Cut Bumper with Oil and Power Steering Coolers( Suck it 56K)

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
Lance
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Cut Bumper with Oil and Power Steering Coolers( Suck it 56K)

Post by Lance »

Here's my latest finished projects. Due to my coolant temps with no oil cooler at my last lapping day, a change was needed if I wanted to beat on the car all day and have peace of mind.

First the coolers
For oil I decided to use a stock FC RX-7 oil cooler because of the size and wide use by many other road racers and it was available from a local junkyard. From some measuring it comes out to be 202ci, which is pretty big in comparison to other stock coolers and most aftermarket ones.
All fitting are Russell and lines are -10 stainless

Time to cut and fit the oil cooler. The best place to mount it would be directly behind the bumper support above my intercooler. I wanted to keep the bumper support because the car is still daily driven and wanted to cut it in a way to serve as ducting.

Now the oil cooler in place

top view

My two longest lines, third short line was already in place

Relocation placement

Lines to block adaptor

I decided to use a Hayden four row transmission cooler for my power steering
Here it is in placed infront of the radiator

Since I have a JGS kit and no PS relocation bracket I had the resivour ziptied to my intercooler pipe and 2in from the compressor housing = not good. So I went ahead and moved it to the corner of the engine bay by the clutch master cylinder.

The cut bumper with everything done

Completed

We are having a track day on the 30th and hopefull my temps will be more stable then the last event.

Enjoy
Justin L
240sx Wannabe

Post by Justin L »

that looks really good man. I love your set up.
dopeassjackson
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by dopeassjackson »

all this to an automatic? wheres your clutch MC? you should renforce your bumper support. looks like it will work flawlessly tho.
rebuilt KA24E, port and polish, secondaries removed, stage3 clutch, fidanza flywheel, JGS MM, 3inch cat back with high flow cat, cherry bomb vortex muffler, B&M short shifter,ST sways,nismo brase
KA24ET RB20 turbo, 460cc
Sidewayzzz
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by Sidewayzzz »

dopeassjackson wrote:all this to an automatic? wheres your clutch MC?
If you look really hard, you can see the top of the cap, he took a weird angle photo but its a manual and if you read the text he says "Next to the clutch MC"
Lance

Post by Lance »

Yeah it's a manual, just a weird angle picture but you can see the cap and the hardline too. I planned on reinforcing the support but I'm not sure how much longer this will be a daily driver. Once it isn't she's getting completely gutted.
8-bit
SuperMod

Post by 8-bit »

looks great man! just don't run straight into anything or your IC/Cooler/Radiator are gonna eat the blow for sure....

Thanks for the FC oil cooler idea.
http://www.areasoundmusic.com

*Nistune/Calum ECU tuning advisor

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Emance is now using an alias as ECUTUNERGUY and REFLASHPROS. Spread the word.
jrivera

Post by jrivera »

Looks good.
"All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don't break 'em for no one..."
nlzmo400r

Post by nlzmo400r »

Lance wrote:Yeah it's a manual, just a weird angle picture but you can see the cap and the hardline too. I planned on reinforcing the support but I'm not sure how much longer this will be a daily driver. Once it isn't she's getting completely gutted.
join the club, gut dat bi*ch! I like your relocating power steering idea alot, I may have to do the same if this setup works well this weekend.
'my drinking team has a racing problem'

13.213 @ 108.72mph gt32- .6bar/ 13.81@ 102.5mph stock z33
Lance

Post by Lance »

Just to show a front view