Daigle’s S14

This is for all those PICTURE THREADS ONLY. Motor installs, product writeups, showing off your car, put the thread in here.
mattheripper
Knows Some Stuff About 240's!

Re: Daigle’s S14 - ClubLooseNorth Event

Post by mattheripper »

Sheesh man both sound really cool.
My oil return has been acting up on me and I want to upgrade to an "an" return. What ID oil return size should these turbos have?
I have 3/4 ID now (which was what the stock the turbo came to me with) so I'd have to go -12an to get about that ID. But for the turbo return flange -10an seems to be the common one on ebay. And the one -12an I saw on ebay looks like the flange mounting bolts would keep the female an fitting from threading all the way on. Idk. Your turbo seems to have kept you going for a long time so I'd like to do the same as yours I guess.
R32 KA24DET HE341 MEGASQUIRT DIYPNP S13 suspension 18x10/12
Click it >>>> viewtopic.php?t=56032
sdaigle240
Belongs To The TOP CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS!

Post by sdaigle240 »

i would recommend a JIC line from a hydraulic store. same 37* flare as AN stuff but its steel. over the course of 7 years i have had to remake my drain 3 times - so this time i wanted steel. between the heat and lack of flexibility, the AN lines eventually leak from within (swivel fittings have a seal) and become almost seized, or just really really hard to spin (at least in this application). i had my jic line made for 62$ which is less than the materials required to build your own AN line. most of us go with -10 AN but im pretty sure a 12 would be the way to go if you can fit it. if you put your feed in a Gatorade bottle for 5 seconds youd see why - its a lot of damn flow. i see what your saying though, even the -10 setup on the bottom of the turbo is really tight in several places. with all that said i havent exactly had great luck with my turbos. killed a precision in about 10k . then ran an hy for a season, between blowing that motor and the motor i swapped in dying within 100 miles that turbo died too. then i got another which i ran for a season and then it needed a rebuild. from now on im rebuilding used turbos b4 running them. really cant complain too much after 7-8 years and 20K+mi. i think i waited a touch to long on this last one, its good but not great, probably need another rebuild eventually. but it looked good to me when i put it on. ive changed my setup a bit over those years though. i now have my oil feed post oil filter and then another inline filter after that.

airman wrote:I'm all about spreadsheets. Bitches love spreadsheets.
schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
hy35 18psi Build Thread: viewtopic.php?t=38784
RIP MJL best friend of 20 years and the man who showed me 240s
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

the boards be slow yo. heres a bunch of pictures of the same thing.

schmauster920 wrote:I shall cast my own pistons in the sands of time, then forge them in the depths of hell.. as funds allow
mattheripper

Post by mattheripper »

So much fun eh?! One more month till I will be living close to a track.
Streeting is always fun. But there is something about getting in a whole course layout groove!
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I hope, one day, to have had as much fun in any of my cars as you appear to have had with this one alone.

Keep it up good sir :cool:
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

+2.4 :D I feel the saw way.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

hhaha thats awesome airman lolololol. we have a very special relationship - man and machine - only a fellow gear head gets it. haha thanks doods!
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

Aaaaannnnnnnnnnnd my Air Conditioner works. its pretty amazing. not just for icy balls but it also keeps me fog free when street sharking in the rain.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

shes gone bros. i wrecked her :crying-blue: upset doesn't event begin to grasp the way i feel right now.

8 years, 70,000 miles
RIP

when im ready, ill post up videos from the event, the actual crash and then i will be "locking" this thread.

Life is full of triumphs and failures. Its how you pick yourself up and recover from those failures that defines your success.
torquefreaks
Dreams of owning a 240!

