Daigle’s S14

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
supakat
SuperMod

Re: Daigle’s S14 - EVENT Lime Rock Park 10/5 pics

Post by supakat »

Sweet, when I did the alternator swap, it cleaned up my afr's. I forgot I did this as well.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

i found your YT vid... damn your shiz is clean lol. i only got to do a few rips but i think mines the opposite of yours, i think mine got a little bit richer. def helped out with my idle. i dont have my coil "hard wired" though... i tried that hobbs switch thing a while ago and it did its job but also made my car break up. im going to try this combination of the two: viewtopic.php?t=43375
airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Thanks, I also had the rewire done as well. I know adamky had similar results like me.
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

I am surprised that the ram air setup didn't mess with your MAF signals. Mine was really screwy until I built a shield for the front of it.

Your pics and videos really make me want to get into drifting. Probably won't do it with my current car, but I'd love to buy a S13 beater to build into a fun little drift car.
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

adamky wrote:I am surprised that the ram air setup didn't mess with your MAF signals. Mine was really screwy until I built a shield for the front of it.

Your pics and videos really make me want to get into drifting. Probably won't do it with my current car, but I'd love to buy a S13 beater to build into a fun little drift car.

mee too! i was prepared to add a bunch of screens but none required.

I agree man, its a tough decision, look at page 1, i had a pretty damn clean car lol. 5 years later and here we are. shes still a nice car but shes got her cone dents etc from my first year of sliding. what i can say though is in all the years and phases ive had my car - clean, street, grip etc, i NEVER had as much fun as i do sliding the car. i actually cant think of anything more fun in life in general lol. now that im starting to slide with friends its taken on a whole new awesomeness. they way i see it is, yeah its a rare car, but its not a collector, you can buy another if you really needed to. so why baby it when i can get out there and thrash it like i built it for.

if you dont run your tires down till they start flapping off the belts and you consciously tell yourself your not going to plow any cones... you really aren't going to do any damage to the car. the amount of car control and seat time you pick up is insane.

think of this. the average grip driver could not just go out there and shred a lap on the drift track... but the average drifter can definitely throw down well on the grip track. car control... one pushes it to the limit and thats where you stop, the other is operating well beyond the limit.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
signals13
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Post by signals13 »

if you dont run your tires down till they start flapping off the belts and you consciously tell yourself your not going to plow any cones... you really aren't going to do any damage to the car. the amount of car control and seat time you pick up is insane.

think of this. the average grip driver could not just go out there and shred a lap on the drift track... but the average drifter can definitely throw down well on the grip track. car control... one pushes it to the limit and thats where you stop, the other is operating well beyond the limit.

we'll said dude :)
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

thanks brehh. i really feel that **** and can safely say ***** you haters...why? cuz i was a hater, flat out disliked drifting in 07-09ish then i stopped being a bi*ch and woke up to fun motorsports.

random cool photo

aaronlee97
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by aaronlee97 »

I like your style man. Really clean installs and nice custom work. Keep it coming man!
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

VERY kind, thank you sir bro.

you just reappeared huh? iirc you went dormant for a while there. i'll go dig up your thread and peep the updates. thanks again!
aaronlee97
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by aaronlee97 »

No problem man. Yeah things got hectic for a while and I wasn't able to really post anything. I have a small window of time right now so I'm taking advantage of it.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

for some time my car had this odd and inconsistent hesitation coming off throttle occasionally. after replacing a bunch of **** and trying a ton of things i discovered my dizzy cap was a little melted. swapped out for a used one sitting around and all fixed. figured id put that out there and maybe save someone some time down the road.

lol at the difference in my car from page 3 to page 13
aaronlee97
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by aaronlee97 »

Funny that you mention an odd hesitation because I've noticed with each of my 240s an odd hesitation that comes about seemingly randomly. It will happen at various times while driving but more so when the engine is colder. What happens is the AFRs rise to 17 or so and I notice hesitation for a short burst. Then when it goes away the AFRs go back to normal 14-15. Sometimes it will even happen when I'm under boost and that concerns me the most. The AFRs don't go up to 17 but closer to 13.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

aaronlee97 wrote:Funny that you mention an odd hesitation because I've noticed with each of my 240s an odd hesitation that comes about seemingly randomly. It will happen at various times while driving but more so when the engine is colder. What happens is the AFRs rise to 17 or so and I notice hesitation for a short burst. Then when it goes away the AFRs go back to normal 14-15. Sometimes it will even happen when I'm under boost and that concerns me the most. The AFRs don't go up to 17 but closer to 13.
huh that sounds a little different and maybe TPS or CTS suspect... but im guessing youve already gone that route. mine was going rich sometimes and lean others. always low rpm, always when im just tipping into the throttle. rips fine after that.
aaronlee97
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by aaronlee97 »

TPS checks out good, put in a new CTS, car idles great, it's just when throttling. Doesn't get rich though. I was wondering if maybe my fuel pressure is fluctuating or something.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

did some knuckels this weekend.

only have one blury photo of the root pass. 200 amp tig no filler, then ran 200 amp mig with mild steel wire. came out purdy good.

just eyeball align but you get the idea.

got another set i may make up with low ackerman and see which i like.
sdaigle240

Re: Daigle’s S14 - cut n shut knuckles 5/18

Post by sdaigle240 »

I didnt go to ECB so i punished myself with work. half this **** got to go.

sloooowly

and a bunch of other ****.
shift_down
SuperMod

Re: Daigle’s S14 - Everything out! 5/27

Post by shift_down »

Oh this is good. I need to do this too. How long do you thing it's going to take before putting everything back in?
Come at me bro

Fast
Reliable
Cheap;
You can only pick two, so choose wisely!

