Swedish KA-T *Now with new Bosch 2200cc EV14 injectors* :-D

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
ChicagoS14T
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by ChicagoS14T »

I can pretty much try to get you everything except the intake manifold (unless you need it) and the oil pan. Do you need those? I seperated the head from the block so its easier to fit in the trunk of the S500. I want to pull the oil pan off as well as it will be easier to fit the block in the trunk that way. Ill take pics of whats on it and what I took off. Email me for the quickest response:

sostech@gmail.com
1995 IAP kit: 210whp @ 5psi - SOLD
1JZGTE swap soon
1990 SOHC Auto - parting out
www.240sxguide.com
Niclas_AB
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Niclas_AB »

ChicagoS14T: Will e-mail you later today so we can plan things a little bit.

My MSD DIS 4 has arrived, but my supplier screwed up a bit and I got the less powerfull version :( I don't know how long it would take for him to get a new one, how much power do you think it can handle?

Nothing new has happend but maybe you would like to se another pic:
The turbo does look nice there, doesn't it? :D
wcbjr

Post by wcbjr »

How is hood clearance?
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

Hood clearance is not so good :lol: But not so bad either, tried to put the hood on and close it. There was about 1inch missing in the front of the hood, so hopefully i will be fine with some minor adjustments to the hood. Raise it a little in the back and maybe cut away a little of the support underneath the hood.
In worst case I'll have to make a little scoop, no big issue.
KApowerd
Learners Permit

Post by KApowerd »

dam that is a awesome setup...g/l with it
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

Today I went to buy new spark plugs, they didn't have NGK. So I went with bosch, not what I wanted but the seller siad this was a new version where they had fixed alot of the issues they had with the old ones. Probably just selling B.S. but I thought I give them a try.
A nice thing with them is they have the "screw of top", so they fit the honda cbr coils :D
Thought I should share that info with you guys. But now I discovered that I forgot them in the car so I will fill in the exact number later.
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

bosch = junk .. order some NGK or Denso ... if ya need i can buy some and ship em to ya ...

i have some denso iridiums with "screw on tops" and they fit the f4i coils well .. but i have had issues with bosch back in the day fouling out on me under a decent load ...
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

Yeah I will get some NGK when it's time to run some boost, but for startup I think the bosch will work fine.

Here's a little update then.

I finally finished the exhaust manifold. And here's a picture of the wastegate tubes that was the last thing to go on. The pipes are divided al the way to the wastegate.

I also mounted the ignition coils and the harness.

And wired the harness to the MSD DIS 4. First I was planning to have it underneath the passenger seat but there wasn't enaugh space. So it went in her instead :D
Probably have to mount a fan if I want to be able to close the topp of the armrest.
But I like how stealthy it will look :D I guess some will like it and some not.
hotrodstu77

Post by hotrodstu77 »

i like it but i dont at the same time. it seems impracticle. if you can find a cleaner way to mount it where itwill be properly cooled andstill retain a way to put stuff in the armrest then ill like it better lol. but good lookin build. NGK= better for boost. im NA right now but using V power NGKs and they work fine. the plugs i pulled out of it just so happened to be the same lol.
Crazy about the KA
mod list so far:cold air, clutchmasters twin friction, nismo clutch master, short throw, VLSD, 3" ebay exhuast, SSAC mani, .42/.48 garret t3, FMIC, Tein prings, Tokico Blue struts
The Nissan 240sx: It's a lot of sports car, but you can handle it.
Canadians are born drifters!
Dodge Cummins vs. Ford Powerstroke= I'd rather be cummin then strokin
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

nic ~ i must not have read it fully sorry ... i thought you were ready for boost and thats why i made my comment ... since it is just for start up and slight driving bosch is ok ... good luck with everything ...
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

I only end up filling the armrest and glove box with junk anyway, so for me it will only be nice :lol: One nice thing is that I still will have full acess to the adjustment switches and LED lights on the MSD. Al I need to do is take away the ashtray.

I hope to be able to start it up real soon, 2-3weeks at most. It's really exciting to be able to start her up for the first time in like 2years.

