KA-T Powered Civic

Also known as badass Altima's
PhiseJr
Dreams of owning a 240!

KA-T Powered Civic

Post by PhiseJr »

I'm From New York and i'm an fan of The Tuners and import scene and i go to the meets and all of that but im not a fan of the ever so popular Ricers (civics) not because of the looks or anything but the rep most owner give them. The hype about VTEC and the hatchbacks. An Idea popped into my head last night and its been on my mind since. I Seen a s-14 conversion body kit for the 96-00 Civics and its looks quite nice. And im thinking to swap an FWD KA24DE into to the little Ricer. Turbo and Suspension and Have a little fun with the Car.

Will The KA Fit in the 96-00 Civics ?

I Know the Chassis is Lighter than The 240/Altima So the 2.4 liter will do some Justice.

What do you think about this idea ? worth the time ?

Civic Powered by NISSAN
tom550
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by tom550 »

putting a ka in a civic would be cool
putting a s14 conversion on it would be completely retarded.
PhiseJr
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by PhiseJr »

Its Just For looks thats all its not a HUGE Conversion. But Of course ones Opinion is there opinion. Would the Transmission and Everything fit properly being that the Altima is a larger vehicle ?
ryan987
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by ryan987 »

with time and money anything is possible. you would most likely need to make custom engine and transmission mounts and possibly shorter axles depending on the way it lines up. your best bet would be to drop the entire front setup out of the alti and plop the civic on top of it. along with the motor you would need to rewire the ecu to run the civic cluster and also make your own harness probably if i am correct. other than that i dont see why it couldnt work good luck if you decide to do this...

oh btw the alti looks pretty sick dropped a little with some nice rims and a simple lip toss in a turbo and no one would know what hit them,
240drew
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240drew »

Ok, I rarely get on Ka-t any more seeing as I don't own a 240 at this time (though im in the market.)
But for this post I will say something, Namely don't patronize Honda support nissan. On the topic of power the last thing we want is to make people think they are actually capable of putting out torque, secondly body conversions cross make are ghey< spelled with and HE be cause its that bad.
I mean what would you say to Adriana Lima swapping for snooki's face....

My Point: is its a bad idea unless snooki was killed in the process (still bitter sweet)
A. because I have nothing to do anymore while i'm alone at 3 in the morning
B. its just a bad idea.
Cars
1996 240sx KAt28- Sold
1992 240sx RB20- Sold
1995 240sx RB25neo- Sold
1993 240sx 2jzgte- Sold
Current:
2006 Toyota Tundra
1995 240sx 2jzgte BWs366
tom550

Post by tom550 »

i dont know how the engine will fit. but what would be cool would be to freek people out and do a 240sx ka24de conversion and make it RWD.

also just forget about the s14 conversion.
if i saw that i would key the car, smash in the windows, key again, cut tires, key again, take a **** on the roof, spray paint all over it, then get in a truck and total it. then wait for the guy to slap him.
itwillboost

Post by itwillboost »

It could definitely be done it's just a matter of can you do. It would require alot of fabracition work. If you can drop a g23 of relativity the same size you can drop in a ka.
PhiseJr
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by PhiseJr »

tom550 wrote:i dont know how the engine will fit. but what would be cool would be to freek people out and do a 240sx ka24de conversion and make it RWD.

also just forget about the s14 conversion.
if i saw that i would key the car, smash in the windows, key again, cut tires, key again, take a **** on the roof, spray paint all over it, then get in a truck and total it. then wait for the guy to slap him.
Thats Not Nice. If i Did that and you end up Slapping me ? you better Be Swift :lol: Actually Seen the body kit for it and its Looks Good it doesn't look out of place or stupid like most Civic conversions. And I dont know who Snooki is.

But i Seen on another Forum that someone was planning to Do a KA24DE RWD Civic and someone made a good point why all that work to make the car RWD to put a Cheap KA in it ? better off with the an RB or a 2JZ.

Thats my whole reason to keep the FWD KA24 instead. Not saying it will be Cheap. But its Much Cheaper than a RWD conversion.

And to the guy with the Altima tips. My bro handed his down to me back when i was 18. I took no initiative to even get the car registered. Im not a Fan of 4 Doors at all. But I seen a Few Altimas Tuned and Low they are really Nice. But I like Keeping it 2 foor Unless i shave the Rear Doors
eddieflo
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by eddieflo »

Putting Nissan body parts on a civic will NOT make for better looks. It's blasphemy... not to mention ricer as hell.
ayoblack
Learners Permit

Post by ayoblack »

tom550 wrote:putting a ka in a civic would be cool
putting a s14 conversion on it would be completely retarded.
agreed hahaha
kjones
240sx Wannabe

Post by kjones »

eddieflo wrote:Putting Nissan body parts on a civic will NOT make for better looks. It's blasphemy... not to mention ricer as hell.
Well said!!!!
fos240

