mod

RIP 480sx
240shorty
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by 240shorty »

Yeah, looks like we're not safe anywhere anymore. The VTAK ricers are everywhere, even Canada.

Just yesterday, I pulled up into Autozone looking for plugs and two 'white trash' skinny high school kids were coming out. As I walked up to the door, I hear one raise his voice and ask, "Hey man... That thing got a VTec ??!?"

I just chuckled and paused for a second, then matter-of-factly replied, "Nah, it's a Nissan brother", and went on my way.

I know it's nothing new, but I am just amazed at the ignorance. I would never walk up to a Mustang owner and ask if it had an LS-1 in it. If you don't know what the hell kind of car you are looking at, why risk the embarrasment? Probably doesn't even know what Vtec does anyhow.

It's good to hear you are doing your part to educate todays youth.

-Steve
vrmilionzx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by vrmilionzx »

the important part is that you didn't get out of control, and race them at every light. that is a recipe for disaster...or a ticket....
well done
arias pistons (8.8:1), pauter rods,
cometic headgasket
garrett t3/4 50 trim
mild p&p, pdm cams, 3" turbo back,
jwt flywheel and ecu, clutch specialties clutch
740cc injectors, ebay fmic,
elec fans, msd, stock vlsd, z32 brakes and mafs, safc2, hks evc 4, Koyo Radiator, protective layer of dirt.
-"stock" s13 dd - Project MPG
s13grady
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by s13grady »

i know how you feel, ive had plenty of expeirences like that with my car at 5 pounds. good clean fun. most of the times people are good sports but there are the asshats out there.
92 s13 ka24det sc61 project.
street trim sleeper