Daigle’s S14

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
tehzack
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by tehzack »

Blew up my car. Putting it back together now NA 11:1 compression. I updated my original thread if you wanna take a gander.
LSX.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

dood i been all up in yo thread! i love ur coupe!!!!!! ive been very excited to see your results....with kids throwin down 160-170 on stock compression as of late, this could be very interesting......
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
tehzack

Post by tehzack »

Werd, I'll be happy if it runs. I've never put a motor together. I'm workin with the 'how to build a ka' thread bookmarked and a bootleg fsm, lol. Doin work.
LSX.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Wooo HOO its done! and its amazing. SOOOOOO QUIET its not even funny. super stealth, quieter then NA with an intake. love it. if i could figure out how to get iphone videos to upload to photobucket with out loosing sound id post something up. now i just need a pal to help me do some tuning.

not done, but im gonna run it for a lil bit to make sure theres no leaks b4 ceramic coating. i didnt realize b4 that it didnt matter if the parts were used. not some of my prouder mig welding moments, i learned a few things and thats good enough for me. many hate on grinding welds but thats what i chose being a non load bearing item, im confident i got good penetration on everythign i ground thus far. Im going to run the TIG torch over a few things like around the flanges for asthetics and that one round you can see up top. if im paying to have it coated i want it to look pretty nice, im sure i got proper penetration with the mig, i was just holding much to far back and got some ugly stuff in some spots. ultimatly i wanted it to be resalable with the turbo and mani when i upgrade, and i think it came out great. all 45's, ported everything, flex section, exhaust evac and 3 O2 fittings etc...

schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
StylesCD
Learners Permit

Post by StylesCD »

Nice whip sdaigle. I heard that in CT you don't need to PASS emissions to register. Is that true (my DD is street legal and my 240 is dead)
koukidriver

Post by koukidriver »

Looks good
KeinPlan
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by KeinPlan »

I just read through ur write up and good job man.
I circulated my WG to my DP as well and it keep on giving me problems. My WG kept on loosening and blowing my WG gasket! However, I was running a straight pipe and stiff motor mounts, so I think all the vibration caused it to do that. Since I deleted the circulation, it's perfect. Just in case it happens to you, you know where to look! :)
Back on the road since March 5th, 2008 :D. Love Boosting again!

Under construction! 25psi?? December 2010

25psi reached! July 2011
hotbox240

Post by hotbox240 »

KeinPlan wrote:I just read through ur write up and good job man.
I circulated my WG to my DP as well and it keep on giving me problems. My WG kept on loosening and blowing my WG gasket! However, I was running a straight pipe and stiff motor mounts, so I think all the vibration caused it to do that. Since I deleted the circulation, it's perfect. Just in case it happens to you, you know where to look! :)
Putting a small flex pipe in between your wastegate and downpipe might cure this problem. Since the wastegate tube is only exhausting occasionally, it would not heat up to the same temperature as the main down pipe.
12.43 @ 115.06 - 05/2010
12.28 @ 117.61 - 08/2016
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

thanks gentlemen. i would not of had room to fit a flex with all the clearences i had to work with, but i wanted one. well c what happens its been mint for 1000mi easy. i also used allens for the hardness factor. i hoping b/c the the turbo, WG and DP are all connected there shouldn't be much vibration. also have stock MMs. none the less i appreciate the heads up and it its a potential issue ive worried about. i just cant have open dump. they wont even let me autoX cuz of the noise and with the WG on 8psi going off b4 3k rpm i look like an asshole driving around town with the screamer going off, cops were loving me.

EDIT: i guess im full of it. looks like theres room for a flex pipe there
Last edited by sdaigle240 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

StylesCD wrote:Nice whip sdaigle. I heard that in CT you don't need to PASS emissions to register. Is that true (my DD is street legal and my 240 is dead)
emissions are back in full effect in CT. 95 and back is sniffer, 96 up is plug in.
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

i might have missed it in your thread .. but what did you use on your boost pipes and what not .. the wrinkle black .. it powder coat or what looks great
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
TryingToTurbo

Post by TryingToTurbo »

Turbo24sxt wrote:i might have missed it in your thread .. but what did you use on your boost pipes and what not .. the wrinkle black .. it powder coat or what looks great
Check his sig for his "secret sauce" for the intercooler piping.
Built KA24DE: Wiseco 9.0:1 | Eagle H Beams | ARP Head & Main Studs | BC 272s & Springs | Supertech Valves
Boost Source: Under Construction

Thinking about E-Mance? Think twice and read this:
viewtopic.php?t=45057&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Turbo24sxt
Forum Moderator

Post by Turbo24sxt »

LMAO thanks I completely missed that!!
Anthony
***Nate Moore 480sx R.I.P ***
***Will NEVER be Forgotten***
Build Thread
viewtopic.php?t=15023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
street_240sx

Post by street_240sx »

awesome stuff. i cant wait to be boosted. i love your n1 duals painted black i might have to do that with mine
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

How is the check valve setup working out for the oil catch? I heard that the suction from the closed circuit helps seat the piston rings.
For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
240tuned91
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by 240tuned91 »

is that an egt probe between the 02 sensor ans wideband?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

left to right its, PCV/VC evacuation, narrow band down stream o2 sensor, wideband.
toadstool
240sx Wannabe

