Daigle’s S14

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

I aquired 2 60's honda bikes ive been busy with (dream and superhawk if u care), but i got the car running decent this weekend. my ecu is still wack and only coperates for a bit. 3rd ecu on the way so i got my fingers crossed. for now its got a safe tune on it. put like 50 miles on it, untill my wideband startded acting weird again. gotta call innovate, again.

lots to do still, but small stuff like put on fender liners and put lower wind tray back on. wrap up some wires into looms, get boost controller working, get knock light working, wire up fans (hooked up to ac right now) mold the gauge pods. get an oil cooler, then on to all new heims for the suspension arms. pretty pumped it atleast drives now.

I need to record some driving, it makes some wild noises, the DSM BOV is recirc but is still SUPER loud, and it makes all sort of noise at just a few psi too and light cruise. also the WG screamer pipe IS DOWN RIGHT ANOYING! will recirc that too.

oh and one last thing, despite other peoples failures my exhaust evac pcv system WORKS EXCELLENT! you dont need a fancy aparatus to figure it out, I popped the tube and reve'd the car and you could feel a large amount of suction.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

You have the worst luck.
Post some pics of the bikes. I like older honda's.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

tell me about it. now the wideband unit has to be shipped back to innovate for their engineers to review. there goes another couple weeks of the season.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
leonl
240sx Wannabe

Post by leonl »

I have quite a similar setup as yours, except I will be running GT33 instead. Wondering how much HP are you planning to run? Good luck.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

what a whore, i forgot all my LC-1 wires are run through the gromet in the door to get to the gauge, and the unit is mounted in the trans tunnel. what a bi*ch

350ish around 14-16psi would be swell. at which point i'll build a motor and push the limits of my tuning ability on the current motor, then swap it in post pop.
Al_s14
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by Al_s14 »

sdaigle240 wrote:wiring one ground to chasis didnt do anything..... going to the yard tommorw b4 work

made a tester today....didnt get a chance to use it yet though...

Are you using an FX / G projector or did you just adapt a D2S bulb to fit factory bulb slot? I had a project like this a while back, mounted the projector and all but then sold my zenki and project just died off.
NOCO240S13
NooB

Post by NOCO240S13 »

Very nice setup on the air return for the BOV and the gauges in the door panel are cool.. :)
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

This is a touchy subject.......zenki's really shouldnt have HID's in a stock housing, im going to black some of mine out eventually.. but thats not the point. I aquired an OEM factory D2S D2R set up, not sure what car. the bulbs are just a cylinder with a few tabs. took the OEM H whatever bulb from the 240 and cut that circular metal plate off off it. I slid that over the hid bulb and epoxi'd it, I drilled 2 small little holes so the epoxi would connect both sides aswell. no Kfred beads, and not marine grade, but i get it done.

and thanks for the comments!
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

I am so mad at innovate right now. Getting the Rca style plugs back through the gromt in the door is killing me. now theres so many harnesses in there (Boost harness, boost line, knock lite harness, WB harness) I cant get the RCA's out. I got no where after 2 hrs last night. I think im going to have to pull all the other harness out in order to get the RCA's through. All this so i can ship it across the country for them to tell me " worked fine for us" or "its gonna be $150" after another 3 weeks of down time. I swear someone above dosent want me boosted.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

well, over 3 weeks of down time but innovate is giving me a brand new unit free. still pissed though. my light with electronics is horrendous. im like the first person ive ever heard of with a bunk LC-1 and definitly the first person to have those weird calum ecu issues. what else
Devilstar

Post by Devilstar »

hey if you get a free second and can remember i would love a post or a PM about how you moved the HVAC controls down, i kinda looked at it and it seemed the shape was wrong, i really wanted to do a set up like that or like this:

just not that big, as that thing looks like a killer wave coming in from the dash.. lol

also could you shoot me some close up pics of all the mounting that went into it? aswell as the gauges up top? if you dont want to tear it apart to take the pics that cool too, just an explanation will work :)

thanks mang.

P.S. the build is going sick, hope things are working out better for ya... electrical gremlins are the worse.
Kinematics wrote:Kouki 240s don't get you chicks, they get you retards. :lol:
www.utahnissans.com
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

hey no prob. the hvac thing was simple. just remove it and cut the mounting tabs off of it. then loosten the small headunit bracket screws that screw into the player. now, theres just enough room to fit the hvac controll. tilt it up at an angle so the face is flat and reinstall everything. i was going to eventually mount it to the bracket but that things not going anywhere.
just throw the harness under the bar and plastic cross member. a local got his hvac in the lowest din, so there should be enough harness..but its tight....i prefered mine in the top din. if yoou cut out the plastic cross member thing or trimmed it you could get the face of the hvac to sit realll flat. oooh iremember why the lowest din sucks. b/c the hvac unit is not flat its rounded so you have to install it at about a 30* angle, and with the head unit above it you cannot. allls i got...

as for the gauges in the old hvac location.....their just stuffed in there...just so happens 52mm pods fit sug in there.....i have lots of learning to do with fiberglass.

i cant find the pic right now, but theres a more rectangleish subaru pod that sits pretty nice on a s14 dash.

thanks for the compliments. new LC-1 should be here this week, and ill be off and tuning again.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

WOW I NEED TO GET A NEW CAMERA. on with some lo res pics. trying to decide between painting the eye lids or tossin them out.

