Daigle’s S14

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

never noticed it or had a friend complain in several hundred hours down there. the propane is getting burt...unless shear heat hurts ur eyes..... i dont bake the place, it gets to about 70 and i hold it there.
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

looks aaaaite, i was nervous, id like to paint it black but i doubt paint will stick very well .
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

got the front back on
almost there
relay for fan
get the calum up and running
fuel pump
finish up the electronics and get the interior back together

TinyT

Post by TinyT »

sdaigle240 wrote:never noticed it or had a friend complain in several hundred hours down there. the propane is getting burt...unless shear heat hurts ur eyes..... i dont bake the place, it gets to about 70 and i hold it there.
hmmm...we must have satan propane in wisconsin, any friends garage i have been in heated by propane burns all our eyes, not from the heat

but it really doesnt matter either way
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

TinyT wrote: but it really doesnt matter either way
lol yup. im just glad i dont have the problem...its 0 degrees here
1993ka24det
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by 1993ka24det »

i like the coating on the intake piping, what is it
When Cornered, What G's Can You Pull
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

thank you sir. long ago i posted a thread reguarding painting ic pipes, i didnt get much feedback, but most people said regular paint is fine with the heat......

ive gone outta my way to keep everything as oem looking as possible, so i wanted that bumpy molded plastic look.

sooo...... i used truck bed liner (vinyl base) which comes out a hair grayish, so i hit it with satin black after wards.

and a little tip.......once ur comfortable with the truck bed liner, u can spray interior bits and they look unreal close to the factory wrinkly-bumpy dash, pannels etc.....there will be pics.....

Thanks again!
sparklingwiggle
NooB

Post by sparklingwiggle »

sdaigle240 nice compressiceps, and build.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

sparklingwiggle wrote:sdaigle240 nice compressiceps, and build.
haha, u know ur sh/t, thanks bro
got a bunch of malawi chiclids
i guess if its my thread i can get away with posting fish pics haha
KA4LIFE
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by KA4LIFE »

And since you jacked your own thread ill go along. Is that a ctenopoma acutirostre (bush fish, leopard Gourami) i see?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

haha good sh/t! good to know theres other freshwater enthusiats out there. i bought all theses guys as babies about 2.5-3 yrs ago, once the 240 spending slows on going 125 and doubleing the population. theres some other cool **** in here, eureka (yet to color up) taiwan reef, benji (super cool!) electric blue, deep water electra, bunch of unknown "starbursts" and albino mixes, red empress, and then a bunch of ones that were labled gay names like neon violet etc, i hate when they dont write the species. some cool suckers, green phantom, flame tail gibbecepts, scribbline, had a galaxy...blah blah blah basically a 55 stuffed with alounacaras'

heres the leopard ctenopoma , never realized they were a gurami, make sence lookin at em, they do really well with the chiclids

b4 this i was on a Arowana kick, i started with some silvers, sold one at 26", he ate mice :) then had an absolutly georgous jardini aro, who ended up getting sold for 220$
they'rebad ass http://www.df6na.de/df6na/Fische/freshw ... dini18.jpg

my apologies to whoever is reading this saying "this is soo **** gay" to them selves
street_240sx

Post by street_240sx »

lol nice tank and those are some big chiclids
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

thanks man, hopefully they'll get even bigger when theyre stretching out in a 125. def too crowed (although thats what u gotta do with aulonacaras) they stoped breeding (free fish food!) 6months ago so im feelin its time to upgrade

IM GLAD U LIKE THE CAR :roll:
KA4LIFE

Post by KA4LIFE »

They arent really a gourami but thats what people call them. ive got a little (maybe 3 in)ctenopoma. I really like fishtanks and was going to go big time but i dont really have the money to put into it right now. heres what i was going for. there was going to be another 30 gal long in between the 75 and the hex. they were all going to be plumbed together but never got around to it.

sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

aight, normally, i swear im NOT ok with eye lids (u know where this is goiing...), but i saw a pic of these and they were all of 15 bux so i said what the heck......

ur gonna have to use ur imagination here and pretend they are painted,

ok so....

