More pictures, more stuff

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
rusted_s14
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by rusted_s14 »

I'm basically done with the engine, just waiting to get the rest of my fuel stuff (FPR and pump), and instead of running those Precision injectors (one wasn't machined right or something) I'm debating on sticking with sidefeed style injectors which i could get a killer deal of deachworks 560CC injectors from a friend or to use the 450CC DSM injectors Ifound in the shed with the Project NIssan fuel rail I have already purchased (problem with this however, is I need to get FPR) i've gotta wire up the injector clips and resistor box too which won't be a problem.

Exterior needs some minor things done, no biggie; I bought ebay mirrors thinking they didn't look too bad, they don't but i can't seem to sacrifice the foldability and power option of the OEM. I still have to fix the VIS doo doo one layer Invader hood i got from a friend. Of course, getting a front bumper and proper paint on the kit; sideskirts especially. Maybe it's time for a color change? :roll:

I also changed my wheel color again, sort of plain i liked the white better but they were difficult to keep clean :(

TanManS14
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TanManS14 »

Instead of reparing the hood, get a stock one, :). And instead of painting the sideskirts, take em off. Your car looks the best in stock form, seriously. Only body mods IMO should be kouki sides, and SE lip, and paint the fn's again... black lol.
It's always broken.
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

Well, I had Kouki sides but I traded them for the Uras sides and back. And I recently scored an SE lip for FREE!! So stock is looking good right now, but doesn't everybody like to see fiberglass shatter into pieces when I attempt a dirt drop? I think so.
insanitykouki
240sx Wannabe

Post by insanitykouki »

very nice, that is the exact carbon hood i want, minus the scratches!!! im diggin the car man keep it up, crazy how you got those wheels flush... good roll!
1998 Nissan 240sx SE: T3/T04E .50trim 63a/r turbo, JGS top mount manifold, JGS wastegate, JGS dump/IC piping, ebay intercooler, EFI ECU, Perrin BOV, JWT Cams, EnjukuRacing driveshaft, Fidanza flywheel, ACT 6-puck clutch, KYB GR2 shocks, Aluminum underdrive pulley, Walbro pump, Tein S-Tech lowering springs, Blitz Nur Spec-R Catback, B&M Short Shifter, 350z rims + falken azenis, Tein Tie rods/ends, AEM Tru-Boost, Greddy Downpipe, BattleVersion RUCAs, KAAZ LSD.
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

that looks like slideshows hood all messed up like that .. yall trade or something .??? lol nice work man .. oem sides with oem lip and rear zenki valences FTW .. but thats my opinion .. good work ...
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

^ It is, i'm just gonna fill it and reinforce the skeleton, then color match it with the car; main reason i went for the hood is because of the reduction of the weight, 240 hoods are stupid heavy.
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

Update:

I got my car "running" but I'm gonna have to get it to Houston to get a proper ECU Q-Tune. But I'm running DSM 450CC injectors which had required me to install the resistor box; so installing my injectors once I got to Houston was out of the question. I bought an Apex'i SAFC II for cheap from one of my buddies so I can do a "temporary tune" until I have the extra cash for the proper tune. But the problem is I have no wideband.

My setup consists of :

Turbo- Greddy TD06-18G
Manifold/Intercooler- Ebay, atmospheric old school HKS BOV
Fuel- Project Nissan fuel rail, Sard FPR with marshall gauge, 450CC DSM low impedence injector, Honda CRX resistor box, Warlbro 255 fuel pump

Fuel pressure is also set-up at 34 psi
Also running BKR7E plugs gapped at .030

I also have a Z32 Maf waiting to be put on

This is the setting I have on my SAFC right now:

Lo throttle- -40% across 1000-7600 RPM
Hi throttle- -20/-21% across 1000-7600RPM

THR point- Lo 20% Hi 40%

Dec. setting- THR 2.0%
Ne1 1.5%
Ne2 2.5%

I believe i have the thing set at Hotwire 5 in 5 out 1in 1 out with the stock maf.

What are the "NE-Point" setting for?

