my new '99 Altima 5 speed

Also known as badass Altima's
boroL30altima
NooB

my new '99 Altima 5 speed

Post by boroL30altima »

What's going on, just signed up for this site, got a few questions about these cars

my Altima has 80k miles, 5speed, all the good (if any) on the SE trim.

i'm 19, making 40000 a year, gotta get some descent n/a power. lookin for good exhaust, intakes, plugs, injectors, GOOD clutch, anyone have any ideas
totaled my Regal, just got a 1999 Nissan Altima Se, kapower ftw, you guys gotta help me out, i have the Honda game down to pat, nissan game ain';t very well
TinyT
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TinyT »

you make 40k a year at 19...... you want some advice? sell your lame altima
SquatinS14
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by SquatinS14 »

TinyT wrote:you make 40k a year at 19...... you want some advice? sell your lame altima
LMMFAO!!!!

dude.... WHY THE ***** DO WE CARE ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU MAKE A YEAR???

Ditch the altima and buy a S65 AMG baller...
torch'd
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by torch'd »

40k a year isnt that much... wow

build a kick ass altima... good luck
going fast, i can do that... this going sideways thing is tricky.....
TinyT

Post by TinyT »

at 19 years old? its a good chunk of change...im 20 and made 12k last year, im also a full time student. but with 12k a year i have managed to build a car with a lot of goodies on it. with 40k you could at least start with a car that doesnt look horrendous.
torch'd

Post by torch'd »

lol personla preference i guess... also a fulltime student... made 25k last year going to make maybe 15 this year since i went back to school... and yeah building a racecar on my money sucks but it can happen.
boroL30altima
NooB

Post by boroL30altima »

well, since i don't care about looks, whats some good website for fwd ka24 stuff?
totaled my Regal, just got a 1999 Nissan Altima Se, kapower ftw, you guys gotta help me out, i have the Honda game down to pat, nissan game ain';t very well
torch'd

Post by torch'd »

this is actually one of the better ones ive found. there are some pretty quick and nicely setup cars here... i would forget na thouhg... ka's are nto strong NA motors
boroL30altima
NooB

Post by boroL30altima »

true story. i'm still thinking whether i want to build up this car. or sell it and get a different car...like a 240
94_ka_alti
Learners Permit

Post by 94_ka_alti »

wolf technology has alot of stuff for the fwd ka's umm ,stillen performance if your looking to build for turbo thats the way to go buy a whole new motor to build from scratch the timing chain is a tricky bi*ch lol i have stillen header maf adapter with filter and 2 1/2 cat back and i went 15.6 down the quarter at 204k miles lol, if you want something faster then you will need turbo :/ that gets expensive, but a jwt ecu will handle every thing you need turbo spray or N/A dont get an ebay header tho lol they are ****

so im saying if you want to just pick on honda's then N/A but if you want to get after some v8's go decent size turbo
pac99altima
NooB

Post by pac99altima »

good luck with build!
ultamaflow
Learners Permit

Post by ultamaflow »

if still around & interested I got a injen airfilter kit with heat shield, stillen header with new sensors & a cheater to by pass code wit new flex pipe...pm me
ultamaflow
Learners Permit

Post by ultamaflow »

& purple top sr injectors still fresshhh
DATDATSUN
Learners Permit

Post by DATDATSUN »

wow why are people hating on you. i have an idea for you. if i had the money i would do this r you ready to hear this?

YES IT CAN BE DONE WITH AN SR but this is ka forum so listen

IF U YOU REALLY WANTED A BAD ASS ALTIMA i would make it AWD Ive read that if you get an awd nissan Axxess they come with the sohc ka the trans is interchangable 240sx rear sub frame. build that bih to like 400-450 hp you will be kicking ass and people would never see it coming.just my thought.
wwheres ur torque at?
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

I'm not so much a fan of the way altimas look either, but I like the other aspects of them. They are torquey, have lsd (some), good ride quality, reliable, and decent fuel economy. I'm talking pre-2002 altimas, the newer ones are ****.

I would like to have a mild turbo altima for a daily sleeper.

I would put some exhaust and a cai on it for now and just enjoy the car. In the mean time start saving money to eventually go turbo. Shouldn't take you long since you are a baller according to some people in this thread.
RIP Nate(480sx)...