Another guy here in sweden just finnished his build like a month ago, he put in a BMW M5 3.6l engine and turboed it with a GT45. He made 595whp at 10psi and 553 torque.
Even tho I think It's a bit sad that it isn't powered with a nissan engine anymore, it's a really nice build :D
hotrodstu77

Post by hotrodstu77 »

ya that sounds sick! i cant wait to fire mine up once its turbo'd shouldntbe long.
Crazy about the KA
mod list so far:cold air, clutchmasters twin friction, nismo clutch master, short throw, VLSD, 3" ebay exhuast, SSAC mani, .42/.48 garret t3, FMIC, Tein prings, Tokico Blue struts
The Nissan 240sx: It's a lot of sports car, but you can handle it.
Canadians are born drifters!
Dodge Cummins vs. Ford Powerstroke= I'd rather be cummin then strokin
lov2xlr8
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by lov2xlr8 »

congrats on the build its coming along nicely. make sure to get the first start up on film and post it here

off-topic: got any website so i can take a look at that beemer powered 240? :lol:
OmegaS13
240sx Wannabe

Post by OmegaS13 »

The build looks amazing but I must agree with hotrod, i believe that the box has to be cooled properly because i believe that excessive heat will cause serious damage to it....I know because a good friend of mind had one in his camaro and it didnt get proper cooling and overheated, thus in turn killing the unit....
If NISMO stands for NISsan MOtorsports does HOMO stand for HOnda MOtorsports??
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

Here is some pictures of the beemer build, but it's only in swedish.
http://200sx.kicks-ass.net/aslot/
There are also some movies on youtube..
nelson240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by nelson240sx »

Niclas_AB wrote:Here is some pictures of the beemer build, but it's only in swedish.
http://200sx.kicks-ass.net/aslot/
There are also some movies on youtube..
Found the videos

viewtopic.php?p=266214#266214
KA24E-T 06/06 to 10/09 (T25 then H1C Holset) - sold
KA24DE-T 12/09 to 10/11 (T4/TO4E) - sold
KA24DE-T 11/14 to 8/15 (T4/TO4S BB) - sold
SR20DE-T exo-car build 06/13 to 3/16 (EFR6758)
^ now VH45DE-T 6/16 to 10/21 (Billet T04S BB)
^now KA24DE-T 1/22 to current (EFR 7163)
Miata 1.8 turbo 9/15 to 3/17 (VF39) - sold
KA24DE-T build 8/17 to 4/19 (EFR6758) - sold
12.6:1 Turbo KA-T 4/19 to 7/21 (EFR7163) - sold
wcbjr

Post by wcbjr »

Not to start a flame war or anything, but a beemer is a motorcycle. A bimmer is a car.
julienmark

Post by julienmark »

No a Beemer is a car,
wcbjr

Post by wcbjr »

Culture
The term "Beemer" started as an acronym for the abbreviation "BMW," adapted from the early-20th century British pronunciation of BSA (as /ˈbisə/ or /ˈbizə/), whose motorcycles were often racing BMWs. Over time, the term became closely associated with BMW motorcycles.

In the United States, the term "Bimmer" was later coined to refer (exclusively) to BMW automobiles. As such, use of the word "Beemer" to refer to a BMW automobile is frowned upon by some BMW enthusiasts,[5] because it is the term used for motorcycles. Although the distinction is completely arbitrary, to this day, the media, movies, and most people still use the term "Beemer" to refer to the automobiles.

The initials BMW are pronounced [beː ɛm ˈveː] in German. The model series are referred to as "Dreier" ("Three-er" for 3 series), "Fünfer" ("Five-er" for the 5 series), "Sechser" ("Six-er" for the 6 series), "Siebener" ("Seven-er" for the 7 series).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW
SleepyS-14
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by SleepyS-14 »

Yet another reason that BMW owners are in a class all by themselves.
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of lifes problems.

SOHC S-14...
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

"Huston, we have a problem!"
Had a bad weekend last week, everything went nice until it was time to test the ignition.
Can't get any spark. The MSD DIS4 seem to be working as it should, did the test by grounding a signal wire and the I get a spark. but when it's hooked up to the standalone nothing happens. Didn't have time to do so much investigation why but there are not so many options. The standalone also picks up an rpm signal of about 150-200rpm when i crank the startengine so that seems about right i think.
So either I have the software setup wrong or the wiring( only did a quick check of it ) or something is broken.
Either way it seems I'm not getting any signal from the standalone, or maybe the wrong type of signal? wonder if thats possible.....
anyways, just wanted to share my dissepointment of it not firing up. :cry:
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

It's alive :D :D :D
Finally I got it running after a lot of problems with the ignition pickup, MSD DIS 4, ECU, injectors etc....
Still runs like crap but I think/hope it only needs some adjustment.

