Altima Update...

Also known as badass Altima's
BrassketCase
Learners Permit

Altima Update...

Post by BrassketCase »

Hey guys, been a while, but I finally got my Alti running again. It's not boosted yet, but it's getting there.

Work done so far: rebuilt the motor with ARP head studs, Wiseco forged 9.0:1 pistons, Eagle H-beams, new Clevite bearings, Cometic MLS HG. Also done was a mild port and polish on the exhaust ports, and a 5 angle valve job. Goes without saying, head and deck were planed, block hot tanked etc...also, I did the window urethane injection mod in the motor mounts. I've honestly tried to look EVERYWHERE for a performance motor mount for this car, and the only one I found (Place Racing) is (was) made by a company that went under some time ago, so no dice there. The urethane is a nice feel, only slightly more cabin noise and vibration than normal, and it feels nice and solid. Also did a $10 strut tower brace from ebay---works just fine, car feels more solid on turn-in, but I know I'll see more of a difference with a coilover setup. I'm just a few ticks under 700 miles at the time this is written, and no major problems so far---so nice to own a vehicle that doesn't leak anything! Only issue I'm having is I need to give it gas to get it started and rev it a lil bit till it warms up, then it idles about 1200---high, for sure, but I need to look into the IAC/AAC and see if I can fiddle with that and loosen the throttle cable back down. Pics to come soon!
"I found a turbo bearing in the oil pan. Is that bad?"---Mike Welch, Road Race Engineering
Fstrsn
NooB

Post by Fstrsn »

If you're still interested in motor mounts, or any other bushings look up Red Lion over on NissanClub. He has nylatron which is harder than poly but less rigid than aluminum and full out aluminum inserts and can make just about any bushing you could possibly want.