Post by fos240 »

iirc there is a kit on market to put a s14 front end on a honda. has conversion fenders. a bolt on affair.
kjones
240sx Wannabe

Post by kjones »

fos240 wrote:iirc there is a kit on market to put a s14 front end on a honda. has conversion fenders. a bolt on affair.
I'd like to see it for the chuckle factor
hotlavaflow
240sx Wannabe

Post by hotlavaflow »

kjones wrote:
fos240 wrote:iirc there is a kit on market to put a s14 front end on a honda. has conversion fenders. a bolt on affair.
I'd like to see it for the chuckle factor
I was just gonna say that. I see no reason why you cant drop the KA in the EK but the kit just sounds like a bad idea. Any bodykit on a Civic is a bad idea. Just add a lip and drop.
14psi for now...
tom550

Post by tom550 »

really if your going to do a conversion that far off, just go buy the other car.

conversions like s13.5 are a little crazy for me. but they are way better than going into another car. at least its the same platform. sil80 is as far as i would go. but s13.4 is not bad.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

In trinidad, there are some integras and civics with sr20 fwd daily driven. This is done in Jamaica and Thailand. You can do anything you want if you put your mind to it.

Some conversions look g@y as balls but others are smooth. I like the r35 kit for the z33.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=sr20+civic

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=integra+drift

12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
katrecipe
**BANNED**

Post by katrecipe »

How about a FWD KA into a NX2000 that has a tired old SR20DE i want to maybe do this??? What are your guys thoughts easy? hard? expensive?
I was a moron and I got banned!
DjayS12

Post by DjayS12 »

I don't think anybody have never done this exact swap. Your best way to find out how it fits will be to find an altima with a KA24 and compare both. Check the position of the steering component, axles, dimensions of both engine/tranny, position of the accessories.

It will give you a solid idea on how much fabrication you need. If it's just some custom engine mount and a custom exhaust manifold, it's not really a big deal.

Or you could sell the civic and get a S14, you'll already have the KA24DE, the rwd drivetrain and the S14 front end! :wink:
blackwdl
Learners Permit

Post by blackwdl »

It would be the first honda with tourqe!
1993 Nissan Altima SE - KA24DE-T
1991 Geo Storm
1990 Ford Ranger

PhiseJr
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by PhiseJr »

blackwdl wrote:It would be the first honda with tourqe!
My Point ! +1
Kfred

Post by Kfred »

I realize this thread is old, but i have to make a comment.

A b18c with only pistons and rods can easily make 500whp at 20-25psi. That is really damn impressive for the displacement. The ka24de is nowhere near as efficient or impressive as any dohc vtec honda motor.

The powerband is also great if you have a proper transmission and final drive. 5k-8.5k is a hell of a powerband. They are very fun to drive balls out, they never stop pulling.

The only thing i don't like about hondas is the fwd traction issues, and extreme ricer attention.

A ka24de in a civic would be dumb.
RIP Nate(480sx)...
PhiseJr
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by PhiseJr »

Kfred wrote:
NO you would be Dumb. .... I Kid, i Kid :-P

Well I Don't Know much About the Hondas. And Where I Live In NY im 1 of Like 3 S13's. Everyone else is all honda Heads Screaming out VTEC VTEC. Sometime they try to influence me with Ricer tips like Doing a RHD Swap and getting a body kit. or Just Dropping in an LS Motor and going "all Motor" They Don't Understand that Boost is the way to go.
DATDATSUN
Learners Permit

Post by DATDATSUN »

Kfred wrote:I realize this thread is old, but i have to make a comment.

A b18c with only pistons and rods can easily make 500whp at 20-25psi. That is really damn impressive for the displacement. The ka24de is nowhere near as efficient or impressive as any dohc vtec honda motor.

The powerband is also great if you have a proper transmission and final drive. 5k-8.5k is a hell of a powerband. They are very fun to drive balls out, they never stop pulling.

The only thing i don't like about hondas is the fwd traction issues, and extreme ricer attention.

was tryin to say that ka with piston/rods and 20-25psi would make good power and alot more torque
wwheres ur torque at?
PhiseJr
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by PhiseJr »

Well I Have a Spare Single Cam that I plan on using for a project motor. I heard the altima 5 Spd Transmission bolts right on to the single. I want to Know If anyone can confirm this. Once i get the tranny and a civic shell ill get it running then see what else i should do to the motor.
itwillboost

Post by itwillboost »

PhiseJr wrote:Well I Have a Spare Single Cam that I plan on using for a project motor. I heard the altima 5 Spd Transmission bolts right on to the single. I want to Know If anyone can confirm this. Once i get the tranny and a civic shell ill get it running then see what else i should do to the motor.
No one has ever done it but if you need a shop let me know. I know a guy who is excellent in Ny and know these 2 engines better than most.