Daigle’s S14

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

thanks gents. get on that man, make friends with a welder. i dont even really know how to MIG lol.

dont laugh, but its a 10" Ridgid miter saw for wood from HD with a metal blade. it was $200and has served me well for 5 years on wood, steel and aluminum. i originally bought the ryobi for 120 but it felt cheap. im glad i bought the ridgid and to be honest i wish i spent the extra 100 and got the sliding compound miter version. most of the cuts you see are between 5* and 12*
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Last edited by sdaigle240 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
arob987
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by arob987 »

So basically using it as an abrasive saw.I've even thought of going that route I'd like a band saw but there pricey especially since I wouldn't really use it enough to benefit from it at the extra cost.that's more money to put towards finishing my car.what reasons do you think the sliding version would benefit more?
New turbo setup build in progress-11mm headstuds/cometic head gasket/jwt cam gears added,prec. 6266,gato mani,prec.46mm wg,bigger fmic,mspnp2,z32 trans,spec twin,q45 rear,full energy bushings. Still need injectors,and a few other small things

Old setup-ka24de-wiseco 9:1 pistons,eagle rods,arp studs,jwt s1 cams,brian crower springs and retainers,jgs log mani,t3 57trim .63 a/r,tomei 740cc,38mm turbonetics evolution wastegate,synapse bov,ebay fmic,nistune,j30 lsd.5 speed swap,z32 brakes F&R.
Marcus
Wearer of Missing G-Strings!

Post by Marcus »

Looks good man! Are you purging it?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

pack purge!? naw way man, im jus doin hood rat sheet with my frenz. should i try it? if it was an exh mani or something i would have.

on the saw.... i went to build a bar, and the damn cut on a 45* wasnt long enough, a compound miter saw woulda done it lol.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

HY SR got on the dyno last night.
The HY is a little big for that SR. in its defense the car has a long tube exhaust manifold and a Freddy intake mani, so its def gauged toward top end powa. at 8psi the WG just couldnt keep up and it would creep to 14. we raised the boost to 12 and it only crept to 15. Its probably partially the ebay exh manifold but the turbo is also decently out of its efficiency range and the WG is left to bleed a lot of air. i dont recall the exact number but it doesnt hit target boost till well after 3500, more like 4k. because of that she only made 240 something tq, but did turn out 311hp. BUT get this.... 555cc STIs were at 104% duty!!! i couldnt believe it. that HY really moves some air cuz on a 2871 he could have tuned for more boost as it flows less. i was just shocked i thought it could get 350-360 on 555s. but turns out if i put in the calculator it all makes sense. first pull of the day was 200hp so we had some nice gains for the day. this was all on a dyna pack hub style dealio.
LPime001
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by LPime001 »

sdaigle240 wrote:HY SR got on the dyno last night.
The HY is a little big for that SR. in its defense the car has a long tube exhaust manifold and a Freddy intake mani, so its def gauged toward top end powa. at 8psi the WG just couldnt keep up and it would creep to 14. we raised the boost to 12 and it only crept to 15. Its probably partially the ebay exh manifold but the turbo is also decently out of its efficiency range and the WG is left to bleed a lot of air. i dont recall the exact number but it doesnt hit target boost till well after 3500, more like 4k. because of that she only made 240 something tq, but did turn out 311hp. BUT get this.... 555cc STIs were at 104% duty!!! i couldnt believe it. that HY really moves some air cuz on a 2871 he could have tuned for more boost as it flows less. i was just shocked i thought it could get 350-360 on 555s. but turns out if i put in the calculator it all makes sense. first pull of the day was 200hp so we had some nice gains for the day. this was all on a dyna pack hub style dealio.
I've never flow tested mine, but i believe STI injectors only flow about 520cc at 3bar. The subie guys say these injectors max out at about 300whp, so your measured duty cycle seems to make sense. Probably time for an injector upgrade.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-liter-l ... pable.html

That torque seems a bit low, but maybe that's because its a 2.0L. Gotta love our 20% more displacement. LOL
Turbonetics 50 Trim T3/T4 .63ar
JGS Log Mani & Downpipe
Turbonetics Wastegate
Greddy Type RS Blow Off
PLX Wideband
Prosport Boost and Oil Gauge
CalumRT
WRX STI Injectors
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

yeah ive heard the same,. like 520-535cc. all the calculators are confirming the numbers we saw so i agree it all makes sense. the reason the torque is so low is due to the late spool from the 2.0. same for when you see low tq on a late spooling turbo on a ka, like a 6262. then u go look at a t28 graph and see this fattt tq spike from quick spool but drop off up top. unfortunately hes 18 and already blew his load on this build. so we turned the boost down a tad and it is what it is till he gets some more monies unfortunately.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

oil cooler with t-stat installed. about to belt sand the turbo flange as my boost consistency has gotten out of hand. rebuilding the DP as well with the flex section in the bay and crushed to oval pipe along the frame rails. turbo could use a rebuild but should be fine for the season, trying to find an OEM holset kit. would it be better if i posted pictures of it parked? :lol:
sdaigle240

Re: Daigle’s S14 - 7/10 Event Videos From Lime Rock Park

Post by sdaigle240 »

S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

Nice runs man looks like a fun track. jelly of the zenki man looks real good
My S14 Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=59534
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

thanks dood. the track is a hoot. they look like little baby inclines but those elevation changes are narly. you pop off the top of that hill with zero line of site and just go weightless to the bottom.

pic i found.
AFKOUKI

Post by AFKOUKI »

wish I could drift...looks like fun!