With the settings I currently have it seems as if it is fouling out my spark plugs and it does smell an awful lot like fuel. Anyone have any settting i'd be able to try?
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

Under coat lining goodness

Car is down again, giving me too many problems :(
TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

try taking 50 percent correction on low and see what that does for ya.
It's always broken.
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

I took care of the tuning part already but just the other day my car started blowing a **** of white smoke out; So the last two days i've been working on it to find the culprit and I THINK i narrowed it down to the turbo, it looks cracked by the wastegate flapper internally, i'm sure this can cause massive smoke and cause my car to stall; So i'm back to NA again until i find a solution to this :(
hotrodstu77
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by hotrodstu77 »

i hope your trunk is vented for that battery
Crazy about the KA
mod list so far:cold air, clutchmasters twin friction, nismo clutch master, short throw, VLSD, 3" ebay exhuast, SSAC mani, .42/.48 garret t3, FMIC, Tein prings, Tokico Blue struts
The Nissan 240sx: It's a lot of sports car, but you can handle it.
Canadians are born drifters!
Dodge Cummins vs. Ford Powerstroke= I'd rather be cummin then strokin
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

that's what that hole is for
hotrodstu77
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by hotrodstu77 »

ah i see it now. my bad.
Crazy about the KA
mod list so far:cold air, clutchmasters twin friction, nismo clutch master, short throw, VLSD, 3" ebay exhuast, SSAC mani, .42/.48 garret t3, FMIC, Tein prings, Tokico Blue struts
The Nissan 240sx: It's a lot of sports car, but you can handle it.
Canadians are born drifters!
Dodge Cummins vs. Ford Powerstroke= I'd rather be cummin then strokin
slowKA
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by slowKA »

Sidewayzzz wrote:aero made it look much betters, looks terrible. Get a new front bumper, put the aero back on and go slide it! :lol:
^^^ CRAZY TALK!!! :lol: :x BOOOOO.... :shock: Aero = Major FAIL! :evil: Lines all wrong... no... the stocker aero looks so much better. That U-type, Origin Aggressive whatever style looks so bad on Zenkis... the lines are all jagged looking like some kid cut it out with construction paper... totally unrefined and blocky and WEAK... whereas the rest of the car is sleek and sexy... put that stuff on a Kouki if anything... doesn't belong on a Zenki. Kouki's got ugly angular faces like that body kit... but even then, that style kit has always looked ridiculous to me. :roll:

Stick with factory aero, you've got it right there.
On FA as slow240.

95 Base 5MT; Injen intake, Motoria Single tip exhaust w/ 2nd Cat delete. S14 VLSD. Clutch Masters Alum. Flywheel, KYB GR-2s Specialty Z subframe collars. Nismo Mounts.

KA-T project: COMPLETE! Parts getting fabbed up to work together 06/07/08. Install pending arrival of Fuel Pump and BOV. Should have boost by July!

5/2011 - Lol, totally didn't! I do have two kids though.

SEX = DEAD DREAMS
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

Back to NA, might just go with the 08 season like this :cry:

TanManS14

Post by TanManS14 »

There we go, car looks sick.
It's always broken.
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

Tune this week, i'm giddy like a little school girl :lol:
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

I was bored and found my old photobucket account with my old color...I miss it, should i repaint for 08 ? hmm...

sunnys14
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by sunnys14 »

rusted_s14 wrote:Back to NA, might just go with the 08 season like this :cry:

what color did you paint your wheels? rattle can? gimme the color!
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

rattle canned :) some duplicolor brand, not sure
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

Well, we did our first event for the '08 season; and it was a great success with 100 spectators and 20 drivers; pretty good numbers in drivers compared to 2007.

The engine set-up and suspension set-up is SOOO nice and responsive, feels good to have power :)
rusted_s14

Post by rusted_s14 »

Ran my car on the 1/4 mile, I got a 13.8 with a consistent trap speed of 103; crappy rear tires, and slipping Exedy Stage 1 clutch.

More picture from the last event in Houston

Image love my new seat!

sneak peek of what's coming...