Normal

rice lidz

again?

Normal...

lidz

i guess i lost my zenki love....

some pics im less fond of....
its like the freakin moon landing overe here!! or a crashed weather balloon!!
i may not have clearence but i always roll with protection!

so...ive gone out of the way to make things look as sleeper or factory as possible....this is where it got difficult..... the task of making 5 gauges look remotly oem, (yeah good luck, right) it ended up having great visibility but i have to redo the pod to be the same angle as the trim peice, once they are texture and color matched (and both white face to match the SE) they should look alright (im no interior guru) although in my mind it looks waaaay better then pillar or steering column pods, but some have said "uhhhh dude....theres **** gauges in ur door............rice!!!" i dunno im ok with it....

excepting constructive critism here
oilman

Post by oilman »

you could make a center pod for them were the double din radio would go. just use a single din radio there and put 2 or 3 gauges there. also have you thought about a piller gauge mounts.
˙ʞɔɐq ǝdıduʍop ɥɔuıᄐ llnɟ 'ᄐʌıısɯ 'ɔɔ0ㄥᄐ ɹs '8ᄅʇ ㄣ⇂s 'ʇunoɯ ɯoʇʇoq ᄅʇ ɔɐss 'ǝdnoɔ ⇂66⇂
EviltoM wrote:this is the dumbest ***** post ive seen this year. congrats.
nelson240sx

Post by nelson240sx »

awsome heat wrap job.....hey, its better than losing your brakes. :lol:
KA24E-T 06/06 to 10/09 (T25 then H1C Holset) - sold
KA24DE-T 12/09 to 10/11 (T4/TO4E) - sold
KA24DE-T 11/14 to 8/15 (T4/TO4S BB) - sold
SR20DE-T exo-car build 06/13 to 3/16 (EFR6758)
^ now VH45DE-T 6/16 to 10/21 (Billet T04S BB)
^now KA24DE-T 1/22 to current (EFR 7163)
Miata 1.8 turbo 9/15 to 3/17 (VF39) - sold
KA24DE-T build 8/17 to 4/19 (EFR6758) - sold
12.6:1 Turbo KA-T 4/19 to 7/21 (EFR7163) - sold
street_240sx

Post by street_240sx »

yes very nice heat wrapping and great and differnt idea for you gauges i wanta see the panel in the car now lol
03 evo8 gsr: stroker 2.3 ;)

04 evo8 gsr: totalled

96 integra gsr: sold

89 s13 coupe: stock dohc, gt3076, megasquirt

started 3/15/08, running 1/18/09, finally turbo 2/9/14 lmfao
scarceas
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by scarceas »

sdaigle240 wrote:aight, normally, i swear im NOT ok with eye lids (u know where this is goiing...), but i saw a pic of these and they were all of 15 bux so i said what the heck...... ur gonna have to use ur imagination here and pretend they are painted,
i guess i lost my zenki love....

so...ive gone out of the way to make things look as sleeper or factory as possible....this is where it got difficult..... the task of making 5 gauges look remotly oem, (yeah good luck, right) ... in my mind it looks waaaay better (than) pillar (gauges)
Is there any chance there are more of those lids available? For $15 I want to see what they look like on my '95.

IMO the pillar is the most oem look, but your setup is certainly unique & I think it works. It would be cool if your knock light could somehow be recessed somewhere, though. Like if it was just a flush mounted light next to the Tru Boost gauge.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

hey guys, thanks for the nice comments!

oilman,
i am currently running 3 gauges in my climate controll location, and have moved my climate controll to the din location. havent taken any installed.......
pg 1 pic

i track and autocross my car so pillar pods are absolutly out of the question for visibility reasons...not to mention they scream fast and the furious in my mind.....