I'm afraid id put my car into a wall or something
Chris28
240sx Wannabe

Post by Chris28 »

Jealous of Lime Rock, it looks like an awesome track!
mattheripper

Post by mattheripper »

Yeah serious so jealous of your track and seat time! Your actualy slaying out there.
R32 KA24DET HE341 MEGASQUIRT DIYPNP S13 suspension 18x10/12
Click it >>>> viewtopic.php?t=56032
robunicu
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by robunicu »

looks good
shift_down
SuperMod

Post by shift_down »

That was awesome! The last video cracked me up though, all dirt in your face.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
CRBriggs
NooB

Post by CRBriggs »

where do you find a slim brake booster?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

whats up chase. i actually just posted up a wanted add on ONE and lucked out finding one quickly for 40$ iirc it is off of a non ABS, 5 speed s14 only. if you end up with that JGS manifold, you wont need one becuase the turbo sits so forward. if you end up with the ETD you will need one. the down side to that is fitting a MAF on the intake of a JGS setup can be tricky due to space.

anythign else, just shoot right here.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

hey thanks dooodsss! i looked right over your compliments last i posted here! my b.

so as usual, im either sliding, geeking out or fixing broken ****. unfortunately no sliding in this update.

my manifold asploded. thats what i get for bottoming out on my DP all the time. got a skid plate now thats really helping but still need to relocate the flex as close to the turbo as possible. lucky me, happened to recall kfred had the same exact discontinued manifold sitting around so it was a simple swap.

bought some galvanized to tinker around with. love this stuffs. kinda tough to see but once the headlights are in its nice n tight.

ok i guess i really love it.

But i really wanted a full size filter after 6 years of that tiny guy. came across a vibrant at pep boys for $25. def some outsourced and repackaged filter but it was nice. so i just had to message the intake to accommodate it.

i had been looking for flex tube for ducting at non race car prices. homedepot only seemed to have 4" which was way to big. while at pep boys we saw these flex tubes made by spectre. at $20 for 28" it wasn't cheap enough to go nuts but i had to try. on the way home sticking the tube out the window (which holds shape) we came to find that even AT 5 MPH that lil 3" tube moved some serious air.

and then i got carried away

shift_down
SuperMod

Re: Daigle’s S14 - 8/26 Radiator and Intake Ducting

Post by shift_down »

This is cool. You are putting so many ideas in my head right now. I think I'm gonna try to fab something up also.
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
emo_tactical9

Re:

Post by emo_tactical9 »

LPime001 wrote:
sdaigle240 wrote:HY SR got on the dyno last night.
I've never flow tested mine, but i believe STI injectors only flow about 520cc at 3bar. The subie guys say these injectors max out at about 300whp, so your measured duty cycle seems to make sense. Probably time for an injector upgrade.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-liter-l ... pable.html

That torque seems a bit low, but maybe that's because its a 2.0L. Gotta love our 20% more displacement. LOL
According to Cobb, they are 503cc at 3 bar.
Just call me Adam.
95 240: DIYPNP and T28.
08 Honda Fit
84 200sx: Sold after almost 10 years.
My file hosting:Calum,MegaSquirt,FSM
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

between the air box and the ducting this work was well worth it. my car stays significantly cooler and the air box is as cool as can be inside after driving. also the flow does not mess with the MAF signal.
picsbypenny

Post by picsbypenny »

still twinkies o.O
95 Silvia - KA24DET | 95 240sx - 2JZ

Build > viewtopic.php?t=57996
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

yup!

lime rock park this saturday for drifting. not many locals but figured id mention.

supakat
SuperMod

Re: Daigle’s S14 - EVENT Lime Rock Park 10/5 this SATURDAY

Post by supakat »

Good luck.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
drifting1two40
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by drifting1two40 »

Pics from the event
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

well... thanks for your interest gents' unfortunately my FAWKIN alternator crapped on me after like 2-3hrs of awesome. it would just drop into the 11s and 12s at random and i didnt want to chance it running lean and had an hour drive home. was in process with getting a quest anyway just sucks last event of the year. on the plus side it was the first time i had time to actually talk to people and chill. i drove an sr hatch that was running way too lean, an is300 and a stock coupe and they were just so much fun it blew my mind. very humbling behind the wheel of a stock powered 240/is300, super challenging and addicting. huge respect to the stock power dudes out there holding it down. we have one kid you genuinely can not tell has 140hp as he runs in packs of LS powered cars and the like.

anyway.... so i got to drive the morning when everyone was warming up, driving **** and driving solo. boo.

sdaigle240

Re: Daigle’s S14 - EVENT Lime Rock Park 10/5 pics

Post by sdaigle240 »

125 Amp quest alternator installed. just drilled the ears and threw a spacer behind the bracket with longer bolts. no need to cut anything. went from 13.1 to 14.1v at idle. haven't driven yet. already pleased.