Post by toadstool »

sup brodizzle!

long time no see!!
http://dangdrifters.com/default.aspx
MORE ANGLE THAN YOU CAN USE.
n97240
240sx Wannabe

Post by n97240 »

nice downpipe!! i did mine the same way. One piece from turbo to catback less chances for annoying exhaust leaks.
I no longer have a ka actually in a car. Do the 2 ka's sitting in my garage qualify me to be on this sight?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

russ!!! dang brotha where u been hangin? definitely miss ur russ humor.

thanks for the down pipe complements! my largest welding accomplishment, i was so proud of myself lol. well except for grinding the welds, i did em like 3 times with my garbage welder and they kept looking like butt, havent had any problems with it but im going to weld a proper bead over the grinds with the mig at work.
steveoh
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by steveoh »

cars looking good, any hp #'s or dyno charts?
2010: JGS manifold, Garrett GT3076R .83, 550cc, midmount intercooler, N60 blow through, Nistune
fos240

Post by fos240 »

you need to add a flex section in that wastegate tube. otherwise it will crack later down the road.

frankie
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

no dyno numbers, just 8psi right now. thanks for the kind words.

getting tires then dyno tune to 350tq

i wanted a flex section but it was real iffy on fitting. are you saying this from personal experience? i see plenty of long term setups exactly like mine, internet, friends etc. and then again theres ppl on the previous page warning me too. the turbo WG and dp are all directly connected, why would their be flex between those items? or are you talking more about heat and or vibration? obviously places like where the dp meets the cat back make complete sense. but hey, it cracks, i weld it, and lesson learned, cant say you didn't warn me :) its only been 3500miles so i cant exactly say im confident. and i do appreciate all constructive criticism, keep it commin.
sdaigle240 wrote:thanks gentlemen. i would not of had room to fit a flex with all the clearences i had to work with, but i wanted one. well c what happens its been mint for 1000mi easy. i also used allens for the hardness factor. i hoping b/c the the turbo, WG and DP are all connected there shouldn't be much vibration. also have stock MMs. none the less i appreciate the heads up and it its a potential issue ive worried about. i just cant have open dump. they wont even let me autoX cuz of the noise and with the WG on 8psi going off b4 3k rpm i look like an asshole driving around town with the screamer going off, cops were loving me.

EDIT: i guess im full of it. looks like theres room for a flex pipe there
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

cleantune wrote:How is the check valve setup working out for the oil catch? I heard that the suction from the closed circuit helps seat the piston rings.
sorry, i looked right over this. i really cant factually say its "working great" but it sure as hell pulls some nice vac. i have to check the catch can, but the inside of all the tubing shows its evacuating the blow by, but ill tell ya every once and a while that blow by makes its way to the exhaust and then i go into chainsaw mode, clears right up shortly after.
fos240

Post by fos240 »

yes. my first setup like that broke at the weld of the dp. the only difference i can see between ours, is that you have an intermediate pipe. where mine was one piece. yes it was a pita to get hooked up. and it may have had a little bit of preloaded tension that helped cause the crack. on the second down pipe, i put a flex line in for the waste gate. unfortunately i didn't do that for the egr tube, so then it broke off at the down pipe. DOH!!! :bash: i'll post some pictures up later.

frankie
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

thank you! and if it helps, i chucked the EGR, blocked it off and no CEL's yay!!!!!!
aaronlee97
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by aaronlee97 »

So far, I've done a couple of setups with the recirculated WG directly welded into the DP without any problems whatsoever. Been running it like that since day 1 and made all the custom pipes myself. Never had any leaks or cracks at all. Nice custom work BTW.
irritatedmax

Post by irritatedmax »

yeah, it would seem that as long as the flex section is between the exhaust and where the the wastegate merges with the downpipe you would have the least problems. if you put the flex immediately after the turbine outlet and then merge the wastegate more downstream, then i would think you are asking for trouble.

in the first scenario, the wastegate and turbo will vibrate as one unit separate of the exhaust.
Steve

sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

boy dunno if its just me but i had a heck of a time following that, sounds like the first sentence was talking about a 1.5" flex and the second sentence was talkin bout a 3" flex. I already have a flex on the exhaust, we just talkin bout the WG, and i only have one glimmer of hope to fit it...on that extension peice you can see in the pix i posted.

thanks for the props aaron
irritatedmax

Post by irritatedmax »

sdaigle240 wrote:boy dunno if its just me but i had a heck of a time following that, sounds like the first sentence was talking about a 1.5" flex and the second sentence was talkin bout a 3" flex. I already have a flex on the exhaust, we just talkin bout the WG, and i only have one glimmer of hope to fit it...on that extension peice you can see in the pix i posted.

thanks for the props aaron
haha and i really thought that through. i basically agreed with your setup as having the best chance of not cracking due to vibration.

trying again:
1. wastegate dump pipe merges into downpipe before (upstream of) the flex section

2. wastegate dump pipe merges into downpipe after (downstream of) the flex section

1 > 2

better? haha
Steve