hersheskuirt's build(issue with idle 9-12-13)

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
KA24ETZTM
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Just a suggestion but if I were you I would put the dampner back on the crank pully. Those bearings arent going to last long without it. Glad to see your making some progress. Were going to have a show and tell day man. I need to come see your setup and you can check out mine. :)
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ka24etztm/videos
My Original Build Thread
: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=35224
Current Build Status: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=61790
TanManS14
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by TanManS14 »

Idk why everyone's hatin on unsprung clutches. I have a spec stage 4 unsprung, and have had it on 3 different motors. The clutch pedal literally feels like stock, through tons of wot shifts when it was NA, never slipped turbo. Really a great clutch for a dd.

Given, other clutches are stiffer, it depends on the pressure plate, but when you get used to it its no harder on the drive train than anything else. Unless you have no control, and drop the clutch or slip it like a madman. Besides that, shifting hard and the clutch grabbing equally as hard is a must for me.
It's always broken.
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

KA24ETZTM wrote:Just a suggestion but if I were you I would put the dampner back on the crank pully. Those bearings arent going to last long without it. Glad to see your making some progress. Were going to have a show and tell day man. I need to come see your setup and you can check out mine. :)
I know, it's on a table with a lot of the other things that need to on the motor. I just put that on there so I could turn it over every once and a while.

That sounds good. I think I still have your phone# in my phone. I will have to check to see if I do, I just can't find my phone anywhere.
Last edited by hersheskuirt on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

TanManS14 wrote:Idk why everyone's hatin on unsprung clutches. I have a spec stage 4 unsprung, and have had it on 3 different motors. The clutch pedal literally feels like stock, through tons of wot shifts when it was NA, never slipped turbo. Really a great clutch for a dd.

Given, other clutches are stiffer, it depends on the pressure plate, but when you get used to it its no harder on the drive train than anything else. Unless you have no control, and drop the clutch or slip it like a madman. Besides that, shifting hard and the clutch grabbing equally as hard is a must for me.
That's what I like to hear. People keep telling me that I will hate it, and I will not be able to drive it(or look like I don't know how to drive it). But I really don't care, I think it just takes time and patiants to learn how to dirve it.
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Unsprung will have some chatter theres no mistaking that. If you have a solid mount kit for the engine and trans it will get rid of most of it. It helps releave alot of slop in the drivetrain and you'll shift alot smoother. Wait you do have a solid trans mount. You bought from me :lol:
My Original Build Thread
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

The build is looking great. I like your turbo choice!
For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
keytops
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by keytops »

KA24ETZTM wrote:Unsprung will have some chatter theres no mistaking that. If you have a solid mount kit for the engine and trans it will get rid of most of it. It helps releave alot of slop in the drivetrain and you'll shift alot smoother. Wait you do have a solid trans mount. You bought from me :lol:
Yea those cluches are known as a "chattery bastards" over here. Solid d/s and stiff mounts are a must, looks like you got them covered, good job nice build!
98 s14 SE Track and weekender.
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

Well here is a little up date on the car. I started Sat. by stripping out the rest of the interior and started to strip the sound deading, Dry Ice is some awesome stuff. I did not get any pictures of the dry ice part of the day. The last thing I did was pressure was the engine bay and put the motor in so I could see what I had to remove to make everthing fit. I do have to say seeing the motor in the car makes me a little excited. The transmission is not installed because the motor will be coming out so I can fix some rust I found on the frame and on the driverside floor pan. Here are some pictures of the engine in the car with the turbo mounted,
jjracer3434
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by jjracer3434 »

where can i get that manifold and how much? i didnt see any part where it gave details on it sorry if i overlooked it. but nice looken car man.
im new give me a break...

I win races not spelling bees.
nelson240sx
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by nelson240sx »

I think he bought that from another member on here....Greaser iirc. I know i've seen that manifold before. Looks good

-Nelson
KA24E-T 06/06 to 10/09 (T25 then H1C Holset) - sold
KA24DE-T 12/09 to 10/11 (T4/TO4E) - sold
KA24DE-T 11/14 to 8/15 (T4/TO4S BB) - sold
SR20DE-T exo-car build 06/13 to 3/16 (EFR6758)
^ now VH45DE-T 6/16 to 10/21 (Billet T04S BB)
^now KA24DE-T 1/22 to current (EFR 7163)
Miata 1.8 turbo 9/15 to 3/17 (VF39) - sold
KA24DE-T build 8/17 to 4/19 (EFR6758) - sold
12.6:1 Turbo KA-T 4/19 to 7/21 (EFR7163) - sold
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

nelson240sx wrote:I think he bought that from another member on here....Greaser iirc. I know i've seen that manifold before. Looks good

-Nelson
You've got it.
jjracer3434

Post by jjracer3434 »

haha well if anyone finds it let me know haha. looks damn good!
im new give me a break...