Re: Daigle’s S14 - THE END

Post by torquefreaks »

ALL STAR BASH?
adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

F*cking sh!t, man. As soon as I saw the title had changed to "The End", I was heartbroken. Think about how much you've learned over the years and how much better you could do if you built another!!
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
s13240
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by s13240 »

That was a beautifully done car!
SoundEfx
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoundEfx »

Sorry for your loss.
Image << Yuh dun know!!
Cross......... Angry........ Miserable.........
SoundEfx up in here causing trouble......
"I'm a BAD man... BAD man doh dance..." ...... " That bam-bam is ..MINE..!! "
flip240

Post by flip240 »

That really sucks dude, not many great looking God Powered Concord Gray's anymore :(
- Phil - Concord Gray S14 - 339 rwhp, 340 ft-tq @ 12psi
Daily driven turbocharged KA24 for 10 years and counting. 2004-2014
My setup: KA24DE-T
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

Are you okay physically?

For SALE !!! >>http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 44#p537044 <<

Buildthread: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.ph ... 46#p537046
instagram: @cleantune / @siks_tehn_racing
S14wayz

Post by S14wayz »

damn dude sorry to hear.. I couldn't imagine losing the car after all the work and love put into her! These cars really become extensions to us and tough when things like this happen :(
My S14 Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=59534
BigLoukaT
Dont Question My Nissan Knowledge

Post by BigLoukaT »

cleantune wrote:.
Are you okay physically?

Doubt daigle will mind me answering (but if so sorry bro). He and his rider both walked away without a scratch. Not sure if they got sore in the days following though
1990 S13
Boosted single slammer
MS DIYPNP
npx from 240sxforums wrote:i figure from my very limited knowledge about the 240 and under the hood about cars in general i would follow the sr20det trend.
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

Glad to hear they are both okay; that's the most important thing in situations like this.

Daigle, we're here for you man; if there is anything in our power we can do to help, let us know.

mewantkouki

Post by mewantkouki »

So what exactly happened? How bad is the car? I've seen some "unfixable" wrecks get fixed.
sdaigle240

Post by sdaigle240 »

thank you all.

happened at lebanon valley drift. basically i was too blind to my surroundings. i had been just paying attention to the car in front, who already enters much different than i. had been doing this all day, well it finally got dark and he finally entered much later than usual. after watching the clips a million times, i now see we were about 20-30 feet deeper than usual.

i am physically ok, thank you. spirits are just in the dumps. not like depressed, im just pretty lifeless lately. people generally know me as colorful and loud.

i dont think im in a position to get a new car right now. the car is pretty *****, but i do believe its only aesthetics, beyond the front strut tower moving a lil. if that's the case, with some repairs, the car can be trailered to events and shamefully drifted until i figure something out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U5JDWN ... SPrVvaDtAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knyLkwJ ... SPrVvaDtAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYrH8f8 ... SPrVvaDtAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyU2Mi4 ... SPrVvaDtAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQpEd4e ... SPrVvaDtAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCRsgR9 ... SPrVvaDtAA

car is ***** and looks much much worse in person.

R34SR

Post by R34SR »

You know what, at least you were one of those guys who got to track your car and truly enjoy her, I've had mine the same amount of time and never got the chance to put her on a track. Sorry for your loss bro
MEGASQUIRT 2 PNP
AEM IGN1A COILS
EAGLE-ARP-SUPERTECH 9:1 KA24DE
BW S257 SX-E .78AR
ID1050x Injectors
Full Race twin scroll manifold
ISIS FMIC
Mazworx z32 tranny swap
CTS V CALIPERS
STANCE LX+ Coilovers
J30 LSD
AME FS01 WHEELS 18X9 +25

TinyT wrote:for the love of god, post your setup, do you really think you can get an answer after saying HI ME CAR HAS TURBO NOW BUT I CANT BWAAA PSHH WITH IT WHATS WRONG
mewantkouki

Post by mewantkouki »

I don't know if I missed it, but was this car your dd? There are still clean s14's hiding out there. I'm sure you'll be back!
supakat
SuperMod

Post by supakat »

Yea at least the motor is good. Swap into another chassis and slowly get back into it.
12.96 @ 116.36 - 2.1 60ft - 11/2011
13.1 @ 114 - 2.3 60ft - 8/2012
KA24DE-T
Build thread/Blog
YouTube Channel
torquefreaks
Dreams of owning a 240!

