Custom Greddy EBC and Turbo Timer Mount

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
nismo 240
240sx Wannabe

Custom Greddy EBC and Turbo Timer Mount

Post by nismo 240 »

Hey guys. I have been planning on doing this for a while; ever since I got my turbo timer. When I finally got my EBC it was time to go to work. Let me know what you guys think! :D

I did this all with a Dremel and some time. First I cut off the part that sticks out on the ashtray so I could have a smooth surface to trace on. Then I made a paper guide of the hole I was going to cut out, taped it on, and traced it. I offset the holes for the gauges so the blue middle part of them would line up nicely as you will see later. Next I pulled the ashtray back out and started cutting. The Dremel would not cut deep enough so I had to unscrew the front cover and cut that first. I kind of messed up the cutting on the right side but it didn't make a difference in the end because there was still a layer of plastic behind that. The body filler that I used later filled the messed up spot in nicely as you will also see later.

Next I cut out the main front part of the ashtray being careful not to mess up the cutting this time. I proceeded to cut out the back of the ashtray as well.

Next I cut out the back of the radio bezel.

Next I sanded the front of the radio bezel smooth for a nice finish later and so the paint and stuff would have something to stick to.

After that I shoved the ashtray back in and put my electronics in it for a test fit before gluing the sucker in.

After putting the front cover back on the ashtray, I superglued it into place. I did a bit more sanding also to make sure the front cover was sitting flush.

Next I went to town with the body filler. Can you tell this was my first time using it?

After a LOT of sanding I was finally starting to get somewhere.

Next was priming and painting. Before putting everything back together I noticed that the electronics were hitting the plastic bar right behind and above where the ashtray sits in the center console (right below the radio pocket) so this had to be cut out as well.

And here it is finally finished. I got a bit impatient and didn't wait for the paint to cure and messed it up a little but it is fine for now. It will be a while before I feel like more sanding, waiting, and painting. I think it turned out decent though...no?

Greddy Turbo Kit, Greddy Evo TT Exhaust, Greddy FMIC, Greddy Profec B Spec 2 EBC; Greddy Type RS BOV, Unorthodox Racing Lightweight Underdrive Pulley Set, Custom 3" Downpipe, Magnaflow 3" Cat, Denso Iridium Plugs, Walbro 255, HRT Built Motor (Wiseco 9:1 forged pistons, Eagle Rods, ARP Hardware, High Performance 3 Angle Valve Job, Port & Polish), Competition Clutch 6 Puck Sprung Clutch, JGY Customs Lightweight Flywheel, Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec's.
bandog
240sx Wannabe

Post by bandog »

freaking nice work! give me ideas
My KA will make your SR look like a waste of money

gearhead290
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by gearhead290 »

looks very good. If you spray it with some SEM texture coat it'll look like you never touched it.
irritatedmax
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by irritatedmax »

gearhead290 wrote:looks very good. If you spray it with some SEM texture coat it'll look like you never touched it.
please elaborate on where to find said texture coat. i was thinking the same thing.

clean install but i was thinking it would match better it you painted your shifter bezel area or retexture the radio trim piece. good work. not knocking anything.
nismo 240
240sx Wannabe

Post by nismo 240 »

irritatedmax wrote:clean install but i was thinking it would match better it you painted your shifter bezel area or retexture the radio trim piece. good work. not knocking anything.
Yeah...I kind of agree. I have the shifter bezel painted in the pictures...I think I just need to sand the climate control bezel smooth and paint it to match. I kind of like the smooth shiny finish. :D
Greddy Turbo Kit, Greddy Evo TT Exhaust, Greddy FMIC, Greddy Profec B Spec 2 EBC; Greddy Type RS BOV, Unorthodox Racing Lightweight Underdrive Pulley Set, Custom 3" Downpipe, Magnaflow 3" Cat, Denso Iridium Plugs, Walbro 255, HRT Built Motor (Wiseco 9:1 forged pistons, Eagle Rods, ARP Hardware, High Performance 3 Angle Valve Job, Port & Polish), Competition Clutch 6 Puck Sprung Clutch, JGY Customs Lightweight Flywheel, Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec's.
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Damn nice work.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
irritatedmax

Post by irritatedmax »

nismo 240 wrote:
irritatedmax wrote:clean install but i was thinking it would match better it you painted your shifter bezel area or retexture the radio trim piece. good work. not knocking anything.
Yeah...I kind of agree. I have the shifter bezel painted in the pictures...I think I just need to sand the climate control bezel smooth and paint it to match. I kind of like the smooth shiny finish. :D
i looked again closer and saw that you did do the shifter bezel. that does help it flow together. i agree that climate control trim would tie all those together.
slos14
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by slos14 »

nice job you are on the right track it just takes alot of time .

this is what i did too cisco240's ride a few years back .
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_im ... 334_65.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_im ... 334_56.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_im ... 334_64.jpg

too make your life alot less stress full look in too getting some slicksand its a spray on filler an it sets up fast an sand smooth so quick = less time spent sanding an a cleaner paint surface .
ka-t on the way
"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Caroll Shelby
nismo 240
240sx Wannabe

Post by nismo 240 »

Thanks guys for the comments so far.

@slos14: That looks great too! That is one of the nicest Greddy Profec E-01 mounts I have ever seen. I will definitely have to try some of that slicksand stuff. I hate sanding! I have mad respect for people who do good bodywork.
kb240
240sx Wannabe

Post by kb240 »

Very nice work. All the time put into it finally pays off in the end when you get that clean, fresh look.
drunknmunky
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by drunknmunky »

good job!

Why is it that the two units aren't aligned if I may so ask?
nismo 240
240sx Wannabe

Post by nismo 240 »

drunknmunky wrote:Why is it that the two units aren't aligned if I may so ask?
I did that so that the blue screens would line up instead.
kb240
240sx Wannabe

Post by kb240 »

nismo 240 wrote:
drunknmunky wrote:Why is it that the two units aren't aligned if I may so ask?
I did that so that the blue screens would line up instead.
Ahhh smart guy we got here.
gearhead290
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by gearhead290 »

Most auto body supply places carry the SEM texture coat or something similar. Otherwise talk to a car audio place, they use it there quite a bit and could probably tell you where to get it.
TryingToTurbo
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TryingToTurbo »

im pretty sure this is the first s13 i have seen with a stock radio. lol.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
irritatedmax

Post by irritatedmax »

TryingToTurbo wrote:im pretty sure this is the first s14 i have seen with a stock radio. lol.
fixed
p00t
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by p00t »

the fact that he would rather have a boost controller and timer than a cd player is awe inspiring :)
Current Experiment: Project Twin-Charge 2022