YashioS14
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by YashioS14 »

i actually like the 350z rays track edition rims. But they are kinda hard to find. Plus i dont have 5 lug :(
96 240sx
KA24DE
Mods:
Walbro 255 fuel pump,Gp-Sports Spec-r exhaust, Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Stance Coilovers, Front & Rear Strut bars, tanabe rear sway bar,
pearl240sx
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by pearl240sx »

so clean man cant wait to see this thing in person good work
emo_tactical9

Post by emo_tactical9 »

I say get rid of the eyelids.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
tycar
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by tycar »

i'd say keep the eyelids. gives it a little facelift without looking too ricey.

plus, good call on moving the HVAC controls, I've always wanted to get them away from the top. they're always the first thing one sees.
merlin240s13

Post by merlin240s13 »

ehh, The lids don't do it for me, without the boxier corners it looks half-assed...
plus your car has the lines to get away with the zenki look, I think it looks great without them. You could probably double your money selling them on Zilvia tho.

just my $.02
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

anyone have to cut/grind their slave pin post clutch install? thats what it took, works fine now.

oh yes the lidz are gone!
MTX450

Post by MTX450 »

<3 you.

Let's hear it with the updates. I had no idea you had Calum dude. Give me a call sometime if you still need help. I had tons of issues like you and got them worked out real well and became good at tuning with the ol' trusty wideband. Car makes great power now.

You went through 3 RT ECU's?
EFI Tuner
Haltech Engine Management Systems
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

sup mang. updates are i rear ended someone....it was kinda bogus and i dont feel like an ass. wasnt bad, just about fixed now.

well 2 ecu's but one went back and forth several times, actually calum still has mine and i have his.... its a big cluster *****.... but the **** dont completly work and no ones denying it. my laptop is so wack i bearly have any seat time with the ecu. afrs were pretty damn good right off calums base tune, and the timing is on the safe end.
eissan

Post by eissan »

sdaigle240 wrote:sup mang. updates are i rear ended someone....it was kinda bogus and i dont feel like an ass. wasnt bad, just about fixed now.

well 2 ecu's but one went back and forth several times, actually calum still has mine and i have his.... its a big cluster ****.... but the **** dont completly work and no ones denying it. my laptop is so wack i bearly have any seat time with the ecu. afrs were pretty damn good right off calums base tune, and the timing is on the safe end.
just a fyi. a friend of mine was running a s13 ecu on a s14 and we found out the hard way that if you WIRE the maf WRONG it will blow the ecu there are 2 things on the ecu that go (I dont remember what) they can be fixed fairly easy or you can just get another ecu.

the wiring for the maf is VERY important.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Juuuust ordered a Samsung NC10 netbook purly for tuning, pretty pumped.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

tacked up ready to go to a buddies to use his welder then off for ceramic coating

and i toned down the n1 duals

i think i screwed this up, cuz i cant hear anything ..but heres a clip of how loud a DSM recirculated BOV is, stupid anoying and ricy....

street_240sx

Post by street_240sx »

n1 duals FTW looks good
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
irritatedmax

Post by irritatedmax »

i usually hate n1 duals but they look good in painted black. curious to see them on the car.
Steve

tehzack

Post by tehzack »

Dude did you truck bedline your exhaust too? your out of control lol.
LSX.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Haaa haa dude i would have bed liner'd the bi*ch if the stuff was hi temp for sure!

thanks guys, here

haha you can see i had to get LOW for that shot

and some of my other toys.....

i which this phone was a lil more consistant with its clarity, either way cell phone pics blow, but my camera is only .2MP more

Did the video work btw?
tehzack

Post by tehzack »

I dig it man. So is that just a high temp satin/flat black? Might have to give that a try... You know we have the same taste when it comes to keeping stuff low key/stock lookin.
LSX.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

^hells yeah, all my broski's hate cuz i love the oem look/feel. where ya been man? sold ur stuff...LSX in the sig... i thouht u were gone forever...

its VHT flat black, the coolest color in the world. only prob is it lacks practicality in most applications b/c its sooo flat that even finger prints show up on it easily.

i had to do it, from a driving distance back all you noticed was 2 shiny fart cans. plus the open dump, it was a cop magnet. not to mention i got instantly booted from the first AutoX i went to for noise... only 8 psi on a GT32= WG open ALL the time!