p00t's long winded journal from the beginning of time

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
NukeKS14
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Re: p00t's long winded journal from the beginning of time

Post by NukeKS14 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 pm

Love it! I am building an S14 to replace my 1LE for track duty. Happy to see others pursuing a KA-T for something besides drift. :music-deathmetal:

p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Re: p00t's long winded journal from the beginning of time

Post by p00t » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:29 pm

Another track day at Waterford Hills in June. Only difference since last time was an oil restrictor added to the turbo to help with my sputtering issue which I think is oil related. There was an improvement so I am more confident I am after the right culprit. I ran the same oil as last time which is definitely overfilled. So before next session I will make sure to fill to the lowest line when I change the oil. I hear others under fill to help with that which I am apprehensive about. So maybe I can make "minimum" work for me.

My favorite shot of the day:

My favorite "off" of the day (actually the only one):
Yes I still have the stock steering wheel.... Yes I am growing tired of the weird way I have to hold it... this might be remedied in the somewhat near future.

Fastest lap of the day (~5 seconds improvement from my first day here):
VIDEO

I could not trail brake into any turn because my rears are locking up bad. I am going to try a Wilwood adjustable valve in the rear circuit and see if I can get an improvement. This is the main reason for the off in my first session (and a lot of tire smoke for a few laps before). They actually penalty boxed me because they thought I had an oil leak which was causing the "show". Nope just someone consciously ignoring the limitations of his car...

The cars handling is pretty "easy" right now. I haven't made any tweaks to my suspension settings. Mostly driver improvements for now.
Current Experiment: APS SR56, Methanol Injection, & Built Block