My build thread: viewtopic.php?t=57539
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

yes you do... not even done and it feels good.

its not looking great. I have a wedding this Friday the 30th and one the following Saturday the 7th. Following weekend completely off 14th/15th then gone the next weekend 21st/22nd. so, I see no reason it wouldn't be done by Sunday June 29th lol. whatever, its something to do and im having fun with it. feels good to run through everything on a car you take to the limit and trust your life with.

then i need to swap in a non abs DS and a welded diff. at that point im thinking just dropping the rear subframe and modifying the ES bushings or buying solid risers.

and then then... i signed up for a roll cage. i have a bender and no clue what im doing. that should be interesting.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Nice. I would like to make a cage as well. Keep it up.
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
Altima-DET
240sx Wannabe

Post by Altima-DET »

didn't realize you went that far bro! with if you are gonna delete shizzzz from the engine bay...... DELETE EVERYTHING you can!

http://s620.photobucket.com/user/gtobyd ... 8.jpg.html
http://s620.photobucket.com/user/gtobyd ... 3.jpg.html
superDorifto
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by superDorifto »

Scrub, scrub, scrub....that **** takes forever. Looking good so far.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

brooo... your car cant be in my thread looking better than mine, thats not right lol.

thanks, will!

sorry for the turrible photos, guess i didnt review too well.

notching to clear the rack knuckle

more clearancing. yeah yeah i could of done this on the bridgeport at work but whatever

buncha access grinding for a 16 socket

Altima-DET
240sx Wannabe

Re: Daigle’s S14 - Steering Rack Relocation 6/1

Post by Altima-DET »

Damn son! When you said you wanted to lighten shizzzzz up I didn't think you'd remove the weight of a small asian woman!
superDorifto

Post by superDorifto »

I got extra reflect-a-gold...can never have enough gold.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Ayooo Track Sluts....

For the low pressure side, Id kinda like to remove the factory PS cooling loop and as always "upgrade" while im in there. but im just not sure if going over the top is really necessary given OEM is just worm clamps.

So, do i...

A. Leave the low Pressure side of my PS system the ***** alone. $New Lines and Clamps

B. loose the cooling loop and run a simple tube in fin worm clamp cooler ~$45+ Lines

C. AN Push lock everything, AN cooler, AN resevoir, AN fittings on pump and rack. ~$150+Lines

youre thinking "well how much do you feel like spending?" but what im really wondering if anyone has had track experience with any of these setups, did it last, did it leak, did it still overheat etc.

Will, I know what your answer is lol.
240miatalife
NooB

Re: Daigle’s S14 - Looking for Opinions on PS setup

Post by 240miatalife »

Sorry I'm not responding to you're PS question, but I just wanted to say props on the build so far. I just read the entire thread (no page skimming) and love what you have done here. I've had 5 240's myself (s13/14 ka-t/SR) and I'm beyond excited to get back into the 240 game. I ventured to the dark side for 3 years and built/boosted a 2000 miata for the sole reason I could not find a 240 up to my standards back home. I just picked up a s14 KA longblock that I'll be building for hopefully a Zenki similar to yours. Thanks for all the info and motivation to even make an account up here (i've lost/been locked out of old accounts due to hotmail deleting me) so I have no way of pulling up any of my old posts from years ago on this forum, nicoclub etc lol.

One question- As I did skim through and never really saw it addressed it again. Are you still using the Calum(sp?) software for tuning? And might I suggest a Megasquirt II PNP. That was the one plus I had going into miatas was that I purchased the standalone MS2 and it was way too easy to install and setup. Even offers an auto tune feature which literally tunes your fuel map for you as you drive it based on AFR targets you selected for that point in the map. Also has overboost protection, launch control etc.

*EDIT* the other huge plus to megasquirt is the fact you will delete you MAF. I've always hated them and it was nice to to never have to worry about the tolerances or faulty air flow readings of them in general.

I'm in for updates. This car has come a long way for sure
Need boost back in my life.
_ S14 KA build for boost in progress
_ In need of a stockish running S14 in the ND region LOL
superDorifto

Post by superDorifto »

worm clamps are for losers....and when you run out of money for fancier ways of connecting **** together.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

lololololololololol
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

240miatalife wrote:..
huge thanks man! who doesn't love responses like this!

still running the old skool calum ecu. no doubt there are better options but it works, and works well. we have a local tuner around here whose very nistune fluent so that helps too. some day id love to swithc it up though. i just have to wait till i get the patience and justification to do it. untill then... plenty of other things to blow my money on haha. lately ive been wanting stupid stuff like body kits n sheet.
240miatalife
NooB

Post by 240miatalife »

I understand where you're coming from, if it works it works, why replace it. I'm just looking forward to building something similar, I miss having ka-t and so much torque to play with. Stupid things huh, I vote cleared headlight housing and projectors or rally mudflaps. ha
Need boost back in my life.
_ S14 KA build for boost in progress
_ In need of a stockish running S14 in the ND region LOL