First problem was that I hadn't read and understood enough about the standalone ECU, turns out I only can run wastefire with it. The strange thing is that it has 4 ignition outputs but they are only going to be activated if your running a 8cylinder engine.
If you have a 4 cylinder engine you only have 2 ignition outputs active.
This isn't good at al as the DIS 4 needs 4 signals, for now I only run 2 channels on the DIS 4, but I have bought a used DIS 2 that I'm going to using instead.
When I finaly got spark It was jumping around al over the place, turns out the signal from the CAS was just a little bit weaker than the standalone liked. It wants a 0-5v signal and I only got like 0-3v, wich it detected sometimes and sometimes not.
Then when I had figured that out I began to test the injectors, and of course 1 was dead(was not happy at this time as they are supposed to be brand new) but I tried putting it in gasoline for a couple of hours and it actually worked :D.

So I'm hoping that maybe I can take it for a test drive next weekend.

I haven't been so good on taking pictures lataly but I'll try to do it next weekend.
nelson240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by nelson240sx »

glad to hear some good news. Hope you get the small bugs worked out so you can have some fun with it. :D
KA24E-T 06/06 to 10/09 (T25 then H1C Holset) - sold
KA24DE-T 12/09 to 10/11 (T4/TO4E) - sold
KA24DE-T 11/14 to 8/15 (T4/TO4S BB) - sold
SR20DE-T exo-car build 06/13 to 3/16 (EFR6758)
^ now VH45DE-T 6/16 to 10/21 (Billet T04S BB)
^now KA24DE-T 1/22 to current (EFR 7163)
Miata 1.8 turbo 9/15 to 3/17 (VF39) - sold
KA24DE-T build 8/17 to 4/19 (EFR6758) - sold
12.6:1 Turbo KA-T 4/19 to 7/21 (EFR7163) - sold
Drift Machine
240sx Wannabe

Post by Drift Machine »

This thing is ***** gorgeous, can't wait to see what numbers it puts out.
Finally going to re-do this project!
S13 KA24DE-T: BikiRom, 370cc injectors, T3/TO4E, 6 PSI, 220 whp, 220 tq

2008 Audi A3
2005 Nissan Frontier NISMO
1989 Kawasaki 650SX: a mess of mods, needs paint

RIP
2004 WRX Wagon: my daily baby
1996 Kawasaki ZX-6R: rat bike, -1 +4 sprockets
1996 Sea-Doo GTX: stock, 50 mph, needs nothing... except a new motor.. KABOOM!
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

Well, unfortunally it will be a while before I can even try to put down some numbers. Last weekend I finally figured out that one of the honda CBR coils where broken :cry:
I ordered some new from ebay on tuesday but I think it will take atleast 2weeks before I have them. So for the moment I can't do so much at al.
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

Hi al :D
Just wanted to report that I finally got the car running :lol: only tok me about 2years.
Today I did the first testing/mapping on the street. Had a few misshapps during the day but nothing major. Boost is set to about 9psi for now.
Will be back next week with some more info on how things are going, now i'm going to have a couple of days vacation :D
ChicagoS14T

Post by ChicagoS14T »

Good to hear! Welcome back on the forum!
1995 IAP kit: 210whp @ 5psi - SOLD
1JZGTE swap soon
1990 SOHC Auto - parting out
www.240sxguide.com
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

Hi ChicagoS14T thanks for the welcome! I'm really glad to be back on track again, think I've had enough problems for a while now.

If anyone running on E85 would care to share their sparkmap it would be really nice.
I'm currently running 23degrees at 9psi, seems to be fine :D but I don't know how much higher I could go?
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

No sparkmaps?
I have been logging a bit atleast, it was done in third gear.
I have 9psi at almost exaktly 4000rpm and then it creeps up to about 11psi at 6200rpm where I let of. Bye then the injector duty cycle was 70% at lambda 0.82.
Niclas_AB

Post by Niclas_AB »

Some news then :D
Have put everything back together and also hooked up the tachometer. Went for some testdriving but haven't been able to map for the higher boost yet. But al I can say is WOW, big differense!

At about 4000rpm the boost just explodes and i had to let of at 1 bar. According to the logg I have 0,8bar just before 3500rpm in 5th gear, I'm really impressed with this turbo.

Traction is beginning to be a bit of a problem I get wheelspin in third gear now, luckely I have found some new wider wheels but I have to convert to 5-bolt first.