I win races not spelling bees.
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

Well, it's been awhile since I have updated this post. I have been busy trying to finish things up, and to get the motor in the car for good. I sanded and welded in most of the holes in the engine bay to clean it up a bit. I will try to get the motor in the car tonight if I can make some room in my nasty garage. Here are two pictures of what I did to the engine bay.
Before
After
I still need to fix my brake line and cut the hole for the cold pipe.
Kamilitaryman
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by Kamilitaryman »

Great build so far dude. This KA is going to be sick!
PM me if you're interested in getting something powder coated!
ka-torqy

Post by ka-torqy »

damit...that turbo manifold was something that ive been looking to do for quite some time...as ive read somehwere somehow it tends to help spool turbos sooner...and besides that it looks bad ass bein right there in the front like BAM!!!!...in your face...lol....i hate that you got it before i did....but glad that you can test it out...lol....let me know how that thigns spools compared to other engines with that same turbo setup...should of ceramic coated it....awesome build will be looking forward to the end results
redline240sx

Post by redline240sx »

nice turbo setup man, cant wait till you get her running. I have a simliar turbo a 57trim turbonetics and looking into a turbo manifold with the same design.
S13 KA-t
240tuned91
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240tuned91 »

i would replace that rubber coupler on the right side connected to the intercooler (if ur looking straight at the car) so left lol. those rubber ones leak when it gets real hott im reaplcing mine today they suck.
eazye2000
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by eazye2000 »

Looks sweet. I really want to build my car all over again, and start from scratch.

Do you have any pics of the injectors, and how they fit into the intake manifold? I've been debating using the stock part of the manifold, or drilling it out, and welding in some aftermarket bungs. I don't have parts in hand, so it's hard for me to visualize everything.
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

eazye2000 wrote:Looks sweet. I really want to build my car all over again, and start from scratch.

Do you have any pics of the injectors, and how they fit into the intake manifold? I've been debating using the stock part of the manifold, or drilling it out, and welding in some aftermarket bungs. I don't have parts in hand, so it's hard for me to visualize everything.
The only pictures I have would be on the first page. If you need some different pictures let me know. The runners on each intake manifold are the same. The black one just has a different plenum welded on it.
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

240tuned91 wrote:i would replace that rubber coupler on the right side connected to the intercooler (if ur looking straight at the car) so left lol. those rubber ones leak when it gets real hott im reaplcing mine today they suck.
I will look into getting some new ones before I get the car running. Thanks.
XMcEvilson

Post by XMcEvilson »

nice build
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

I have been messing with the car a little bit here and there. Wish I had more time and money to go in to this so I could finish sooner. I got the motor in on Sunday, and finaly got to mess with it a little more today. There is just not enough time in the day.
After getting the motor in on Sunday.
JGS poly mount.
DSS steel drive shaft
I put this on so I could see how it looks in the freshly painted engine bay. I do have to say so my self, that it looks pretty damn good. :lol:
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

Here's a little up date on the car. It still dose not run because I don't have any more time to spend on the car. I did manage to find time to mount my gauges and my fuel filter. All I have to do now is add fluids, pump out gas tank, and make the fuel lines then it will be running! Here are my gauges I think it kind of looks like Mickey Mouse. I did not intened for this to happen.
I am going to powder coat the metal peice a gloss black, so it should look good.
91white_ka

Post by 91white_ka »

I saw you guys talking about the 62-1 on page one. Are yall running journal bearing or call bearing turbos? The reason I as is because I'm running a ball bearing 62-1 on my mazworx manifold and see full boost (18 psi) by about 3300 rpm.
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

I beleive mine is a ball bearing. My car is not running and has not run so I could not tell you where I see boost. I still have a couple of things to do before it can run.
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Damn hersheskuirt...your like me no time for the car with work and what not. I just recently got a new job making more money and working less hours so my cars getting done this summer. We still need to get up and check each others cars out. Car looks good though. :D
My Original Build Thread
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

Thanks man. I did not know you still came on the forum. Its almost done just a few more things and it will be running. When it's running I will try to bring it by or we can meet up somewhere. How far along is your car?
KA24ETZTM

Post by KA24ETZTM »

Oh yea, im always on. The car is super close too. Im trying to finish up all this suspensions so I can take it to get the roll cage welded in. Im getting it done this summer. i have to cause Im getting married next year. I want my toy done before I dont have time to work on it or the money. :lol:
My Original Build Thread
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

Dude I hear you. I'm getting married in October, and I need to get the car done before the wedding, other wise It will not get done. Hopefully in the next few weeks it will be running. We will see what hapens.
hersheskuirt

Post by hersheskuirt »

Finally got it to start. After finally getting some kinks worked out finally got it to start. Still need to adjust somethings and to clean up the engine bay. But here is a video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDrhCV88_gc