thanks nelson and street! i had a really scary brake fade experience at limerock park going off the end of the straightaway just under 100mph so i went nuts with the heat stuff :) in the spring i will install my full z32 conv....:), just need to aquire the ebrake assbly's for a non retarded price

unfortunatly the knock light cannot be flush mounted doe to it having a senitivity button on the back of the unit :( originally it was going to go in the defoger vent in the dash to the left of the cluster but i cant seem to get the vent trim peice to come off.....

the eyelids can be had on ebay, they sell 2 types, the shorter one like this and one that covers part fo the corners too..... somesimes there on there for 15 and always on there for 20.....
Last edited by sdaigle240 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
KATizzle

Post by KATizzle »

I spy with my little eye a convertible volvo. My friends dad has one, they're fun to drive around.
Boosted at July 16, 2009. Ran lean fried the rings a week later. Finally blew in November. Pulled the motor out, put in a fully built one February. Exactly a month later spun a bearing NA. 50K mile stock engine and trans in at August. Still running now... Spent 6k for a stock 240 :( I still don't wanna get rid of it
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

bmw, rwd, even more fun..... :D
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

The engine bay looks great. Your gauge placement is sick on the door! Did you just run the wires through the factory power window/lock wire loom?
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Hey thanks man, i guess its not to bad considering its never come out. timing cover, runners etc really piss me off though....

yeah about the harnesses....., its the most horrible thing ive ever done, haha no it just sucks balls and is zero fun to go through that gromet on the door. the plugs on the XD-16 are way too big.......

i ran the inovate wires and boost line while i was awaiting the aem harness in the mail. so thinking it was going to be small i fugured it wouldnt be to bad to tape it to the boost line (its hard) and pull it through, well turns out its chunky, and now im likely to put the TXS lite there too, its gonna be a whore.....
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

yup yup. clean wiring is often the most difficult, but when its all done its usually worth the while. keep us posted :)
SM240

Post by SM240 »

Pretty late post, but the door pod is exactly what I had in mind, just have zero knowledge of how to make that. I like it
sloka-t
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by sloka-t »

where did you get your heat wrap?
Mechanical Engineering, Florida State University
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

SM240 wrote:Pretty late post, but the door pod is exactly what I had in mind, just have zero knowledge of how to make that. I like it
Thanks dude! well fortunatly for you, the door pod can be purchased on ebay, type s14 door pod and ull find it in primer or carbon fiber. and the WB pod is just a 2"ID pvc pipe cut at an angle and ground to fit the sail on the door.
sloka-t wrote:where did you get your heat wrap?
for whatever reason i took a liking to thermo tec over dei, but the gray wrap is 2k* from summit. as is the reflective crap on the DP and the exh housing. thats a summit "turbo blanket kit" by thermo tec as well and the stuff on the MC is also thermo tec but i got it at auto zone b/c the price was best there.

so i started her up. woo hoo it ran......like balls

ran over the basic trouble shooting stuff and came to the maf. i took the n62 off put a n60 on and same thing, stupid rich wont hold idle. so then i put the stock maf on and it idle'd fine.
so i got sold 2 bunk MAF's on here i guess
checked the voltage, (which i woulda done fist but i couldnt find the multimeter) in ACC the n60 and 62 read 2.9v, haha yup that would create a rich condition. the stock s14 maf read .57v muuuch more reasonable. sooo thats one issue tackled.
i almost finished my electronics last night so those should be done tonight.
im welding up a boost leak checker today b/c i couldnt find any thing at homedepot that would work.
gettin the walk through by calum tonight so hopefully thursday ill be street tuning.
Last edited by sdaigle240 on Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

wiring one ground to chasis didnt do anything..... going to the yard tommorw b4 work

made a tester today....didnt get a chance to use it yet though...

worked on the electronics a bit more and got the door mocked up.....

Schooled
Driving Mom's Station Wagon

Post by Schooled »

NICE BUILD!! :D
im diggin the tape to hold the gauge on your window, ur very crafty lol
1991 Nissan 240SX KA24DE-T PROJECT
JDM TYT3 YO"
>_<