SE tranny needed in VA area

Also known as badass Altima's
GXE Altima
Learners Permit

SE tranny needed in VA area

Post by GXE Altima »

Hello all. I'm stationed in norfolk, va and was just wondering if anyone is in the area who is willing to sell a good condition SE 5 speed. I found a pick 'n' pull which have a few 5 speeds, but no SE altimas. Thank you :)
KA24DE- Kicks Ass 24 hours a Day, Everyday. 1995 Altima GXE hoping to put in a LSD tranny and boost it soon.
JOELELDRIVER
NooB

Re: SE tranny needed in VA area

Post by JOELELDRIVER »

hey am also seeking a 5 speed tranny with all the pedals ,and etc., to make my automatic altima gle a 5speed/manual . PM me with any info...thank you.
drunknmunky
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by drunknmunky »

those tranny's are few and far between. the car is so old, a lot of them are gone.

good luck!
GXE Altima
Learners Permit

Post by GXE Altima »

Yeah i figured. I just found an ob2 tranny. Sucks I had to drill a hole for the crank pos. Sensor. I did find out the the axle support on the block is different from the manual and auto.
KA24DE- Kicks Ass 24 hours a Day, Everyday. 1995 Altima GXE hoping to put in a LSD tranny and boost it soon.
drunknmunky
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by drunknmunky »

yes, the axle lengths might also be different, but maybe i'm wrong.
GXE Altima
Learners Permit

Post by GXE Altima »

Well the issue I've had is my passenger axle always leaked for about three years so this the bearing cover for the input shaft broke offering no support for since the bearings free spun. I got another 5 speed still leaked so I've replaced the passenger seal about 8times within a month. Called up my friend at Nissan (parts guy) looked at the part # and they where different so I got another axle support but it still leaks.could be the axles. They are part store axles but they are for a 5 speed non abs.
Altima-DET
240sx Wannabe

Post by Altima-DET »

if you continue to have issues with your trans...... the manual trans out of a Maxima of the same years will also work in our cars. The bell housing is the same, so don't get hung up on the fact it's a V6 vs our 4cyl..... same axles and everything.

as far s the comment about the location of the passenger axle carrier bearing being located differently..... I'm not sure where you heard that. I posted my Auto to Manual swap on here back in 2007. I'm using the same carrier housing off my Auto axle with the manual axle. Lines up perfectly and no issues with leaking or position. I've been putting 300+whp thru them without issues for years.....
GXE Altima
Learners Permit

Post by GXE Altima »

Hey, thanks for the info! About the carrier housings, I just asked my friends to verify the part numbers and they where different. But idk, Maybe I'm just having a weird issue with mine. I just checked it after driving from VA to CA and there's residual fluid (it is tranny fluid) all over the bell housing, like it's still coming from the passenger side axle, but then I checked the fill plug, and the fluid is still up full capacity.
Altima-DET
240sx Wannabe

Post by Altima-DET »

If its just the seal that needs replacing then it will cost you $15 and an hour's time. That's the only reason it would leak.
GXE Altima
Learners Permit

Post by GXE Altima »

Lol, the thing is, I've replaced the seal about 8 times within a month. I even exchanged the axle with another one at the parts store. I'm sure the carrier housing had something to do with it originally seeing as how with the original one, I could actually see a gap between the seal and the axle, like the axle was being pushed further back then it should have been. I'd like to think it could be the transmission itself, but my first one did the same thing. /sigh (^^;)
Altima-DET
240sx Wannabe

Post by Altima-DET »

There's no way its your carrier housing. As I stated they are the same bracket whether its auto or manual. The only thing that changes are the axles and the length. Sound like you have a larger issue at hand