Post by torquefreaks »

Definetly seen much worse, not that the situation isnt ****. Chop the rear, tube it, buy some overs and ebay tails trunk and bumper. front looks like a fenders and bumper. replace the bent suspension with more adjustable components and i bet after all of this you will enjoy the car even more then before and not because of any upgraded parts but because you will probably drive harder without that worry to crash your picture perfect car! And definently no reason why you cant drive it on the street after shes cleaned up. remember some of the sickest drift cars out there have terribly body lines from previous accident but they tell a story and still look hella sick doing it! Get amped up and change ur title and attitude to "THE BEGINNING"

ment to be a positive post ;)
cleantune
Encyclopedia-Nissan

Post by cleantune »

He's back! you didn't post on here for a lil while, I was like oh man. We'll get your "color" and "volume" back Daigle, no worries man.

Getting back to what you had posted recently: I remember reading something about the front strut towers in the rules for either SCCA or Formula D (believe it or not car construction/ safety rules overlap quite a bit between these two organizations haha); anyways there was something about allowing a rebuild of front strut towers (maybe rear too as long as it is in the original location. I think formula D rules just have a rule against bracing them off of the firewall. Also, I believe tubed front ends (from front of strut tower to the front) are allowed in most track/ racing organizations.

Tubed rear end like Torque mentioned might be something to checkout; if nothing else just a topic for teh interwebs browzing. Just for some visuals, here are some pics I took earlier this year (2014) of someone with an s14 (I'm having trouble remembering their name at the moment), who did a tubed rear end (basically from the rear struts back had been cut off (or spot welds drilled out), the cut lines sealed and painted, a new tube frame; with just overfenders, rear bumper trunk and lights (*I think the rear over fenders are Chargespeed because their overfenders extend pretty much all the way down both sides of the rear wheel arch and arguably, they look very similar to the oem s14 fenders:

adamky
SuperMod

Post by adamky »

Ouch. That was hard to watch. Poor car.

I know you're depressed as hell, but there's only one direction that you can move from here... FORWARD! Going back is not an option, so just go ahead and start planning on what it's going to take to get another shell to swap your parts onto. It might take a while, but I have faith that the phoenix will rise from the ashes. YOU CAN DO EET!!!
Wiseco/Eagle, JWT S1 cams, BC valve springs, PT5857, ID1700 injectors, SR20DET ECU w/ Nismotronic, COP conversion with LS ignition coils, etc, etc...
--> YouTube channel --> my build thread
SoundEfx
240sx Wannabe

Post by SoundEfx »

Damn, that's a tough one, but even the best drifters crash.
The thing is that that they all get back to it.

The only thing that should stop you from getting back to it is your wallet.

But you're a baller, so no worries there....lol
Image << Yuh dun know!!
Cross......... Angry........ Miserable.........
SoundEfx up in here causing trouble......
"I'm a BAD man... BAD man doh dance..." ...... " That bam-bam is ..MINE..!! "
trk240sx
240sx Wannabe

Post by trk240sx »

Rebuild, call her the Phoenix...
mattheripper

Post by mattheripper »

I was seriously just watching your and supakat's youtube vids and then was like, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I'm bummed out for you bro. Like everyone else I think your gonna make a huge comeback. Cheer up brotha:)
airman
KA-T.org OWNER

Post by airman »

I just now came across this :(

Sad day :(
R.I.P. 1990 Red Hatch - DOHC 5 speed // CP 9:1 - Eagle Rods - Clevite - ARP // Holset HX35 - 20psi daily - MSPNP2
8-bit wrote:You could spend your life building a ladder to the moon, or work for 5 years to pay for a trip.